Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Seems to fix it. Thanks!

I'm still having the problem where at least one of my selections locks up when I try to open the detail page (shows the header stuff, but not the text). It appears the problem is that it's getting an incomplete title. On the web site, the title is "Kim Possible: Season 4." On MyQ, it's just "Kim Possible." Looks like the colon is tripping it up?
    I've fixed the bug locally and will be in the next release. Loading titles that were only available on Watch Now were causes trouble.

As for the title - that is a Netflix error and not the apps fault. I've reported the issue to them.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    As for the title - that is a Netflix error and not the apps fault. I've reported the issue to them.
    OK. While we're waiting for NetFlix to fix, can you add something that doesn't cause a lockup? For example, if it can't find the title, it simply puts up a message that says "Unable to locate title on Netflix server."

I checked this in QuickQueue (one of the great reasons that having competing products is a good thing). They have the same issue, in that "Kim Possible" shows up without the full title. However, when I open the description, I don't get a lockup (as with MyQ) and I DO get the description.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    OK. While we're waiting for NetFlix to fix, can you add something that doesn't cause a lockup? For example, if it can't find the title, it simply puts up a message that says "Unable to locate title on Netflix server."

I checked this in QuickQueue (one of the great reasons that having competing products is a good thing). They have the same issue, in that "Kim Possible" shows up without the full title. However, when I open the description, I don't get a lockup (as with MyQ) and I DO get the description.
    It is already fixed, haven't released then new version yet
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    0.3.0 released with:
    -- recommendations now available
    -- saved queues
    -- bug fixes
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    New version is very nice. I see you took my suggestion for putting saved item into a separate list, instead of doing tabs/buttons.

Interesting thing I noticed, although I'm sure it's NetFlix's fault. I have the movie "Monsters vs. Aliens" in my "available now" list. However, if I go to netflix.com, it says "releases 9/29/2009." But it's not in the "saved" queue, like the other movies I have which have future release dates (such as "Angels & Demons," which your app shows as being available 11/23/2009 and NetFlix.com shows as having an unknown date). So, since you do the same thing as NetFlix (not put this movie in the saved list), you're doing the right thing.

However, I would like to see somewhere on "Monsters vs. Aliens" when it's expected. Or, if there is a "short wait," I'd like to see that. In other words, can you put whatever is in the "expected availability" column somewhere?

Sorry if I missed if you said that this can't be done. You might have.

Otherwise, this is really slick. I've gone ahead and removed QuickQ from my Pre, since this now officially does more and works better.
    This is a great ap, that improves significantly with every update. Now, if only we can view lists, recommendations by GENRE!!!

Thanks for the great work!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    squeff: items that come out soon (1-2 weeks I think) are added by netflix to the regular queue. I do see the Monsters vs Aliens issue - the app thinks it is saved (because of not yet released) in title view but is available in the regular disc queue.

As for Angels & Demons - the official release date (per amazon) is 11/23/2009 and that is what the API reports.

As for expected availability in the queue - that is a missing feature right now and is on my list.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    mikeydcomment: recommendations by genre is impossible today because Netflix doesn't expose that data. That requires extra work that has to be done outside of netflix, and that would have privacy implications that need to be looked at.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    0.4.0 released

- added new releases and top charts
    - bug fixes and performance work

Note that new releases and top charts will feel slower as they require twice the work.

Both features are buttons on the main page, above the discs at home.
  10. lvd
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    awesome app, one of my faves. wonderful clean UI, great functionality. nice icon too!

im happy to see you added release dates to the queue view - that screwed me up this week when i moved a couple films to the top thinking i would get them, only to discover that they weren't actually released yet.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I realized I uploaded the wrong version, so I re-uploaded 0.4
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    latest update v.0.4.0 crashes on movie rating template: on screen reads" template load failed:recommendations/listcontainer.html"

before that it worked flawlessly. Otherwise, fantastic job
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik R View Post
    latest update v.0.4.0 crashes on movie rating template: on screen reads" template load failed:recommendations/listcontainer.html"

before that it worked flawlessly. Otherwise, fantastic job
    Can you delete and reinstall - I uploaded a fixed 0.4
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Just wanted to say you're doing a great job with this app. I'll gladly pay for the App Catalog version when released
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    Can you delete and reinstall - I uploaded a fixed 0.4
    I'm having the same issue. I deleted and reinstalled using Preware and it is still doing it. Otherwise it works great. I just switched from Blockbuster to Netflix for streaing movies, cheaper cost and this app.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    ok - 0.4.1 uploaded to fix the issue.
    Um.. this is the single greatest application for the Pre. I would pay for this App without question (although it would be hard to convince people who would never be able to just give it a try first). If this goes to the App Catalog, would it be possible to have a version that expired after 2 or 3 days, or was limited to 5 uses or something. And then they could pay for the full?

Do you even plan on releasing this as a paid app? It works so flawlessly for me and it has all the features I could possibly ask for in a professional looking Netflix app.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I have no idea what Palm has in mind for trials - the app was submitted earlier this week, and yes the plan is to charge for it in the catalog. The best solution would be a 48 hour window where you can "return" the app, but no idea what Palm is doing in that regard.
    Help please. When trying to activate, I get sent to a page which says the following:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<status>
    <status_code>500</status_code>
    <message>Internal Error</message>
    </status>
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bajojo View Post
    Help please. When trying to activate, I get sent to a page which says the following:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<status>
    <status_code>500</status_code>
    <message>Internal Error</message>
    </status>
    Second. I am also receiving this error when going to the link given when trying to activate.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast