Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Nodoze prevents WebOS from going into sleep mode. This is useful if you want to access Linux via SSH or SFTP over WiFi as WiFi shuts down when in sleep mode.

Will optionally display a notification every XX minutes so you don't forget you left Nodoze active and run down your battery.

2009-10-20 v0.3.4
    • Fixed background issues

2009-10-16 v0.3.3
    • Fixed more background unstoppable issues

2009-10-16 v0.3.2
    • Fixed background unstoppable feature

2009-10-16 v0.3.1
    • Optional background unstoppable feature
    • Improved application icon (thanks Spunks3!)
    • Fixed 'Activated' status on dashboard
    • Improved UI performance when creating dashboard

2009-10-14 v0.3.0
    • Optional background operation
      • Tap dashboard or click launch icon a 2nd time to launch main card
      • Swipe dashboard to close
    • Screen always on toggle on main scene

2009-09-18 v0.2.0
    • UI fixes
    • Optional vibrate notification
    • Optional sound notification
    • Optional screen always on
    • Optional IP connections list

NOTE: I had to change the appid to allow vibrate notifications to work. This will confuse the application installer leaving the old version installed. You will have to manually uninstall the old version.

2009-09-13 v0.1.0
    • Initial Release

Download
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gpfountz; 10/20/2009 at 07:33 PM. Reason: update v0.3.4
    Sounds great, but where is the app?? Its not in the Homebrew list either.

BTW, is there a way to just leave WiFi on, but still let the screen sleep? And also, can you set the reminder notifications to "never"?? Basically thats what Im looking for because I live in an area for spotty service, so leaving WiFi on would actually drain my battery slower than my data jumping around constantly from 1X to EV.
  3.    #3  
    Waiting for the app to approved - s/b here soon.

Yes, disabling sleep does not force the screen to stay lit - that is, the screen will turn off just like normal. And yes, the notifications are optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfountz View Post
    Waiting for the app to approved - s/b here soon.

Yes, disabling sleep does not force the screen to stay lit - that is, the screen will turn off just like normal. And yes, the notifications are optional.
    Super duper, man. This seems to be just what I was lookin for.
    BTW, does this app need to be running as a card? Meaning, is there a way to run it as a "headless app" or somehow hardcode it?? Thanks.
  6.    #6  
    Runs as a card for now. I will look at headless operation when I get some time.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    This is exactly whats needed.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Yea...this app is ok, but this feature should be built into the mytether program to keep from having to download multiple apps. Also, this app does not address being kicked off mytether when a call comes in...

solution...add this apps fuctionality to mytether and create a call blocker program....PLEASE!

Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing to make the Pre a Great wireless experience!!!
    Is there a way to keep the screen on? One example where this would be necessary would be if I run Google Maps I can't get the screen to stay lit while I'm following the map.

Thanks.
    cool keep us posted, what i wanted also, thanks!
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I can now connect to my Pre while the screen is off without it going to sleep. Thanks!

Suggestions:
    1. Have an option to leave the screen on.
    2. The notification only vibrates for me. I see your to do list has add vibration on it. Not sure if one of my many tweaks is the cause of that.
    3. Allow to pick a sound for notification or integrate a simple beep for notification sounds.
    I like the idea, but my screen still falls asleep whether on or off touchstone or whether an other app is or is not running. Am I doing something wrong? I have nodose running on card also.
    Hey,

just a suggestion... from the looks of the screenshot, you have your second row (when enabled) as class="palm-row first" or class="palm-row". You should change that to class="palm-row last" so that it gets rid of the line on the bottom and smooths it out.

14. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    nice idea! will it work to keep the GPS antenna active for programs like fittrack? currently it times out after 15min and the dev recommends to keep pandora or something else running to keep the GPS active
  15.    #15  
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I will look at each and see what I can do. I already know how to do each request except for keeping the screen lit; I will research this.

I don't know for sure if Nodoze will keep the GPS receiver active. Nodoze is making OS calls to tell the WebOS that this program is active so WebOS won't enter sleep mode. So, if Pandora works to keep the GPS active, I would think Nodoze would work too.
    I get the similar functionality by opening MyTether (donation version), putting it in WiFi mode, turning on the "disable screen timer" option, and leaving the tethering off (but leave the app open). Very useful for GPS, and for navigating music in my car.

It would be WAY cool to have Nodoze functionality and "disable screen timer" options in the menu with the "Airplane Mode", "WiFi On/Off", "Bluetooth On/Off" options.
    Thanks for the app! So have any of you noticed the bug with Pandora, when you pause the song and don't mess with your phone for a while till you notice your pockets on fire because your Pre is very hot and the battery is drained. Well this app fixes that! If you have this running in the background Pandora doesn't loose it's connection and go into its battery drain mode.

A suggestion for the app would be have an option to place the card into the tray, kinda how Brightness Unlinked does it. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    Is there a way to keep the screen on? One example where this would be necessary would be if I run Google Maps I can't get the screen to stay lit while I'm following the map.

Thanks.
    +1 I really need this option!!!
  19.    #19  
    Working on it. Should not be much longer.
    I really like this app. When playing media player or pandora while in the car on the charger I can keep the screen on. Very, Very Nice! Thanks!
    Do you have plans to run without card needing to be open? I see there is options for notifications, with card open this seems unnecessary unless I am missing something.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast