Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    infinite loop for me also.
    Last edited by fallen; 09/13/2009 at 08:38 PM. Reason: gramitcal error
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    loop here also
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Loopers - you all pressed the green activate button before the other ones?
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    yes im a looper here too... also just blew through things and hit green button first... ooopss
    Very nice... I'd definitely pay for it if it's priced reasonably
    Can I have more than one of these activated? My wife and I both have a PRE and want this app. I followed everything but only works on my phone, infinite loop on her phone. Ideas?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    ok folks - 0.2.2 released - this should fix the issue - you'll see the authentication scene.

Also disabled the green button for starters
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Very nice. I like the app.
    Can you add "Browse by [genre]" into the plate?
    Follow Me On

I'm sorry to say goodbye to QuickQueue but this app does it all with a nicer interface and an awesome icon.

Thank you QQ for being our first NF app, though!

Now which one is going to be the first to let us rate movies from the app?

err, apparently you can from MyQ... epic win.

Buttons to go to top and bottom of list, too? Wow. I'm really really impressed.

Slap a custom background screen on this to make it separate than all the other light gray background apps and your work is done in my opinion.
    Last edited by willxcore; 09/14/2009 at 12:01 AM.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by willxcore View Post
    I'm sorry to say goodbye to QuickQueue but this app does it all with a nicer interface and an awesome icon.

Thank you QQ for being our first NF app, though!

Now which one is going to be the first to let us rate movies from the app?

err, apparently you can from MyQ... epic win.

Buttons to go to top and bottom of list, too? Wow. I'm really really impressed.

Slap a custom background screen on this to make it separate than all the other light gray background apps and your work is done in my opinion.
    The rating part is hard to discover (clicking on the rating) - I tried not to create a button for it as it would be a waste of space. Probably need a good FAQ section.

btw, the app is pretty old, had a large naming thread a while back. It has been simply in a private beta for a while.
    Last edited by mosdl; 09/14/2009 at 04:01 AM.
    I have both netflix apps and nether let me chose bluray, is that a limitation from netflix or are devs just not doing this. I'd like the option to chose since I have bluray and hd tv in my room and old big screen in family room which is not hd with no bluray.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    I have both netflix apps and nether let me chose bluray, is that a limitation from netflix or are devs just not doing this. I'd like the option to chose since I have bluray and hd tv in my room and old big screen in family room which is not hd with no bluray.
    MyQ will add your Netflix account chosen format to your queue by default as Netflix does that for us. So if you add a movie that has both bluray and dvd versions and you have bluray enabled and bluray set as your preferred delivery format in your Netflix account, the bluray version will be automatically added.

Try this link to check your Netflix account settings.

I do plan to allow changing the disc format in the future.
    Last edited by mosdl; 09/14/2009 at 01:19 AM. Reason: fix link
    I have it preffered dvd but only because I really only use these apps to deal with netflix. I'd like to change formats and if this app will do that I will be a very happy user
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    This is very attractive. However, I get many times where the "circle" just spins and spins.

With an app like this, there seems to be a limit to what it can do. I suspect both this and QQ will continue to evolve into feature-equivalent apps, until one developer gets frustrated and gives us.

For now, this one is prettier, but QQ actually works for me. And that one DOES have recommendations (although they don't make sense), so it's not totally impossible.
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    This app looks pretty sweet but I don't use Netflix. I'm use Blockbuster Online and they have a nice queue system. Any chance that you might support Blockbuster?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Blockbuster doesn't have any API that apps can use, so that isn't doable right now.

Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    This is very attractive. However, I get many times where the "circle" just spins and spins.

With an app like this, there seems to be a limit to what it can do. I suspect both this and QQ will continue to evolve into feature-equivalent apps, until one developer gets frustrated and gives us.

For now, this one is prettier, but QQ actually works for me. And that one DOES have recommendations (although they don't make sense), so it's not totally impossible.
    How is it not working for you? Where do you get the spins?
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    How is it not working for you? Where do you get the spins?
    One example: Go to Instant Queue, tap on an item, tap Manage, Remove from Instance Queue. Never comes back. I've tried this a few times, with no success.

So, I tried going to the item and, instead of using Manage, just flicking it to the right and tapping Delete. Doesn't actually remove it from my queue.

I also occasionally get an endless spinning circle when calling up any of the lists. This is not repeatable, so I assume it has to do with a problem in connecting to the server.

Outside of that, very nice.

Question: Where is there a search mode when the search is on the home page? What's the difference?
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Big netflix user and love the app.

Quick question. In my queue, next to movies I see the blu-ray symbol instead of standard dvd for many movies. But I don't rent bluray discs so I am unsure why this is showing up in my queue.

Thanks again
    This morning it looks like a new version 0.2.2 resolved this issue. I reinstalled and was able to successfully authenticate. Thanks for the quick fix!
    Good stuff. This is likely a long shot, but, I'll put it out there anyway. Any chance we'll be able to watch the instant dowloads on the Pre? The video on the Pre is great, imho.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast