Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    MyQ is a full featured Netflix queue manager. It allows you to add/move/remove items in your Disc and Instant queue as well as search for new titles and rate titles.

New version 0.4.0 (Sep 20)
    - added new releases and top charts
    - bug fixes and performance work

Now available from the Palm App Catalog or from Homebrew (not all features will be available from Homebrew)

This application is available for free on Homebrew forever - it will also be available for pay on the app catalog at a later time. Homebrew will be used to test updates and fixes.

Features:
    • Add/Move/Remove titles in Disc and Instant queue
    • Rate titles (star rating or not interested)
    • Search the netflix catalog
    • Recommendations (aka Movies you'll love)
    • Saved queue titles
    • New Releases (uncatagorized for now)
    • Top Charts

What isn't available but is on the plate:
    • Reviews
    • Similar titles
    • Better actor links
    Last edited by mosdl; 10/29/2009 at 01:22 PM.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Is it being reviewed by mods right now?

I saw the screenshots, and it looks better than QuickQue IMHO.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Yes, being reviewed by mods - download link added as well. Had about 10 early testers to get the kinks out of the system.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Cool, thanks for the link

I love Netflix, and being able to manage the que on the Pre is great. I also look up ratings periodically, but I can't find them on QuickQue :/

Great job on the app

Also, does this app stop working after it is released into the catalog?
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I plan on keeping the app for free in Homebrew as a testing ground for new fixes/features when it makes it into the catalog (which will be for pay most likely).
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    I remember there was an RSS feed for Watch Instnatly additions. Don't have a link to it ATM though.
    This is a great app man, like the look and feel of it much better then QuickQueue. Also seems to work very quickly.
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    I remember there was an RSS feed for Watch Instnatly additions. Don't have a link to it ATM though.
    Netflix rss feeds - sadly they are not personalized per user and netflix is working on a real api for this (same api XBox/Roku use). Plus you can't search new releases, which is what most people want.

I'll probably end up using the rss feeds and perhaps running a search server myself. Seems people really want that. Of course that also requires finding a place in the UI for it.
    Last edited by mosdl; 09/13/2009 at 05:56 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    0.2.1 released to fix an authentication issue - 0.2.0 always asked to authenticate during start. Oops.
    YES! I am a movie fanatic, and have the Netflix integration on my Xbox 360. Being able to manage my queue on the go from my Pre now is AWESOME! I'll definitely pay for this, Thank you!

Wait... can I add movies to my instant queue directly form this app? I see that searching is capable in this app, but it isn't in the Xbox 360 application. Searching is a plus, but being able to add a new movie right to my instant queue to watch it instantly is icing on the cake... Installing now.
    Last edited by dellibedaboss; 09/13/2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Add more info
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Next feature to add: The ability to WATCH movies on the pre.

Seriously, how awesome would it be if something like the ZuneHD could stream netflix. You just connect it to your TV and you can watch instantly in 720p. I give it 18 months before something like this comes into existence.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    dellibedaboss:

Yes, once you find your title and click on it, it will show you the availability (dvd, bluray and instant). You can click manage and then add it to the instant queue, and it will be available on your 360 or any other Netflix enabled device.

Netflix is working on a way to add availability directly into the search listings so hopefully sooner rather than later search results will have the instant availability in them.

drizek:

Video playback is a majorly tricky issue. I see a major issue with sprint/verizon/att offering on demand video playback and not wanting others to offer that via apps. Given the MS/Netflix love, I wouldn't be surprised if the Zune added that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    dellibedaboss:

Yes, once you find your title and click on it, it will show you the availability (dvd, bluray and instant). You can click manage and then add it to the instant queue, and it will be available on your 360 or any other Netflix enabled device.

Netflix is working on a way to add availability directly into the search listings so hopefully sooner rather than later search results will have the instant availability in them.

drizek:

Video playback is a majorly tricky issue. I see a major issue with sprint/verizon/att offering on demand video playback and not wanting others to offer that via apps. Given the MS/Netflix love, I wouldn't be surprised if the Zune added that.
    Microsoft will prob integrate it into the zune with netflix, since they signed the exclusive deal with the xbox360
    Okay so yea, you can search and add/remove movies to the disc and instant queues right from your phone. Removing a title from the instant queue is a little laggy tho, as the processing circle just keeps rotating, and kinda locks up the app. I can hit "Add to Queue" to bring up the "Cancel" option also.

With the little space to the left of the titles in search results, you could add some enhancement buy showing if the movie is available for dvd and streaming options, as I'd really like to know if I will have to wait for it in the mail, or be able to watch it in minutes right then and there. Just a suggestion. Again Great app. Thanks a bunch, I feel that it's quite feature complete as is, this is wonderful....but don't stop there man =)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dellibedaboss View Post
    Okay so yea, you can search and add/remove movies to the disc and instant queues right from your phone. Removing a title from the instant queue is a little laggy tho, as the processing circle just keeps rotating, and kinda locks up the app. I can hit "Add to Queue" to bring up the "Cancel" option also.

With the little space to the left of the titles in search results, you could add some enhancement buy showing if the movie is available for dvd and streaming options, as I'd really like to know if I will have to wait for it in the mail, or be able to watch it in minutes right then and there. Just a suggestion. Again Great app. Thanks a bunch, I feel that it's quite feature complete as is, this is wonderful....but don't stop there man =)
    You can delete the item in the queue view by swiping at the entry. Right now the ui will disable until the response from netflix is returned - I could make it not wait probably.

As for showing if an item is available for watch instant in queue view - like I mentioned before, Netflix doesn't support that right now but is working on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    You can delete the item in the queue view by swiping at the entry. Right now the ui will disable until the response from netflix is returned - I could make it not wait probably.

As for showing if an item is available for watch instant in queue view - like I mentioned before, Netflix doesn't support that right now but is working on it.
    I didn't see your reply before posting my followup, but thanks for the info.

@ JDMCivic and drizek: Yes, that integration will be coming soon for the Zune/360/Windows ecosystem. I know they will be adding a Video Marketplace and renaming it to Zune and you will be able to purchase (or use free) content across all platforms, among other integrat I'm not sure about the Netflix tho; let's hope. I'll be getting a ZuneHD anyways though. Rumors of a Zune app in the future for webOS, we'll have to wait and see...
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I basically blew through the first screen when installing (pushed lowest button on screen- I know stupid) and now application just keeps trying to authenticate and keeps failing - infinite loop. Basically I guess I did not do a proper setup. Removed application and re-installed, but still getting fail authentication loop- never got back to first screen.

help
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dellibedaboss View Post
    I didn't see your reply before posting my followup, but thanks for the info.

@ JDMCivic and drizek: Yes, that integration will be coming soon for the Zune/360/Windows ecosystem. I know they will be adding a Video Marketplace and renaming it to Zune and you will be able to purchase (or use free) content across all platforms, among other integrat I'm not sure about the Netflix tho; let's hope. I'll be getting a ZuneHD anyways though. Rumors of a Zune app in the future for webOS, we'll have to wait and see...
    I SERIOUSLY doubt MS will build an app for a linux smartphone. They have been arch rivals with palm for well over a decade in the mobile space.
    Quote Originally Posted by terryman View Post
    I basically blew through the first screen when installing (pushed lowest button on screen- I know stupid) and now application just keeps trying to authenticate and keeps failing - infinite loop. Basically I guess I did not do a proper setup. Removed application and re-installed, but still getting fail authentication loop- never got back to first screen.

help
    I'm having the same problem. Have erased and reinstalled and am pretty sure that I'm following the directions correctly, but still leads to an infinite loop of errors.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Add me to the Infinite loop of errors problem too.
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast