Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chillywillymm View Post
    I saw this app today on the app store and read about the features. I'm assuming the paid version allows you to rate the movies you've watched (the first page of this thread mentions ratings). The official Netflix app for the iPad has this feature missing and I'm looking for an app that does this.
    Yes you can rate your movies with it if you like. I every once in awhile use it to rate my movies but because I linked netflix with facebook if I want the rating to post to facebook I got to rate it from the netflix site.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    How do you authenticate? I don't see anything on the Netflix "App Gallery" to allow me to authenticate MyQ.
    Since the new iPhone Netflix app added streaming directly to the phone, is this option something that can be added to MyQ? Do the APIs exist for outside developers to access this functionalit? WE NEED THIS ON webOS!!
    Streaming instant watch is something that they would have to develop. There are DRM and licensing considerations and authentication protocols for accessing the servers where the encodes reside for the streaming content. I don't believe 3rd parties have access to be able to do any of this stuff. Netflix has said in the past they will support mobile platforms it just takes a lot of time.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Guess the webOS community should start requesting a port of the iPhone's Netfilx app. Time to flood their Twitter and Support pages, LOL.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    I wouldn't expect Netflix to support webOS without help from HPalm.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Is a Netflix Android App on the Horizon? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Netflix history has been to get the most popular platforms and work the way down. So I wouldn't be surprised to see them listing a job for webos after they fill and start work on it for android. Excerpt:

Netflix recently published a job posting looking for an engineer that will help it "build Instant Streaming client implementations on Android devices."
    Anyway, on topic with myQ, I don't remember if I asked this awhile back if I did if there was an answer. I was wanting instant watch labels in disc queue for at a glance reordering on the go we don't have to tap to view the title detail scene to see if it is instant watch. And in the instant watch queue indicator for DVD since some titles are not available on DVD but on instant watch this would be helpful when on the go and using myQ to prioritize the queue for ones only on instant watch.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Development has halted for now as Netflix is about to release the next version of their API and adding instant status is on the list. The new stuff should also help showing user ratings everywhere as well.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Cool beans. I had no idea there was an immanent update to the API. Hopefully they got some good stuff going with the update. Off hand I can't think of anything else I would like myQ to do but I'm sure at some point there will be some ideas. I find I use myQ a lot when I'm at my friends houses and the pc is in another room from the TV and we want to work with my netflix account to pick stuff to watch or rearrange my queue to push a movie to the top if it isn't available for IW.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Before anyone asks, Netflix has not yet released any info to devs on the new Canadian service launch, I'll be integrating that once I get the info.
    I'm running the paid version of MyQ, v0.7.7. On the Netflix website, I usually browse their "HD" category under "Watch Instantly" - is there some reason this doesn't show up in MyQ's list of categories?

Thanks!

--John
    Just got my Netflix account started yesterday, I think it's been in country for 2 or 3 days now, and wow, great service!! Not quite the same service as in the USA(no mail order DVD's, just streaming)but the ability to have up to 6 devices on one account and a dollar cheaper than USA version, something we're not used to seeing up here in Canada So my question to you is, once you get that information, will you be making a separate app for Canadian users? I just downloaded the app from Preware, I went to the Top Charts button, tried to pick a category, and I get an error that says "An error occured while retrieving the chart. Please try again" and it's stuck on that loop, no matter what category I try. Basically, the only thing I can look at in the app are the New Releases.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    I just recently noticed when I search for a movie it doesnt show any results. Even when its a known movie, no results. Just started past few days. I uninstalled/reinstalled the app w/ no fix. Perhaps an internal thing? Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I noticed this, too, this weekend. I thought it was because were instantly watching something that I was looking up. Same thing just now. I'd bet it's a Netflix thing.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I also have the search issue. Disappointing. This is how is use the app mostly. Reinstall does not resolve.
    Ditto on the search problem.
    Mines the paid app but surely homebrews the same...glad to know not just my phone tho. Hopefully a temp issue.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    The author left a note in the app catalog in the MyQ reviews (dated 3/19/11) saying Netflix changed something without notifying people and he's working on fixing it.
    It's fixed. Update is in App Catalog. And I think the Netflix changes screwed up more than MyQ. Netflix apps in HP Touchsmart's app and in Windows 7 Media Center are all jacked up too.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Problems authentcating after updating today. Was able to login once. When I launched the app authentication was broke again.

On the bright side, search worked when I was logged in.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

UPDATED: Whatever the problem was it's working now
    Last edited by neo999; 03/23/2011 at 09:24 AM.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast