Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Kerek View Post
    Any chance to have a switch to have it no-doze when it's charging only? I'd like the screen to not lock.
    Nodoze does not prevent the screen from locking. And by default, the phone is 'active' the whole time it is charging; just as if Nodoze were already running.
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by solaimadhan View Post
    I am also working on an app that needs the device not to go into sleep mode (nothing related to GPS or Wi-Fi). I tried using power management service but seems like it is not working or may be I am not doing it right. I want the app to be running even after the screen is turned off. Can you please provide some pointers what I need to do or kind of psuedo-code?

Thanks very much
    M
    Yep - I am simply using the power service - nothing magical. Keep working on it, you will get it working.
  3.    #63  
    v 0.3.1 just uploaded. Should be available soon.

Has the new app icon (many thanks to Spunks3), the optional unstoppable background feature, fixed the 'activate' status on the dashboard and improved UI responsiveness when starting/stopping the the background dashboard.
    wut does background unstoppable do?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    wut does background unstoppable do?
    It is a setting in preferences - only available if background is enabled. When enabled and when you swipe the dashboard, instead of the app closing, it automatically restarts. This was a requested feature for the case where you want Nodoze to be always running.
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfountz View Post
    It is a setting in preferences - only available if background is enabled. When enabled and when you swipe the dashboard, instead of the app closing, it automatically restarts. This was a requested feature for the case where you want Nodoze to be always running.
    so even if you swipe away and the dashboard notification is gone...its still running?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    so even if you swipe away and the dashboard notification is gone...its still running?
    Not exactly, it just restarts. You swipe it away; it comes right back. Unstoppable.
    Mmmm, strange. I have it enabled, swiped it off to the right and it didn't restart....
  9.    #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by Compusmurf View Post
    Mmmm, strange. I have it enabled, swiped it off to the right and it didn't restart....
    Grrrr - looks like I have more work to do on this.
    lol, on the bright side, the ICON is cool, now it doesn't lie to you when it's "disabled" any longer and everything else works.

Ready for the rest of my really cool wish list? lol...

Run completely hidden and autostart with the phone. Ok, ok, I guess these aren't needed since the important part of the app is fully functional!!!

It's the 2nd most executed app on my phone. The other is "quick system tasks". Another one of those quick, handy taskbar tools that allows you to quick switch on/off all the radios, etc. Not sure if you know the author of that app, but he/she has it that if you swipe it off, it opens the card view and when you swipe off the card, it opens the taskbar "version". Maybe you 2 should compare notes.
  11.    #71  
    Found the stoppable unstoppable problem - after a bit of testing, I will upload again tonight.
  12.    #72  
    lol, on the bright side, the ICON is cool, now it doesn't lie to you when it's "disabled" any longer and everything else works.

Ready for the rest of my really cool wish list? lol...

Run completely hidden and autostart with the phone. Ok, ok, I guess these aren't needed since the important part of the app is fully functional!!!

It's the 2nd most executed app on my phone. The other is "quick system tasks". Another one of those quick, handy taskbar tools that allows you to quick switch on/off all the radios, etc. Not sure if you know the author of that app, but he/she has it that if you swipe it off, it opens the card view and when you swipe off the card, it opens the taskbar "version". Maybe you 2 should compare notes.
    I don't think Nodoze can run completely hidden. If all stages are closed, WebOS closes your program (from what I read). To simulate background operation, you would use an OS timer to wake up your app every so often. But, the purpose of Nodoze is to keep the system active and I don't think I can do that without any visible stages (card, dashboard, popup, etc).

I would like to see all the radio controls on the top right menu where WiFi, Bluetooth, and Airplane mode are now - adding Data Toggle, Roam Only, Phone radio to this same menu - I think that would make a nice patch.
    lol, I'm not a programmer, at least not since 1988. I wouldn't have any idea on what can/can't be done.

I'd love to see a patch like that, but barring one, the other app runs right along side yours in the task bar.

There IS a patch that adds Phone on/off and airplane mode on, but the other app allows you to switch on/off EV data, Wifi on/off, GPS on/off, BT on/off and a lower screen brightness button.

The same programmer is looking at setting up automated profiles based on time which would be the ULTIMATE resolution of manual pressing the buttons. click my work profile, it turns off phone data, WIFI on, GPS off, BT on, etc....

You all do awesome work! Your program is a must have in my opinion.
    Ok, the unstoppable works but now it isn't displaying anything. Before it was. I get a blank bar and when I click on it, it opens card view. Was this intentional? Guess you can tell I love to beta test things and find/point out cool bugs, eh?
  15.    #75  
    Ok, the unstoppable works but now it isn't displaying anything. Before it was. I get a blank bar and when I click on it, it opens card view. Was this intentional? Guess you can tell I love to beta test things and find/point out cool bugs, eh?
    Grrr I saw it do that once, but could never get it to repeat. I might have something to do with having multiple dashboards active - at least that was the only time I saw it. I am looking for a pattern so I can repeat it long enough to troubleshoot. Let me know if you see a pattern.
    PATTERN???? lol It's all I get. When you say multiple dashboards, I'm assuming you mean the other app I was referring to. Let me close it and try your app again.
    Yeah.... That is it. When I closed the other app, I now see your icon and words. now I'm going to restart the other app and see if it occurs again.

Ok, IF your app is open first, I see the words and icon. If your app is opened after the other one, it's blank.
  18.    #78  
    Yeah.... That is it. When I closed the other app, I now see your icon and words. now I'm going to restart the other app and see if it occurs again.

Ok, IF your app is open first, I see the words and icon. If your app is opened after the other one, it's blank.
    Ok. I think it only happens when unstoppable is enabled, in addition to being 2nd or more on the dashboard list. I have some ideas now where to look. Thanks.
    looks like the latest version is not working properly? I have background enabled, unstoppable checked and when I turn off my pre, 3 min later, my WIFI switched to EVDO..
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    looks like the latest version is not working properly? I have background enabled, unstoppable checked and when I turn off my pre, 3 min later, my WIFI switched to EVDO..
    The issues seemed to be centered around 'background unstoppable'.

I just uploaded v0.3.3 - hopefully to fix these 'background unstoppable' issues. It should be available soon.

Until version 0.3.3 is available, try disabling the 'unstoppable' option and see if it works properly.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast