Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    squeff - by chance in a weak 3G zone? Search is the same in both places - I added it to the main page to make it easy and fast to search.

atom00 - looks like the app is confused about your bluray status, will take a look at the code.

as for video - won't happen as that requires native coding and that isn't available for app devs yet.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    One example: Go to Instant Queue, tap on an item, tap Manage, Remove from Instance Queue. Never comes back. I've tried this a few times, with no success.

So, I tried going to the item and, instead of using Manage, just flicking it to the right and tapping Delete. Doesn't actually remove it from my queue.

I also occasionally get an endless spinning circle when calling up any of the lists. This is not repeatable, so I assume it has to do with a problem in connecting to the server.

Outside of that, very nice.

Question: Where is there a search mode when the search is on the home page? What's the difference?
    Same problems here.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    squeff - by chance in a weak 3G zone? Search is the same in both places - I added it to the main page to make it easy and fast to search.
    Maybe for some of the view issues I was having. But the inability to remove from queue was definitely in a strong area. And the fact that drag-delete doesn't work was done in a strong area.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jmulligan View Post
    Good stuff. This is likely a long shot, but, I'll put it out there anyway. Any chance we'll be able to watch the instant dowloads on the Pre? The video on the Pre is great, imho.
    Keep in mind that NetFlix has gone to great lengths to prevent this. And will continue to do so.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Maybe for some of the view issues I was having. But the inability to remove from queue was definitely in a strong area. And the fact that drag-delete doesn't work was done in a strong area.
    Did you by chance authenticate too fast and had to restart and try again like others?
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Did you by chance authenticate too fast and had to restart and try again like others?
    Not sure what this really means. I authenticated and that seemed to go fine. I've not been asked to do so again.

Are you saying that I need to revoke the authentication, de-install the app, and the re-install?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I uploaded 0.2.3, which fixed some possible memory leaks.

I also added a clear authentication button to the preferences. If the app is misbehaving, upgrade, go to prefs, clear the authentication data, close app, start app and re-authenticate (no need to go to netflix and clear the app settings).
    Excellent app! I readily replaced QuickQueue with it mainly, believe it or not, because of the ability to rate movies.

Here is a suggestion though. To test the search feature I entered a random movie name (a recent movie). I found the movie and was able to add it to my queue. But, since there is no release date info on the movie screen, I thought the movie was already available in Blue Ray. I was somewhat confused because it would not show up on my queue. I finally realized the reason was because the movie had not been released yet, but I had no way of knowing that from the interface.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoruiz View Post
    Excellent app! I readily replaced QuickQueue with it mainly, believe it or not, because of the ability to rate movies.

Here is a suggestion though. To test the search feature I entered a random movie name (a recent movie). I found the movie and was able to add it to my queue. But, since there is no release date info on the movie screen, I thought the movie was already available in Blue Ray. I was somewhat confused because it would not show up on my queue. I finally realized the reason was because the movie had not been released yet, but I had no way of knowing that from the interface.
    That is part of the list of things that are missing - dealing with "saved" titles. I do see that it lists them as available in the title page, which is bad The next release will make it obvious (the title view will state Saved instead of Available) and the dialog will mention this as well.
    Last edited by mosdl; 09/14/2009 at 07:26 PM.
    Great App!
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I uploaded 0.2.3, which fixed some possible memory leaks.

I also added a clear authentication button to the preferences. If the app is misbehaving, upgrade, go to prefs, clear the authentication data, close app, start app and re-authenticate (no need to go to netflix and clear the app settings).
    Tried it. First time, I got a "you need to activate JavaScript" message (from Pre's browser) and it failed. The second time, I got that message, but then it quickly changed to the web page to agree to give permission. Activation worked.

However, after that, my DVD queue showed nothing. Instant queue was fine. I needed to exit and come back to get the DVD queue.

Still, however, I can't Remove an Instant Item from Queue. Just spins until I give up. Flick-Delete doesn't spin (lock up), but it also doesn't do anything. I was able to remove an actual disc, however. But flick-delete didn't do it: I needed to Manager/Remove From Queue.

Other issues: the DVD queue only shows Available Now. Not a huge deal that it doesn't show "saved" or "available soon" items, but as someone pointed out, this means that you can add something to your queue that will seem to vanish. If the API doesn't allow access to Soon/Saved, then maybe simply put a note at the bottom of screen that says "Discs available soon/saved are not shown."

As someone else reported, discs available as Blu-Ray appear as this in the list, even if you didn't reserve that version.

Lastly, the random spinning is back. Here's what I did: I went to my instant queue and picked an item. The page came up, with the title, graphic, year, rating, tags, an "Watch Instantly: InQueue" graphic. However, the text did not. The screen is greyed and the big circle is spinning.

I'm have a strong data connection.

Looks to me like maybe NetFlix isn't returning the data, or MyQ is getting confused about what it's receiving.
    Last edited by squeff; 09/14/2009 at 08:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    You are running into some problems, weird. I'll have to add some logging into the application to debug this.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    0.2.4 uploaded with fix for the instant queue removal issue.

Saved items are tricky as they can't be moved, so they need to be on another list.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    So regarding saved - which of these 2 choices looks the best: http://nexapps.net/images/screen.png

The left hand version allows for 2 big buttons at the top of the scene to toggle between available and saved.

The right hand one has a now button at the top - clicking on it would open a dropdown with Available/Saved as a choice.
    I like the one on the left
    Preware & WebOS Internals Supporter
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Main_Page

IRC chat
    #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by splmonster View Post
    I like the one on the left
    I also like the one on the left.
    Follow Me On

Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    So regarding saved - which of these 2 choices looks the best: http://nexapps.net/images/screen.png

The left hand version allows for 2 big buttons at the top of the scene to toggle between available and saved.

The right hand one has a now button at the top - clicking on it would open a dropdown with Available/Saved as a choice.
    I was expected a third option.

Specifically, the list has a header that reads "Available Now" (or, in your screencaps, "Instant"). I was thinking there would be another list, below that one, that read "Saved" and another that reads "Available Soon."

Or, put the available soon ones in the main list (if possible) but mark them somehow, to make it obvious.

That's how the website does it.

But, if you're going to do it this way (e.g., if it's hard to create two lists on the same page), I prefer the toggle. It takes up more room, but it's more obvious what it does and what the "mode" is.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    0.2.4 uploaded with fix for the instant queue removal issue.

Saved items are tricky as they can't be moved, so they need to be on another list.
    Seems to fix it. Thanks!

I'm still having the problem where at least one of my selections locks up when I try to open the detail page (shows the header stuff, but not the text). It appears the problem is that it's getting an incomplete title. On the web site, the title is "Kim Possible: Season 4." On MyQ, it's just "Kim Possible." Looks like the colon is tripping it up?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I was expected a third option.

Specifically, the list has a header that reads "Available Now" (or, in your screencaps, "Instant"). I was thinking there would be another list, below that one, that read "Saved" and another that reads "Available Soon."

Or, put the available soon ones in the main list (if possible) but mark them somehow, to make it obvious.

That's how the website does it.

But, if you're going to do it this way (e.g., if it's hard to create two lists on the same page), I prefer the toggle. It takes up more room, but it's more obvious what it does and what the "mode" is.
    The problem with 2 lists under each other is that it gets confusing on a small screen and you have 2 large lists. Putting all items in one list (both now and saved) causes trouble as saved items can't be reordered.

I'll probably end up doing 2 lists per section and see how people like it.

Or perhaps I can stick a dropdown in the list header so taping the header shows a dropdown of now/saved. Choices choices choices.
    We need sub categories for the search function. Like new movies, thriller ect.

loving it.
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast