Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    mosdl, you created a great program, full of features, i love it. but i can't overlook one little thing - please correct your spelling. category is spelled through E not A (catagory).

thanks
    This is pathetic, Palm still has not released the fixed version of MyQ. I'm beginning to wonder if the running of the App Catalog should be in their hands at all. Maybe they should turn it over to Homebrew.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I've been using this since day one and I absolutely love this app. I was excited to see it hit the App Catalog and planned on buying it once it was available. I was a little shocked to see it at $3 but I know it's a good app so I wouldn't mind spending the money. However, a lot of reports of bugs in the App Catalog version made me hold off. And now it seems that Palm is taking their sweet time rolling out updates. They should at least be focusing on bug fixing updates like in this situation. Maybe I will be more inclined to finally fork over the cash once you get closer to 1.0.0, but rest assured you deserve all the profit you can make from this. I regret that you have a low score on the Catalog due to first release bug issues.
    Ditto--love this app. I will definitely purchase from the app store once the bugfix is posted there.
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    The past few updates are bug fixes, no new features.

New releases - the RSS feed Netflix publishes is updates every few weeks, not live.

The difference between paid and catalog will be that the paid version will use my own server to produce new release data which can be sorted by categories and be updated daily (work in progress, isn't in the catalog version yet as I've been fighting all the bad luck the app is having)
    Thanks for the info. Being a regular beta tester even if there are just bug fixes I look for change logs so I can know if i seen a bug and it was "fixed" I can focus attention to other things or if I continue to see a bug after it has been "fixed" I can report and scrutinize the bug further to help track down things.

Will this server to produce new release data mean that the paid app will show live or near live new releases? Currently I use the websites new release page: Netflix: Rent as many movies as you want for only $8.99 a month! Free Trial checking it every 5 days. I'm assuming that page is updated live or near live so if i were to check it daily or even more than once a day I would see new releases not previously listed. However there have been a few times I had no access to a PC and wanted to check new releases.

Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    This is pathetic, Palm still has not released the fixed version of MyQ. I'm beginning to wonder if the running of the App Catalog should be in their hands at all. Maybe they should turn it over to Homebrew.

Rob
    The transition to the new process seems to be slowing up the old process or they are swamped and need more staff to handle the volume of apps. Unless I'm mistaken they said they were going to streamline the approval process to get the apps in the hands of the users quicker. One such method is the link to your app. I'm assuming even if one is placing an app in the catalog they will get a link to their app right away to offer it right away while it goes through the approval process. I'm not sure exactly how that will work but i see this as a way to get updates out to existing customers right away while the app goes through the process of getting updated in the catalog.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The problem of approval is unclear - they don't have a simple way of saying "this update is important as the application no longer works" and having it fast tracked.

As for the new releases updates - I've gotten the server setup now with all Netflix items cataloged. Netflix updates their catalog index once a day, so each night my index will be updated and the app will be able to show new instant releases as close as possible to real time.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    The problem of approval is unclear - they don't have a simple way of saying "this update is important as the application no longer works" and having it fast tracked.
    You might want to check with grepper, who wrote FriendsFlow. He had a similar situation where (in his case) Facebook changed something just as his item went live in the catalog.

He asked them to remove it from the catalog, which happened quickly. He made his fix and, within a short period of time (a couple of days), the fixed version was online.

So, it looks like there is a way to fast track these small fixes.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    My handler said she would take care of it, but no response from her the past few days.

Btw, Netflix is broke, you can't authenticate new users to allow MyQ (or any app) to access your account.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    My handler said she would take care of it, but no response from her the past few days.

Btw, Netflix is broke, you can't authenticate new users to allow MyQ (or any app) to access your account.
    Which is why the QQ author has been mocking you for choosing that method of authentication. And charging a buck more than him.

Bah! I say. I like you app better.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I just tried QQ - it ain't working as well today.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The auth issue for homebrew is now gone, netflix fixed the issue
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    0.4.8 is now on the App Catalog finally. Only took a week to get approved!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    The update seems to have taken care of the authorization issue as well as not being able to update. App works great now.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    After the update MyQ accessed my account without any problems!
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    How did you guys update? App Catalog or Updates? Someone reported he is being asked to pay for the update.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    How did you guys update? App Catalog or Updates? Someone reported he is being asked to pay for the update.
    I went through the app catalog. Didn't ask me to pay.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Looks like removing the app and trying to update is the problem here.
    Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    I went throught the app catalog and updated. I did not remove the old one first.
    Sam Martin - Paris,TX
    Palm Pre(v.1.4.1.1) - Sprint - Standard Battery - Touchstone -Motorola HT 820 - Motorokr S9-HD - Jabra BT8040 - Jabra BT530 - Jawbone Icon - Jabra Cruiser Bluetooth Speakerphone
    Question...is it possible to add whether or not movies have subtitles? I have hearing loss and I'll only rent movies that have English subtitles, otherwise I have difficulty hearing the dialog.

The regular Netflix site usually lists subtitles in it's description of the movies.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Question...is it possible to add whether or not movies have subtitles? I have hearing loss and I'll only rent movies that have English subtitles, otherwise I have difficulty hearing the dialog.

The regular Netflix site usually lists subtitles in it's description of the movies.

Thanks!
    Sadly the Netflix API does not provide that data. There have been requests for it on the API forums though, so perhaps sooner rather than later.