Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    It's not that I'm offended because I'm not offended. I'm not the target audience for this app. But I'm a marketing person. And I tend to think that people would rather imagine themselves as they wish to be... a heavier person should think positive thoughts about being healthier.

So why show them images of what they don't want to be? They're not motivating. Some people may find them cute or funny.

As for asking if anybody else is offended, I think most people who are offended would just not bother with the app... why spend your time on something that offended you? I think most people would walk away. I think most people that might have been turned off would now NOT be hanging out in the forum topic for that app.

I'm saying something as a marketing person, which is to think about who your audience is for this app. And does that user, all day long, want to see an icon of an obese guy in his or her Launcher? Does that user identify with the Superman, who I am concerned is a breach of trademark law as well.

We can't say "no one should be offended." People who are sensitive about issues react to what makes them sensitive, and telling someone to not be sensitive doesn't work AND makes you look insensitive. The next time someone is crying to you, see how well it goes over to tell them to stop being so sensitive.

It's not about being politically correct. It's about knowing your target audience and showing them something that caters to them. If you think overweight people want to see cartoon characters of obese people, then that's what you show them. I tend to think that overweight people would rather dream of their desired size and health, and I'd rather show them images that support that goal.

Just a marketing person trying to help an app. Do what you want! I wasn't downloading it either way as I'm not your target audience. I was just surprised when I saw the new icon and images as I think they may shrink the number of people who choose to use the app and look at images of obese people all day.
  2.    #22  
    debbiepre , thanks for your effort
    As i said before images will be changed in the next version
    Quote Originally Posted by Equilibrium View Post
    debbiepre , thanks for your effort
    As i said before images will be changed in the next version
    Thats to bad.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I didn't find the images offensive but they are pretty juvenile. I mean if you want to be taken seriously you may want to rethink the the overall styling of the app. I applaud your effort as there are no other apps like this and I've been waiting for one. I had one on my iphone that was pretty good and it did help me remember to track my food, which is key to any weight loss plan. I think that one just had an icon of a scale...simple, classic. Anyway keep up the good work!

That said, here are the issues I am having:

Menu button does work and the Select Food Item even worked but there should be a search function instead of having to scroll through the list, which doesn't seem to be in any particular order. Having been a member of the WW online before they had it where you could change the serving size, which would be nice. I can't get the Day Tracker to work at all, so I don't have any thoughts on that. But is or will there be a way to add a food from the Menu to your Day Tracker automatically or do you have to look up the food in the Menu and then get out, go to the Day Tracker and then add the food manually? Ok that's all I got...for now
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Thanks and keep up the good work..be careful mentioning anything about the big WW because there was a PalmOS app that was removed from public domain at their request and is hard to find anymore.
  6.    #26  
    v0.6.0 has been released!!

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/diet-control

With new look and feel , and much more improved features.
    1. application is delivered via the latest Database integrated within , no need to connect to the server till next update.
    2. chosen food are embedded in the Calendar.
    3. Food items can be easily accessed and filtered selection of food item is much quicker.
    4. Configuration available with auto calculation of daily points according to several variables

enjoy
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    wow, much better.

you've made a giant leap in this version!!!

you have my vote.
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
  8.    #28  
    Thank you avnera
    I downloaded the Diet Control program. I have never used a diet program and I'm going through the learning curve. I tend to like to cook my own food from scratch and I hope this program will support this.

Good Job and thanks for the program.

John Butler
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbintpa View Post
    I downloaded the Diet Control program. I have never used a diet program and I'm going through the learning curve. I tend to like to cook my own food from scratch and I hope this program will support this.

Good Job and thanks for the program.

John Butler
    Sure thing,
    And if you have good recipe mail them to me so i can share them in my app
  11.    #31  
    v0.7.2 has been released!!

With new look and feel , and much more improved features.
    • Fully Integrated calendar with each food consumed and a total point consumed per day
    • Fixed bug relating Filtered List. searching throughout the huge database was never better
    • Help - About menu
    • UI improvements(misspeling, better look , etc.)
    • New Look for the calculator

Still To come:

• Calculator Improvements.
    • Graphs!!
    • Additional Restaurants Database.
    • And more and more.......

live long and loose weight

Last edited by Equilibrium; 09/21/2009 at 01:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Great program. Hats off. Will help me restart my neglected food diary.

A few requests:
    -ability to input a certain food and save it as a favorite for the future (ie 2cups of honey nut cheerios with skim milk could be labeled "bfast"); would save time from finding or inputting calories each day
    -edit portion size (ie menu lists 1 cup blueberries as 1 point but I ate 2 cups - no way to fix point count)
    -Can you alphabetize the menu pick lists in each category?
    -Can the search function for a certain food universally look across all the categories?

Thanks!
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by bkcrown View Post
    Great program. Hats off. Will help me restart my neglected food diary.

Thank you for you observation , You have made some great remarks

ability to input a certain food and save it as a favorite for the future (ie 2cups of honey nut cheerios with skim milk could be labeled "bfast"); would save time from finding or inputting calories each day
    -edit portion size (ie menu lists 1 cup blueberries as 1 point but I ate 2 cups
    -Can you alphabetize the menu pick lists in each category?
    Will do

-Can the search function for a certain food universally look across all the categories?
    Yes I will add "All" category
    Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    i agree. alphabetizing will help finding the food although, i am using the filter option.

i like the idea of adding a button to 'add to favorite list' and in the categories and another group of favorites.

keep improving it, please.
    Avner.
    @avnerarbel

WritePad HD - http://goo.gl/8RQmn
    Coloring Book HD - http://goo.gl/XgezU
    Animal Baby Piano - http://goo.gl/Y5UXg
    Four in a row - http://goo.gl/tHF63
  15.    #35  
    Introducing new and improved v0.8.1

1. Graphs!! - Point,Bar and line graph to allow you to analyze your weight progress and food consumption.
    2. Favorites - you can now add your favorite food into a section in the database.
    3. Quantity control - you can now enter the amount of food you have consumed for each food item.
    4. Weight Update - you can now update your weight(once a day) and look at the progess using the graphs.
    5. Calculator improvements - You can now enter food description to freely calculated food.
    6. Help screen on each major scene.
    7. Brand new UI ,Using view menu buttons.
    8. Bug fixing.

Never before controlling your weight was any easier

Last edited by Equilibrium; 09/28/2009 at 09:58 AM.
    The app seems to have strange effects on my calendar.
    I assume food consumption should post to the calendar, but nothing shows up and my calendar day view is frozen. Can no longer swipe/scroll to next/previous day.

****update - just rebooted Pre and all seems to be fixed--entries appear on the calendar and I can scroll again.
    Total Food Consumed auto entry (11pm) on calendar is a nice touch...

This app I will use!!!
    sent from my Palm Pre
  17.    #37  
    enjoy my friend , And if you have suggestions please , don't hesitate
    I need to start using something like this in a couple weeks..How do you remove an item if you entered it wrong. I deleted it from the calendar and the total daily amount did not remove the points. Also. in the categories, protein is misspelled.

Also I will need to keep track of the number of grams of protein I eat per day, amount of water I drink and if I got in all my vitamins and pills. Any way those can be added.

Thanks
  19.    #39  
    NCZman,

Hi, I hope i can give some answers.

1. Yes you are correct , deleting an item from the calendar does not decrease the amount in the total daily amount, and the reason for that is that the calendar and the Diet Control app are 2 different application , deleting from the calendar and adding additional food BTW does sync the total daily amount , an ugly hack is to add a 0 value food , but thats as i said is an ugly hack. I need to think how to fix this issue.
    2. The DC point program contains food and point value , right now there is no information regurding nutrition facts or any kind of vitamins , pills or water usage , but thats an idea....
    3. I'll try to get some data regurding protein amount on food items.
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    Thats to bad.

Perhaps the fat waiter guy could get skinnier and skinnier each time you open the app, or each time you have a day below a certain value. As the market person mentioned, people will identify with what they want to be. Therefore if they see the waiter guy getting skinnier because of the diet selections, perhaps that will help them!
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast