Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    hey gpfountz....uve done an absolutely amazing job with nodoze...my favotire feature is pretty much when u open it and it automatically starts working in the dashboard and then to exit it u just swipe away....it takes away the head ache of having to go in the actual card disabling it and then throwing the card away...u just open it in launcher and swipe it out to close...2 easy finger strokes and thats it...ur awesome!!!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

unstoppable is still a bit flaky.

knocks me off at times from WIFI to EVDO

(unchecking unstoppable seems to be more reliable)
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    unstoppable is still a bit flaky.

knocks me off at times from WIFI to EVDO

(unchecking unstoppable seems to be more reliable)
    OK- thanks for letting me know. I will keep working on the issues with Background and Unstoppable.
    thanks for such a useful program
    latest update seems to fix background and unstoppable.. Cool! Thanks

request: is there anyway to NOT have 'nodoze is enabled' show up?

I keep wifi on 24/7 and the dashboard is already visible enough, no need for a 'nodoze is enabled' sign which constantly shows up and gets mixed with texts and email messages
  6.    #86  
    latest update seems to fix background and unstoppable.. Cool! Thanks

request: is there anyway to NOT have 'nodoze is enabled' show up?

I keep wifi on 24/7 and the dashboard is already visible enough, no need for a 'nodoze is enabled' sign which constantly shows up and gets mixed with texts and email messages
    I am not sure what you are asking - do you want the dashboard to just be blank instead of saying 'nodoze is enabled'? Or are you seeing banner notifications every xx minutes (which can be disabled by disabling notifications in preferences). Or you are you saying you don't want to see the dashboard when the click the row of icons at the bottom of the screen. The latter I cannot do (or don't know how to do).
    1.3.1 broke the "unstoppable feature"

Can this be fixed?
  8.    #88  
    1.3.1 broke the "unstoppable feature"

Can this be fixed?
    I will take a look.
    thank you for being so proactive...use this program 24/7 to keep my wifi always on
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfountz View Post
    I will take a look.
    I am stumped. Looks like 1.3.1 no longer allows launching a new stage from the 'cleanup()' method. I cannot think of any other way to implement an unstoppable feature. Any ideas?
    Hmm, maybe 1.3.1 broke this. I am trying to sync a lot of data between Palm Desktop and Motion Apps Classic and I keep getting connection lost errors even with NoDoze running and enabled.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    This app in its current form is EXACTLY what i am looking for for touchstone screen always on. I was kludging with clocks as an alternative because I didn't quite understand the functionality of NoDoze. Where can I donate? this is a key app for me.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by eddard1 View Post
    This app in its current form is EXACTLY what i am looking for for touchstone screen always on. I was kludging with clocks as an alternative because I didn't quite understand the functionality of NoDoze. Where can I donate? this is a key app for me.
    At this time, I am not asking for donations. Mostly, I wrote NoDoze to scratch my own itch and to get some experience programming WebOS. Glad you find it meets your needs.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Is it possible to integrate a timer within the app that allows you to keep the screen active for a certain amount of time, after which the screen would sleep like normal?
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Is it possible to integrate a timer within the app that allows you to keep the screen active for a certain amount of time, after which the screen would sleep like normal?
    I could probably do something like that. What amount of time are you thinking about for an auto-off setting? Does 5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hr, 2 hr, sound right?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfountz View Post
    I could probably do something like that. What amount of time are you thinking about for an auto-off setting? Does 5 mins, 15 mins, 30 mins, 1 hr, 2 hr, sound right?
    That'd be great, thanks!
    Updated to 0.6.2 and am running into an issue. I open the app, the card starts loading then suddenly closes [flies off the screen]. There's no icon at the bottom of the screen telling me Nodoze is enabled or not enabled. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when my screen goes to sleep but like an insane person, I keep expecting different results despite not doing anything different.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilobytesprite View Post
    Updated to 0.6.2 and am running into an issue. I open the app, the card starts loading then suddenly closes [flies off the screen]. There's no icon at the bottom of the screen telling me Nodoze is enabled or not enabled. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised when my screen goes to sleep but like an insane person, I keep expecting different results despite not doing anything different.
    Same here. Deleted it and reinstalled it and then it worked. I'm guessing a cookie setting needed to be purged.

EDIT: Well, that worked the first time. The second time I ran it, it did the same thing and I had to delete/install it again. As long as you don't have "Background Enable" turned on it seems to work, but when you do it fails on subsequent launches.
    Last edited by monkeydog; 03/09/2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: On further review...
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

19.    #99  
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    Same here. Deleted it and reinstalled it and then it worked. I'm guessing a cookie setting needed to be purged.
    I seem to be struggling to get this right. Yes, if background is enabled, the first card is supposed to start the dashboard, then close itself. If you don't see the dashboard icon within a second or two, something went wrong. I made this change to accommodate 1.4's splash screen. I assume you are both using WebOS 1.4? I have been running it on my phone without any issues - but that does not help you.

I will look at putting in a delay before closing the first card when background is enabled to allow more time for the dashboard to start.
    Count me among those who are less than excited about Palm's new splash screen. (Yes, I'm running 1.4.)

I'm working on an app that uses both card and dashboard stages, and it got messed up by the new splash screen too. I added code in the handleLaunch method in AppAssistant that checks for the existence of either stage, and if it doesn't find them it pops a new card stage called "splash". That makes 1.4 happy while I go about gathering data and creating the dashboard stage. I added code to close the "splash" stage in the dashboard assistant, after the dashboard has been activated. It's ugly, but it works.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast