Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    The food database seems a bit limited I was wondering if you plan to add more sources. For example I eat lots of lean cuisines but there seems to be a limited selection.

Also, would it be possible to track weight more precisely. eg 145.7 to get more detailed trending.

Overall the app looks great so far.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by MKTrek View Post
    The food database seems a bit limited I was wondering if you plan to add more sources. For example I eat lots of lean cuisines but there seems to be a limited selection.

Also, would it be possible to track weight more precisely. eg 145.7 to get more detailed trending.

Overall the app looks great so far.
    Hi MKTrek,

The Beta version contains smaller database than the App catalog version , which is being reviewed to be publish.

I will enter a floating point weight option , but due to some limitation , it will be in 0.5 "jumps" , i think it gives nice precision , do you agree?
    I purchased and downloaded but there is nothing in the category
  4.    #64  
    neblinafog ,
    Did you had any older instalation before?
    is the point section ok?
  5.    #65  
    Finally version 1.0.4 is available!!

Demo version valid until 1.12.09

Few days before the release of the app catalog 1.0.5 version of the Diet Control , I present to you the same Diet Control application.
    operational till 1.12.09.

the user now can log it’s food consumption , by selecting different food type from a large database with over 1600 food products , or calculating a food eaten according to its nutrition facts , the user can also update he’s weight progress (on a daily basis).

Each food contains nutrition facts which are available for the user. The user can also "google" any type of food he consumes.

The user enjoys some great features such as calendar integration,Day Track feature in which the user can see how much he consumed within a day , delete food item , If entered incorrectly , see food nutrition facts etc. The user can also benefit from the hi standard Graph system embedded in the application.

Enjoy , And eat well.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/diet-control
    This app is really great. I like how you can add your customized foods to the app. The coolest thing though is the ability to export to the calendar.
  7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by neblinafog View Post
    I purchased and downloaded but there is nothing in the category

Version 1.0.6 is in the app catalog , the bug is fixed.
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This app is really great. I like how you can add your customized foods to the app. The coolest thing though is the ability to export to the calendar.
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I downloaded this app from Preware to check it out. It went to the first screen and began to slowly download the database. It appeared to download about 10th and wouldn't go any further. The menu area was visible but available. The program seemed to have potential so I deleted it via orange + tap.

Then I went to the App Catalog and paid for the app. It downloaded nicely. I still have the downloading database bar, that doesn't seem to have made any progress.

The Menu, Day Track, Calculator, and Graph buttons all work, but are obviously have no data to compute. In preferences, I can enter my height, weight, etc. In Menu, I have 5 icons across the top. The first, Catagory, only has the option of all that produces nothing. The second, Points, has a blank menu, the third and fourth are greyed out. The last one with the question mark pulls down the limited help menu.

I think I have a problem with database loading. I've tried several restarts. In the version from Preware, it at least showed some download progress as the dark bar got across to the letter D in Loading before it stopped. In this paid version, there "appears" to be no progress for loading database.

Any ideas?

UPDATE...just downloaded 1.0.8 update from app catalog. No change. Loading Database bar shows absolutely no progress after 5 minutes. restart no help. Wifi on. Still need help.
    Last edited by 02589; 11/18/2009 at 07:32 PM. Reason: update
  10.    #70  
    Do you use Pixi or palm pre?
    can you try clean install of 1.0.8? it's an update from yesterday , in which passed all QC process.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Pre. Removed via Device Info. Clean install from App Cat.

All is well. Thanks. Now I need to learn to use the program.

I appreciate your help.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by 02589 View Post
    Pre. Removed via Device Info. Clean install from App Cat.

All is well. Thanks. Now I need to learn to use the program.

I appreciate your help.
    Great News!!

fill free to ask anything
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Hi Yariv,

I've been lurking in the background for a while but wanted to say thanks for implementing some of the suggestions I had made earlier. The app is really maturing. I just bought version 1.08 for the app store to offer my support.

I have a couple of other thoughts / suggestions for you to consider. Could you allow DC points to calculate out to the first decimal place (tenth of a point)? Some people round up/down while others track more precisely. Same would hold true for the food database. Perhaps this could be a user setting in preferences.

Also, how about a way to import weight for those who may have been tracking their progress with another program and would now like to switch to yours. Importing would allow some immediate history and graphing.

Is there anyway for the user to override the allowed DC points for the day? I'm on a more aggressive number of daily points than your program automatically calculates.

BTW: I love the feature of nutritional info in the Day Track screen. Cool.

That's it for now. Thanks again for the improvements you've made. I'm off to leave some positive feedback for you in the App Store.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Is there any reason why the DC calc is a pt off from the weightwatchers calcs for points. The key seems to be that I have to ad one less fiber point on the DC calc for it to match Weight Watchers calc. Has this been addressed in this forum before? What should I do to make sure I can use this on my phone without having to use the WW tools? They have a web tool but I have to zoom all of the time. I'd like to use this app instead.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Looking at the WW calculator and using the same data for the Diet Control Calc (120 Calories, 2 Gr Fat, 3 Gr Fiber), I get 1 pt on the DC calc and 2 pts on the WW calc. I found similar discrepancies on other food items which requires me to have to adjust the fiber count to get it to match. Any reason why this happens. The formula should be universal right? (See Attachment). People tend to get upset when they're thinking they're eating less pts when According to Weight Control Industry leader calculations....they're eating more. Your thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Looked Up on the web the nutritional value for 2 LiL debbie Nutty Bars (I don't eat them, I was just searching). Return was 310 cals, fat 18g, fiber 1g. Looking at weight watchers Calc, that comes up to 8 pts. Tried with another websites random calculator and I got 8pts again. Using DC I get 7. Why? (See attachments)

I paid $2.99 for this app at the app catalog. Many people will be expecting that they are 1 up on their WW friends using higher priced calc tools. You may be getting more of these inquiries.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17.    #77  
    Bruh-Man ,

It could be something result of rounding numbers , i'll check
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by limoman View Post
    Hi Yariv,

I've been lurking in the background for a while but wanted to say thanks for implementing some of the suggestions I had made earlier. The app is really maturing. I just bought version 1.08 for the app store to offer my support.

I have a couple of other thoughts / suggestions for you to consider. Could you allow DC points to calculate out to the first decimal place (tenth of a point)? Some people round up/down while others track more precisely. Same would hold true for the food database. Perhaps this could be a user setting in preferences.

Also, how about a way to import weight for those who may have been tracking their progress with another program and would now like to switch to yours. Importing would allow some immediate history and graphing.

Is there anyway for the user to override the allowed DC points for the day? I'm on a more aggressive number of daily points than your program automatically calculates.

BTW: I love the feature of nutritional info in the Day Track screen. Cool.

That's it for now. Thanks again for the improvements you've made. I'm off to leave some positive feedback for you in the App Store.
    Hi limo ,
    Thanks for the feedback here are my answers:
    1. Yes i can add floating point to the calculated food items for example 12.56 , but the database which i have and gathered is integer based , so it will still remain integer , the floating point fix will be added to the next release.
    2. Importing from other application is a bit more tricky , I need to understand how they keep the records then build some kind of translator to my records etc. so the other application should export some API or file reference. And I also need to do this from the device itself , risky and difficult.
    3. There is no problem of overriding the calculated points , but there is still an issue when you update your weight the point are re calculated…..
    I’ll change the control type of the calculated points , but for those who need to override this value , keep in mind that every weight update (from the day track feature) the point are recalculated.

Thanks again
    E
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    1. Yes i can add floating point to the calculated food items for example 12.56 , but the database which i have and gathered is integer based , so it will still remain integer , the floating point fix will be added to the next release.
    Thanks! You probably only need to carry it out one decimal place. But whatever works.

2. Importing from other application is a bit more tricky , I need to understand how they keep the records then build some kind of translator to my records etc. so the other application should export some API or file reference. And I also need to do this from the device itself , risky and difficult.
    How about an import option from a CSV file that simply includes, in an order that you would specify, "date" and "weight"?

3. There is no problem of overriding the calculated points , but there is still an issue when you update your weight the point are re calculated…..
    I’ll change the control type of the calculated points , but for those who need to override this value , keep in mind that every weight update (from the day track feature) the point are recalculated.
    Hmmm. Anyway to have the adjusted (newly calculated) points be a percentage of the original, that the user could define in the preferences. For example, if your current calculation creates a daily point target of say 30 points, but I want to use 24 points, could you have an option that reduces your original calculation by, in this case, 20 percent? May not be perfect, but would get the end user close to what they have decided to use for a target daily point goal and still adjust with the daily weight update. Or perhaps the option to completely override the daily calculation update and simply enter the user defined daily point target. Then it would just be up to the user to change their target points as they lose weight.

As always E, anything you can do in these areas would be fantastic. If you can't I understand that too and appreciate you listening. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    This is the "official" calculation from you know who:

The equation is:

Where:

p = Points

c = Calories

f = Fat Grams

r = Dietary fiber Grams

(Note: min{r, 4} equals the number of grams of dietary fiber or 4, whichever is smaller. In other words, only the first 4 grams of fiber "count.")

Examples: 100 Calories, with 2.5 grams of fat and 4 grams of dietary fiber = 1.4 points
    or 120 Calories, with 2 grams of fat and 3 grams of dietary fiber = 2.0.
    Last edited by limoman; 11/20/2009 at 09:56 AM.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast