Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Sadly the Netflix API does not provide that data. There have been requests for it on the API forums though, so perhaps sooner rather than later.
    Is there a list of what data is provided? I had some thoughts on more info to be provided so if I have a list I can check it may same some time and effort of listing them if it isn't possible at this time. When looking at title lists like our queue or a list of search results is it possible to have a little icon to represent available for IW. Often times my disc queue contains titles added to IW after the fact so it is nice to see if it is available for IW without having to click for title details.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Checking instant watch is expensive and would double the time to get the data from Netflix. Netflix is working on making this much more efficient, but there is no ETA on when that will drop.

However the next release will allow more complex searches (titles, actors, bluray, and watch now).
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Does the Netflix API allow access to control which subaccounts will receive DVDs?
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuns View Post
    Does the Netflix API allow access to control which subaccounts will receive DVDs?
    I agree. I am on my wife's account as a sub-account and it would be very helpful to be able to manage both.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Profile accounts are on my list of todos - sadly you'll have to authenticate each profile account with it's email/password combo in the app once.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Looks like my hack for Latest releases isn't working right now, looking into it.
    Checking instant watch is expensive and would double the time to get the data from Netflix. Netflix is working on making this much more efficient, but there is no ETA on when that will drop.

However the next release will allow more complex searches (titles, actors, bluray, and watch now).
    I'm not sure if this was a reply to my post (quoted below) but if it was I'm going to clarify what I was asking. When looking at my DVD queue there is a little DVD symbol. When looking at a titles details it will indicate available on DVD and IW. I would like to see it show an IW icon in the DVD queue so I know a title is in IW so I can avoid them being at or near the top when managing or referencing my queue on the go. Now as far as general searches goes if it is that big of a deal for increased search time can we make a search options section in the preferences and allow us to turn on/off options to also search IW when searching titles? Then do the search how you do it now but show icons for DVD, IW based on if they are available in that format. You could offer options for BR etc as well. Or is this how you are already working it for the next release?

Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Is there a list of what data is provided? I had some thoughts on more info to be provided so if I have a list I can check it may same some time and effort of listing them if it isn't possible at this time. When looking at title lists like our queue or a list of search results is it possible to have a little icon to represent available for IW. Often times my disc queue contains titles added to IW after the fact so it is nice to see if it is available for IW without having to click for title details.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    StoneRyno: yes, those answers were for you. The problem is that right now the app has to be careful about how often we call Netflix as each user has a limit of requests per 24 hours. Getting instant data is separate from bluray/dvd. Like I said, Netflix is working on making this work much better, but not sure when.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    StoneRyno: well, looks like last week Netflix added some of their new stuff without announcing it. So here is what I have now: http://nexapps.net/temp/test.png. Will also apply to recommendations

Should be part of the next homebrew release, right now busy with some bug fixes for the app catalog
    Last edited by mosdl; 11/08/2009 at 06:49 PM.
    StoneRyno: well, looks like last week Netflix added some of their new stuff without announcing it. So here is what I have now: http://nexapps.net/temp/test.png. Will also apply to recommendations

Should be part of the next homebrew release, right now busy with some bug fixes for the app catalog
    Cool beans I look forward to checking it out.
    So it's gonna be a while before it will show the Top Releases and what's available on Instant Queue? Is this something Netflix has to fix, or does Netflix not like what your app is asking for?

Either way, it'd be great if it worked again, because that feature is the main reason why I bought your Program in the App Catalog over the other Netflix app.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    So it's gonna be a while before it will show the Top Releases and what's available on Instant Queue? Is this something Netflix has to fix, or does Netflix not like what your app is asking for?

Either way, it'd be great if it worked again, because that feature is the main reason why I bought your Program in the App Catalog over the other Netflix app.
    Your instant queue should already work - it's new releases and top 100 that is having problems. And a fix for both is submitted to Palm for approval
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Profile accounts are on my list of todos - sadly you'll have to authenticate each profile account with it's email/password combo in the app once.
    If this was an answer to my question, then maybe I was vague. I know that it's possible to authenticate with the individual accounts as you suggest, but this doesn't help me. I want to be able to re-allocate who gets the DVDs on the subscription. Let's say I get the 2-DVDs-at-a-time subscription, but have one account and three subaccounts. This means that two accounts at any one time can get one DVD each. (Or one account can have 2 DVDs at a time.)

In account settings (I think under "manage subaccounts") I can allocate my total number of DVDs amongst the subaccounts, including the main account.

It's a bit of a pain to do this, the way the account management is set up. If it were possible to do this within MyQ, it would be awesome.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If this was an answer to my question, then maybe I was vague. I know that it's possible to authenticate with the individual accounts as you suggest, but this doesn't help me. I want to be able to re-allocate who gets the DVDs on the subscription. Let's say I get the 2-DVDs-at-a-time subscription, but have one account and three subaccounts. This means that two accounts at any one time can get one DVD each. (Or one account can have 2 DVDs at a time.)

In account settings (I think under "manage subaccounts") I can allocate my total number of DVDs amongst the subaccounts, including the main account.

It's a bit of a pain to do this, the way the account management is set up. If it were possible to do this within MyQ, it would be awesome.
    The only thing the application can do is add an dvd to an account. So once this is implemented you would have to switch accounts in the application and then manage the dvds separate for each account.

The idea would be you can switch to accounts on the fly through some accounts panel in the application and then manage the individual account's queues.

If I understand you, you would like from one account to assign dvds to the other accounts?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    If I understand you, you would like from one account to assign dvds to the other accounts?
    No. I have one NetFlix account with three subaccounts. I pay for the 2-DVDs-at-a-time version. With four accounts, but only 2 DVDs at a time, not all accounts will get a DVD at a time. The only way to manage this is to explicitly assign, for my 2 DVD's at a time, which subaccounts (or the main account) get how many DVDs at a time.

With the standard web interface in Netflix, I think under subaccount management, I edit some setting to say how many DVDs each subaccount can have a at a time, from 0 to 2. The total can add up to 2. I typically have two subaccounts each receiving one DVD at a time, and one subaccount receiving zero DVDs at a time, and the main account receiving zero DVDs at a time. (Thus adding up to the 2-at-a-time that I'm paying for.) Then after a few weeks, I switch it so the main account and the other subaccount each get one at a time, and the other two subaccounts now get zero-at-a-time.

Does this make sense? I don't know how to describe this cleanly.
    Your instant queue should already work - it's new releases and top 100 that is having problems. And a fix for both is submitted to Palm for approval
    Sweet! Everything works again! Good job! Thank you!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    No. I have one NetFlix account with three subaccounts. I pay for the 2-DVDs-at-a-time version. With four accounts, but only 2 DVDs at a time, not all accounts will get a DVD at a time. The only way to manage this is to explicitly assign, for my 2 DVD's at a time, which subaccounts (or the main account) get how many DVDs at a time.

With the standard web interface in Netflix, I think under subaccount management, I edit some setting to say how many DVDs each subaccount can have a at a time, from 0 to 2. The total can add up to 2. I typically have two subaccounts each receiving one DVD at a time, and one subaccount receiving zero DVDs at a time, and the main account receiving zero DVDs at a time. (Thus adding up to the 2-at-a-time that I'm paying for.) Then after a few weeks, I switch it so the main account and the other subaccount each get one at a time, and the other two subaccounts now get zero-at-a-time.

Does this make sense? I don't know how to describe this cleanly.
    The app won't be able to change those settings as that isn't exposed by Netflix.
    Good Evening.

I bought this app from the app catalog after installing the 1.3 OS update. I get the screen telling me that i have successfully linked myQ to my netflix account and to please wait while they redirect me. It then hangs there for 10 minutes. I get tired of waiting and close the app.

Has something happened or am I just too impatient??

Thank You!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ams12277 View Post
    Good Evening.

I bought this app from the app catalog after installing the 1.3 OS update. I get the screen telling me that i have successfully linked myQ to my netflix account and to please wait while they redirect me. It then hangs there for 10 minutes. I get tired of waiting and close the app.

Has something happened or am I just too impatient??

Thank You!
    Yeah, something seems to be off with Netflix's authentication page today, getting several reports of this happening. Please try again tomorrow and see if it's fixed. I'll check with Netflix tomorrow as well. They had the same issue last week.
    I was just wondering, could you include an option where we could change the background of the app? Quick Contacts offers that option, just white gets boring quickly! lol
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast