Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by draconus View Post
    Second. I am also receiving this error when going to the link given when trying to activate.
    Thirding
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Looks like Netflix is having issues (Netflix API Forums) - they are actively working on it.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    For those of us getting the authentication error: have you ever authenticated before? I had MyQ installed previously but today I did a WebOS Doctor restore. Ever since, I have been unable to authenticate. Just throwing that out as a data point in case the problem lies with re-authenticating an account.

Ok on preview the problem is on Netflix's side. Thanks mosdl.
    Last edited by SoyleMycelf; 10/01/2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: My theory was bunk.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Looks like it is back up - albeit slow right now
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    i got netflix and now have this app loaded up. i had no problems. i really like all aspects of this app - the look and feel, the functionality, and the ease of use. i like better then the other netflix app (not to say anything bad about anyone or their work but just my preference). i hope this app hits the app store i would gladly pay for it. if the developer wants any specific feedback i would be glad to provide. i'm just an average user and frequent movie watcher. i just got the app today and will be using it extensively so i will definitely have feedback.
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    One thing that would be nice, unless I missed it, both my wife and I have queues under the same account. MyQ just seems to show one of the queues, and I haven't found a way to switch between them. If it isn't in there, it would be a handy feature.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    One thing that would be nice, unless I missed it, both my wife and I have queues under the same account. MyQ just seems to show one of the queues, and I haven't found a way to switch between them. If it isn't in there, it would be a handy feature.
    Mutiple queues for the same account are under different email addresses and passwords I believe. You'd need to log out and log in under the other email address. (Can MyQ even log out? Never tried)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You can "log out" by going into preferences and pressing the big red button

Sadly there is no way for the app to know about secondary accounts (which have a separate email and password).

It is on my list of things to work on - allow users to add multiple accounts.
    Feature request: would it be possible to sort the recommendations page by the number of stars Netflix thinks it has matched to us? Right now it appears to be in alphabetical order (and as a result my queue is heavily weighted towards 'A' movies ). I would think this would be the acceptable default sort order, but if you want to get fancy you could make it a preference setting. It is also possible that I am the only person in the world that wants this in which case you can ignore my request.

Great app! My money is ready as soon as this hits the App Catalog.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SoyleMycelf View Post
    Feature request: would it be possible to sort the recommendations page by the number of stars Netflix thinks it has matched to us? Right now it appears to be in alphabetical order (and as a result my queue is heavily weighted towards 'A' movies ). I would think this would be the acceptable default sort order, but if you want to get fancy you could make it a preference setting. It is also possible that I am the only person in the world that wants this in which case you can ignore my request.

Great app! My money is ready as soon as this hits the App Catalog.
    The problem is that Netflix doesn't give me the option to do that - and I don't load all the data at once but piece by piece. The paid version of the app will eventually start supporting this as the money will be spent on getting a server to support such things, as doing such calculations on the Pre would be insane.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    0.4.5 is now out on homebrew - changes Palm asked for the catalog and a some Netflix authentication changes (use a real website rather than a shared hosted one).

This should hopefully make Netflix authentication much more reliable.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    This has been one of the most singularly useful apps in the pre's entire catalog as far as I'm concerned. However, i've noticed recently that the new releases instant category hasn't updated in more than a week. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I've tried reinstalling, re-authenticating; everything I can think of. Is there a solution to this problem?
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkolton View Post
    This has been one of the most singularly useful apps in the pre's entire catalog as far as I'm concerned. However, i've noticed recently that the new releases instant category hasn't updated in more than a week. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I've tried reinstalling, re-authenticating; everything I can think of. Is there a solution to this problem?
    Maybe there's nothing new?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    There are new videos added almost every day. If you observe the listing on netflix's website, the last new video that MyQ reports as being added was Candy Man. And there are at least 10 newer videos listed.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Oh weird. Must be an issue with the Netflix API. I doubt MyQ does anything to specifically block videos.

On a related note, how about an option to default to instant view for everything? Personally, it's what I use the most on Netflix and the option to make that my default would be really sweet.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I assumed it was a change on netflix's end that caused it. Am I the only one experiencing the problem? Currently, candyman is the newest release, and has been for over a week.
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    perfect timing, considering the app 'graduated' today
    -m
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jkolton View Post
    There are new videos added almost every day. If you observe the listing on netflix's website, the last new video that MyQ reports as being added was Candy Man. And there are at least 10 newer videos listed.
    I use the data here: Netflix - New choices to watch instantly

Sadly there is no way to use the API to get new instant releases on the fly. I'm looking into doing my own server work to get this data, but not sure when it will be available. Hence why I am charging for the App, the idea is to offer extra things Netflix doesn't offer right now.
    Last edited by mosdl; 10/29/2009 at 01:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ahaxton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    Mutiple queues for the same account are under different email addresses and passwords I believe. You'd need to log out and log in under the other email address. (Can MyQ even log out? Never tried)
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    You can "log out" by going into preferences and pressing the big red button

Sadly there is no way for the app to know about secondary accounts (which have a separate email and password).

It is on my list of things to work on - allow users to add multiple accounts.

I know adding the feature to log into multiple accounts is on your list, but I wanted to second the request. I would love to have the ability to switch between my accounts. Right now if i want to switch I have to authenticate accounts which looses my old information and requires a PC. Normally if I have a PC in front of me I'm not going to use my phone to check on my queue

Alternatively allowing me to access my DVD history would be nice. As the primary account I can see the dvds that my sub accounts have returned and what is shipping. Not sure if Netflix lets you have access to that data, but it would make my life easier.
    Last edited by Eiseldora; 10/29/2009 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Adding Quote
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If anyone has bought it from the app store - are you seeing needing to authenticate each time you open the app?
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast