Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    I'm willing to purchase MyQ for Netflix from the Palm App Catalog, I believe I did do a paypal to you but I am willing to spend the money to test it out.

I'll try it and let you know.

I have to delete the Homebrew first from what I understand.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    No need to delete homebrew - it uses a different id
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    OK I deleted MyQ for Netflix from my Pre. I had to finally give in and add the Fair Dinken (whatever it's called) patch to allow more apps to be installed. I hit the limit yesterday.

I also deleted from Netflix itself my authorization for MyQ for Netflix, so I can test this out from scratch.

I am going to purchase and download the app now from the App Catalog.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

OK there is a problem! When I first launched MYQ, I had to do the Authentication thing, I expected that.

It all went perfect.

Then I quit out of MyQ and then relaunched it and low and behold, I got the problem of getting the original authentication screen.

I just checked and from Netflix itself, it does show as it being part of my authorized connection sites.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Damn, lemme get a fix up
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Yup, I've tried it over and over again. Still no luck with being able to hold onto the settings. It seems to just go straight to the authentication window.

OK, I guess I am hosed for a while until you fix this.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Good luck with getting a update in Palm's Catalog. They don't seem to be able to get it done very quickly from what I've seen. I'm waiting for something else to hit and it's over a week from the update being submitted.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

I wonder if this has anything to do with my installing the Fair Dink patch?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Nope, others are reporting this. I think I can get a fix pushed fast though.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I can't add movies to my Queue anymore. I'm using the homebrew app. did you turn off this feature in the hombrew version?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    No, MyQ is broken for some reason (Netflix change perhaps). I am working on getting the App Catalog working first since they paid for it. Once that is done I'll release a homebrew update.
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    ya I just realized this was in the app catalog. Only problem is my homebrew version hasn't been working, whenever I hit add to queue, it sits there making circles forever and won't add anymore. This is either broke because there is a paid version or broke altogether. I don't want to pay for a broke program.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The fixed App Catalog version should hopefully get pushed Monday or latest Tuesday depending on Palm's approval process.
    Do you have a fix for the Homebrew version, this way I can use that until Palm gets it up on their end.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    0.4.7 uploaded to homebrew to fix the issue
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I've been using the homebrew version for a few months and love it. I'll be purchasing the app catalog version soon. I'm wondering though: the "new releases" on the Netflix site are different than the ones in the app. I'm not talking about the lack of updates, I'm talking about movies I've never heard of showing up. Is there a specific list where you pull this info?

Great app!!
    Where are the change logs for the updates? Also what is the difference between the MyQ in the app catalog and the one in the homebrew?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    What would make this head and shoulders above the rest would be tools to manage a household's NetFlix accounts, including the ability to reassign the DVDs to different subaccounts. I don't know if the API allows such access, but if so, it would be an incredibly useful addition. I'm not willing to pay for each person in my household to have 1 DVD all at the same time, which means I need to periodically and regularly adjust who gets DVDs next.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneRyno View Post
    Where are the change logs for the updates? Also what is the difference between the MyQ in the app catalog and the one in the homebrew?
    Ditto! I haven't used the actual netflix site until today since MyQ wasn't working...made me realize just how great this app is!!!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The past few updates are bug fixes, no new features.

New releases - the RSS feed Netflix publishes is updates every few weeks, not live.

The difference between paid and catalog will be that the paid version will use my own server to produce new release data which can be sorted by categories and be updated daily (work in progress, isn't in the catalog version yet as I've been fighting all the bad luck the app is having)
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast