Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I really like this app. When playing media player or pandora while in the car on the charger I can keep the screen on. Very, Very Nice! Thanks!
    Do you have plans to run without card needing to be open? I see there is options for notifications, with card open this seems unnecessary unless I am missing something.
  2.    #22  
    Yep - background operation will be next.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Thanks for the updates!
    Leaving screen on feature is the best.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Excellent! Can't wait for the background operation.

Just a thought but you might consider a stand alone app that simply prevents the screen from going to sleep and nothing else.. That function alone would justify its own app as I have no need to keep WiFi on in the background but I do want the screen functionality.

Thanks for your hard work!
    Last edited by Quintus; 09/20/2009 at 06:00 AM.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    Excellent! Can't wait for the background operation.

Just a thought but you might consider a stand alone app that simply prevents the screen from going to sleep and nothing else.. That function alone would justify its own app as I have no need to keep WiFi on in the background but I do want the screen functionality.

Thanks for your hard work!
    +1. All I'm looking for is to keep the screen on while my Pre is on the touchstone. I came to post asking for background operation and saw that on the todo list.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    +1. All I'm looking for is to keep the screen on while my Pre is on the touchstone. I came to post asking for background operation and saw that on the todo list.
    That's strange. My Pre always stays on while on the touchstone. It's been like that from the beginning. My problem is that the screen shuts off when I'm scrolling in e-reader while holding the Pre in my hand! This program solves it for me.

At the present time, without anything running in the background, my Pre is on the touchstone and my wallpaper switches every 5 minutes using Switcharoo. Works like a charm! The screen never turns off unless I push the power button. I don't think it has anything to do with Switcharoo because that program is set to change every 5 minutes and my screen is set to go off every 3 minutes.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    That's strange. My Pre always stays on while on the touchstone. It's been like that from the beginning. My problem is that the screen shuts off when I'm scrolling in e-reader while holding the Pre in my hand! This program solves it for me.

At the present time, without anything running in the background, my Pre is on the touchstone and my wallpaper switches every 5 minutes using Switcharoo. Works like a charm! The screen never turns off unless I push the power button. I don't think it has anything to do with Switcharoo because that program is set to change every 5 minutes and my screen is set to go off every 3 minutes.
    That is strange. But it's got to be Switcharoo. I've don't have it. It's got to be running some sort of timer in the background, maybe that's enough to keep it on.
    I have EAS support so I can use the PRE with my Office Outlook which causes the phone to lock VERY quickly and I have to enter my PW to unlock it. Will this app keep my phone unlocked?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I know I've suggested something like this before, but this app has SOOOOO much potential. Any way you can configure this app to:

(1) run in the background (I know you are on it)
    (2) have options to keep the screen on depending on which application is running? I'm thinking of a preference option which would list all of your apps and you could check mark those apps where you never want the screen to go off (i.e. Google Maps).

Thanks for your hard work!!!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I am just curious. I recently started using this app for the purpose of keeping the screen on when playing Pandora but I also decided to use it to keep wifi active when the screen turns of. I have heard that the wifi helps conserve battery over EVDO when your connection to Sprint isn't so great. However, I have done this a total of three times with nodoze running and several times without and what I have found is that with nodoze running my battery consistantly loses 50% over night versus 8% without nodoze running. Am I doing something wrong?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    I am just curious. I recently started using this app for the purpose of keeping the screen on when playing Pandora but I also decided to use it to keep wifi active when the screen turns of. I have heard that the wifi helps conserve battery over EVDO when your connection to Sprint isn't so great. However, I have done this a total of three times with nodoze running and several times without and what I have found is that with nodoze running my battery consistantly loses 50% over night versus 8% without nodoze running. Am I doing something wrong?
    Yes, you are. By leaving nodoz running overnight, you are forcing the Pre to maintain its wifi connection active for no reason. Although wifi drains less battery power than EVDO, leaving the wifi connection running overnight will also drain your battery. The EVDO connection is not draining your battery overnight if your phone is not doing anything.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Yes, you are. By leaving nodoz running overnight, you are forcing the Pre to maintain its wifi connection active for no reason. Although wifi drains less battery power than EVDO, leaving the wifi connection running overnight will also drain your battery. The EVDO connection is not draining your battery overnight if your phone is not doing anything.
    Well this makes sense but at the same time it doesn't. Everyone claims that EVDO drains the battery and that Wifi is a savior. But my Pre is no different then anyone else in that when the screen turns off, so does your wifi. The only other way to change this is to set the pre to keep the screen on which then drains the battery even quicker and defeats the purpose. Some will plug in the charger and again defeating the purpose since it will keep charge.

So if the above is true for everyone, how do people claim that wifi drains less battery. An active connection either by EVDO or wifi would kill the battery quickly regardless and most of the claims I am seeing are standby claims. EVDO is the only thing that will function when the screen turns off. nodoze is the only way to let the screen turn off and still keep wifi active. I even turned off data. What else would still be running that drains the battery so bad?
    no longer works with 1.2 update.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hiyo View Post
    As far as the screen staying on, it still works for me!
  15.    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by hiyo View Post
    Details please. I am not aware of an 1.2 issues.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    It works fine for me too.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gpfountz View Post
    Details please. I am not aware of an 1.2 issues.
    Works fine in 1.2 for me.
    Sorry it does work. Didn't realize that you had to turn "screen always on" option in preferences menu. Assumed that "activate" option was all that was needed to be turned on.
    hey gpfountz when ru gonna have an update that will make it work in the background or be on the bottom tray? thanks!
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey gpfountz when ru gonna have an update that will make it work in the background or be on the bottom tray? thanks!
    I am working on it. I have to refactor to become a multi-stage application. Not too bad and I am making progress. Probably a week or so before I am done - just been busy with other activities lately.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast