Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    When I enter something for a favorite, it doesn't show the name of the food in the favorites list. Also, when I select it, it just shows the quantity and nothing happens when I add it to the calendar. How do you delete something from the favorites list?
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by hrminer92 View Post
    When I enter something for a favorite, it doesn't show the name of the food in the favorites list. Also, when I select it, it just shows the quantity and nothing happens when I add it to the calendar. How do you delete something from the favorites list?
    thank you hrminer92,
    could you please tell me what is the item that you entered to the favorite list? I'll see what is the problem.
    Delete from the favorite list will be available in next version
    Help! I installed the program and used it for one day. It worked great. The next day I woke up, launched it and entered my weight, no problem. I closed it. 30 minutes later I launched it and all I got was a blank card. Totally blank. So I deleted the app and reinstalled it. It worked great all day. Next day again worked fine entering weight in morning. At breakfast launched program and got same blank card. Again I deleted it and reinstalled. Next day SAME PROBLEM. And ythe next day too.

Why is it doing this? Is it a bug in the program? A conflict? I really want to use this program but it is pretty worthless if I have to delete and reinstall daily.

I am hoping the creator will respond to his and help but of course all other replies are also appreciated.

Thank you!
  4.    #44  
    thank you ravsteve ,And sorry for the inconvenience.
    I have located the nasty bug and fixed it , I will post new version shortly.
    Hope you enjoy a better version , and continue to use this application.
  5.    #45  
    Introducing new and improved v0.8.5

1. Dark Palm theme applyed , Some UI changes made to allow the user better use of the application
    2. Favorites - the user now can delete a favorite item by using the swipe mechanism , just drag the object out from the list (available only for favorites)
    3. Bug fixing Including the major bug reported by ravsteve.

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/diet-control
    Never before controlling your weight was any easier

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Great app - thanks. The update looks great and fixed my blank screen issue also.

Two requests / suggestions. Is there any way to automatically track the total amount of points consumed as we go through the day? Perhaps on the Day Track page. (Or even number of points remaining.) My other request is can you add the option to the Graph page to list results as text? Oh yeah (I thought of 1 more) any way to input current weight to include tenths of a point? Perhaps adding the ability to type in the new weight.

Thanks again for all the hard work and updates to this app. I feel healthier just opening it throughout the day.
  7.    #47  
    Thank limoman ,
    Its great to hear that the great effort does pay off.
    regarding your suggestions, automatic track of the total amount of points consumed per day is already implemented on the application , for each food consumed pressing on the calendar button in the menu screen or the calculator screen produce to actions , one is adding an event to the calendar for each food eaten , the other is an "updated" event on 23:00 with total amount of food consumed , take a look at the attached image:
    I didn't understand your suggestion regarding "can you add the option to the Graph page to list results as text?" , please elaborate , and of course next version will include current weight with tenths of a point.

Thanks again
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    I didn't understand your suggestion regarding "can you add the option to the Graph page to list results as text?" , please elaborate , and of course next version will include current weight with tenths of a point.
    Thanks for the future addition of weight with tenths of a point. The text option I was referring to would be the ability to look at your weight history in numbers, instead of just bars, points and lines. I know this wouldn't technically be a "graph", but it seemed like the logical place to add this feature. In other words, a numerical log of your weight history. Perhaps something like:

Regarding the point total, is there any way to have a running total throughout the day somewhere on the app? This would not only save you from having to open your calendar, but it would help you plan out how many points you can still consume before the end of the day. The current options of adding the food consumed, along with the point values and a total at 11pm is a great feature. I was just looking for a way to have the program provide a current running total consumed so far, or total points left to consume - either one.

Thanks again for listening and being open to suggestions.
  9.    #49  
    no problem limoman,
    All will be done in future release , Thanks for the great input
  10.    #50  
    no problem limoman,
    All will be done in future release , Thanks for the great input
    Hey this app has really made progress. I will actually start using it now. One suggestion, when you pull a type of food it says the food has a number for points, but then you can change it. How do you know how much value it is? Also on my Treo 755p. I used to use the calorie king software CalorieKing - Diet & Weight Loss Software for Palm OS Handheld Diet Diary for Palm OS this had all the major resturants and the calories already preloaded. Hope it can help as you keep developing the app. Thanks!
  12.    #52  
    Thanks mamouton,
    I will look into the great link that you posted here. if there is a way to embed this on my software i will do so .
    Regarding your question , i have a database containing food to points value , on future releases the database will hold more he 1500 products + nutrition facts!!
    What do you mean by "but then you can change it" , do you refer to the fact you can change the amount of food?
    No i mean the points, or maybe I am doing something wrong. When I click on bun it gives me a message saying how many points, but then I can change amount, unless that is the servings. Is there a help section?

Opps I guess I should have read some more I answered all of my questions. Great job on the app.
    Last edited by mamouton; 10/05/2009 at 06:39 AM.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    cool app
    Is there a way to make it so that I can keep track of my points somewhere other than my calendar? I wish this had a different way to track points like a notebook in the program....my calendar has too much in it just for my normal life let alone adding other stuff to it.
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by futilemonkey View Post
    Is there a way to make it so that I can keep track of my points somewhere other than my calendar? I wish this had a different way to track points like a notebook in the program....my calendar has too much in it just for my normal life let alone adding other stuff to it.
    Well first of all you the diet control application creates it's own calendar view you can simply filter out the Calendar of the Diet Control, so you don't have to see it , Second there are some advatages of using the calendar platform for future application use such as reminders for certain kind of food to consume, etc.
    Good app. Just started using and found couple of glitches. When I calc DC values via Calculator and want to add a description (to add as a favorite or to calendar) I believe the text color in that entry field is white because I cannot see what I am typing although the text turns black when I have it selected. Secondly, when I have saved this entry into Favorites it does not show the name of the menu item. For example I entered trail mix that has 3 DC points and the entry in favorites shows up as "3.0 has the value of 1.0 DC Points". Finally, does anyone know why this app would not show up in Preware? I can see the app in FileCoaster and Preware recognizes it as an installed app but the app does not show up as an available app in Preware.
    I have exactly the same problems as dwhollo
  19.    #59  
    Dear dwhollo and hharbaugh2,
    Thank you for your input , I'm currently working on some major improvements regarding the Diet control app , Its under QA proccess right now ,All those glitches , are already taken care of.
    regarding Preware , I really have no idea
  20.    #60  
    Introducing new and improved v0.8.8

1. Bug Fixing - Wrong display in favorites , Calculator's white edit box etc.
    2. Calendar - all Day event of food consumption is now on top.
    3. Some UI modifications

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/diet-control
    Never before controlling your weight was any easier

This version is a beta version and the last version prior to the app catalog version.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast