Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I was just wondering, could you include an option where we could change the background of the app? Quick Contacts offers that option, just white gets boring quickly! lol
    Do you mean like add an item in the apps options to pick a background like how you pick the wallpaper on the device?
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Do you mean like add an item in the apps options to pick a background like how you pick the wallpaper on the device?
    Yep exactly! Just to spice things up! When I first tried Quick Contacts, I was happy to see that you could use any wallpaper as the backdrop for the app. We all like customizing, and while I love the functionality of MyQ, the white background is just boring. I almost bought the competing product because everything was Netflix red there! lol
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If you are running into authentication issues - workaround has been submitted to the Palm Catalog. Seems to be running into a webkit issue, might be 1.3.1 related.

Temp fix - try logging into netflix.com from your Palm browser, then try authenticating in the app.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    If you are running into authentication issues - workaround has been submitted to the Palm Catalog. Seems to be running into a webkit issue, might be 1.3.1 related.

Temp fix - try logging into netflix.com from your Palm browser, then try authenticating in the app.
    I don't have any issues in that regard, I do have one question though, when I add a new movie to my DVD/BluRay queue, it tells me that the movie is already in my queue or not available. It does add it properly to the queue, but I am just wondering why I get that message instead of a approval message or maybe a message asking if I want the disk in dvd or blu ray flavor if both of them are available.

Also, I noticed that the instant release list in your app is a little behind the one that's on my xbox 360, do you get your data from a different place compared to the 360?

Otherwise...great app!
    Is it possible to get more details in the detail view for titles. Recently I have been finding I like to check the cast in a movie to see other titles they are in etc. To which it is natural to want to do this in myQ except the info isn't listed. I'm thinking that it would be nice to have the cast and director lists in the title details and click to bring up a list of other titles like clicking on one of them on the netflix site. In fact I think it would be great if we could access all the details you can view on a titles page on netflix site. Featured in top 10 lists and reviews don't matter to me though reviews could be made a button option click to read reviews and list them the way the netflix site does. Would it also be possible to have the rating stats: average of X people rating in lists and title details and show what we rated movies in the lists.
    Is it possible to get more details in the detail view for titles. Recently I have been finding I like to check the cast in a movie to see other titles they are in etc. To which it is natural to want to do this in myQ except the info isn't listed. I'm thinking that it would be nice to have the cast and director lists in the title details and click to bring up a list of other titles like clicking on one of them on the netflix site. In fact I think it would be great if we could access all the details you can view on a titles page on netflix site. Featured in top 10 lists and reviews don't matter to me though reviews could be made a button option click to read reviews and list them the way the netflix site does. Would it also be possible to have the rating stats: average of X people rating in lists and title details and show what we rated movies in the lists.
    I bought MyQ in the App catalog, and the version that I have, shows the cast in blue. When you click on the names, it will give you a Biography if available, and also a Filmography showing all the movies they were in. Do you have another version maybe?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    He probably wants the entire cast list, not just the ones in the description. That is being worked on - a second button at the bottom most likely with choices such as cast, similar titles, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I don't have any issues in that regard, I do have one question though, when I add a new movie to my DVD/BluRay queue, it tells me that the movie is already in my queue or not available. It does add it properly to the queue, but I am just wondering why I get that message instead of a approval message or maybe a message asking if I want the disk in dvd or blu ray flavor if both of them are available.

Also, I noticed that the instant release list in your app is a little behind the one that's on my xbox 360, do you get your data from a different place compared to the 360?

Otherwise...great app!
    Regarding the first issue - the dialog is updated once you add the title successfully - so it tells you its in your queue (the wording needs work I agree) and allows you to move it to the top or remove it.

As for instant releases - Netflix updates its public data in batches,not on the fly. Only netflix partners get that. I am working on producing my own list,which is still a work in progress.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    I am reading this thread and it seems others can get it to work....

The app will not even link to my Netflix account.

I have tried multiple times and sometimes got to a point where it said it authenticated and was waiting to redirect but never did.

I'm sorry I paid money for this now. Is there a method to get a refund from the app store?

Eileen

this workaround does not work...
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenak View Post
    I am reading this thread and it seems others can get it to work....

The app will not even link to my Netflix account.

I have tried multiple times and sometimes got to a point where it said it authenticated and was waiting to redirect but never did.

I'm sorry I paid money for this now. Is there a method to get a refund from the app store?

Eileen
    Are you logging into Netflix each time during the authentication step? Or is it showing you as logged in and asking you to press the button? It will fail if you have to log in during the authentication step. You can contact me directly at support@nexapps.net
    Not sure if this is possible, but it would be nice if New Releases were sortable or filterable by the year that the movie was released.

Basically, I don't care that "My Little Pony", originally released in 1979 just hit the Netflix catalog, but I am interested in the fact that Transformers 2: Revenge of the Fallen" released in 2009, just hit the catalog.

Great App. Really like the clean design and function.
    He probably wants the entire cast list, not just the ones in the description. That is being worked on - a second button at the bottom most likely with choices such as cast, similar titles, etc.
    Yep this is exactly what I was thinking. A button at the bottom to allow us to view additional info cast feature details etc found on a titles page on the neflix site not currently in the app.
    sounds like a great app
    MyQ is a full featured Netflix queue manager. It allows you to add/move/remove items in your Disc and Instant queue as well as search for new titles and rate titles.

New version 0.4.0 (Sep 20)
    - added new releases and top charts
    - bug fixes and performance work

Now available from the Palm App Catalog or from Homebrew (not all features will be available from Homebrew)

This application is available for free on Homebrew forever - it will also be available for pay on the app catalog at a later time. Homebrew will be used to test updates and fixes.

Features:
    • Add/Move/Remove titles in Disc and Instant queue
    • Rate titles (star rating or not interested)
    • Search the netflix catalog
    • Recommendations (aka Movies you'll love)
    • Saved queue titles
    • New Releases (uncatagorized for now)
    • Top Charts

What isn't available but is on the plate:
    • Reviews
    • Similar titles
    • Better actor links
    I paid $3 for MyQ For Netflix after it was released to the app catalog. It never worked on my Prewith 1.3.1. Gets hung up saying "activate Javascript". Deleted it & am down my 3 bucks. Anyone know why it does not work for me?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    0.5.1 was approved for the App Catalog today, it fixes the authentication regression 1.3.1 caused (webkit is an annoying browser).
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Homebrew version now has working authentication, slowly becoming the "free" version (admob ads right now). The upcoming instant/disc browsing functionality will not be in the free version.
    Homebrew version now has working authentication, slowly becoming the "free" version (admob ads right now). The upcoming instant/disc browsing functionality will not be in the free version.
    When that version is available can you provide details of what the unique to paid version features are. In all likelihood if those features will be useful to me I'll go with the paid version. I assume other than bug fixes and the add banner there are no changes with the latest version?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    When that version is available can you provide details of what the unique to paid version features are. In all likelihood if those features will be useful to me I'll go with the paid version. I assume other than bug fixes and the add banner there are no changes with the latest version?
    Right now there is no difference other than the ads. I'll post here once the pay-only features land in the catalog. These features require my own server to serve data, hence the reason they are pay only.
    Right now when I add a movie to my queue it automatically chooses blueray. This is because my Netflix settings default to blueray. Sometimes though, I want to rent it as a DVD. Is there a way to tell MyQ to add the DVD version to the queue rather than the blueray version?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I'm looking for some testers for MyQ's latest feature - genre browsing of titles (new releases as well as the entire catalog). The build will be time limited (ends end of this month) and is mainly to see how the performance is (as this requires my own hardware vs just calling Netflix). Please PM me and I will respond with the ipk location.
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast