Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    ricardoruiz: the ability to add dvd/bluray specifically is on the short list of things to do soon.

Still looking for more testers if anyone is interested.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    0.5.2 added to homebrew - minor bug fixing and now uses my own new releases list.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
    For some strange reason, I can't download the latest update available via Palm App Catalog, just keep getting 'download failed' without any additional error codes.

Any ideas?

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Seems the palm catalog is having issues. The MyQ app update has not yet been approved and yet is showing up in the catalog.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Seems the catalog issue is now fixed and 0.6 should now be downloadable.
    What are the chances that movie trailers will be supported in this app?
    These trailers are flash movies, but with flash support right around the corner this would be an awesome addition to this app.
    I haven't been on the forums since sometime before christmas and noticed myQ popped up as a resent added/updated in the app catalog. So I was wondering what is new in the paid vs free versions since I last asked. Also wanted to point out that selections in the instant watch queue in the latest version of the free one for some reason can't be reordered like you can the disc queue.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    AaronB1979: trailers are tricky. The ones Netflix provides are flash based indeed. YouTube has some as well, but it isn't easy to figure which trailer belongs to which title.

StoneRyno: the paid version allows browsing new releases by genres as well as browsing the entire catalog by genres.
    Just got this app and luvin it.
    Any plan to add support for pinch zoom? My older eyes have trouble seeing some of the finer print.
    Thanks,
    Alan
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    Just got this app and luvin it.
    Any plan to add support for pinch zoom? My older eyes have trouble seeing some of the finer print.
    Thanks,
    Alan
    In what parts of the app are you running into that? On the list views or when viewing an title?
    I just saw that the paid version of this app from the App Catalog just got an update and I was wondering if we could get a changelog, or find out what was updated.

Also, what are the differences between the paid version and the free homebrew version?

And just wanna say thank you to mosdl for all your work, and that MyQ is awesome!
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The paid version has no ads, supports browsing new releases by genres as well as browsing the entire catalog by genre. And new features will probably only be going into the paid version. I am working on a trial version as well.
    I recently purchased the app, previously used the free one since it was originally released, aside from the differences mosdl mentioned I also noticed the following:

Rearrange instant queue (I couldn't in the free one so I assume that it is a feature difference).

Title detail view has option to view cast, similar titles, bonus features, awards in addition to synopsis.

Various list views of titles except for disc and instant queues indicate DVD and instant availability. On that note the disc queue doesn't indicate availability for instant which comes in handy when browsing and/or reordering the queue.
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mosdl View Post
    You can "log out" by going into preferences and pressing the big red button

Sadly there is no way for the app to know about secondary accounts (which have a separate email and password).

It is on my list of things to work on - allow users to add multiple accounts.
    I also have multiple queues. MyQ (paid, from app catalog) automatically connects with my secondary Q! I would prefer to connect with my primary Q, if I can only connect with one.

Any way to force this?

Otherwise, very nice.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Did not realize there was a free version. Just installed it. Really like it so far. Will see how much I really end up using it. If it is a lot then I will probably buy the full version.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gnunesjr View Post
    I also have multiple queues. MyQ (paid, from app catalog) automatically connects with my secondary Q! I would prefer to connect with my primary Q, if I can only connect with one.

Any way to force this?

Otherwise, very nice.
    You need to deauthorize (got to preferences) and then authorize the app using your main account email and password - each queue in Netflix has its own login.
    Can there be an option to filter the new releases by date? When I'm looking at the list, I keep finding new DVDs that are of movies from the 1960s and stuff. I'm always looking for newly released movies aka 2008/2009/2010 release dates.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    How does the new release section sort the new releases? Is it a fixed order like postings made to a blog or RSS feed so they appear in the reverse order added (newest to oldest)? I used to use netflix new releases page to see what is new but it seems recently to be unreliable as overlapping to checking whats new every 5 days no longer shows some of the stuff from the previous release week as it did before. I really need to be able to see any new releases added since the last time I checked. Which means as I go down the list I know I have seen all the new since I last checked when I run into the last one I seen in the list. Is this how the new release feature works in myQ?
    As requested: for my works on webOS patches and apps. Twitter: @larryboytw Patches: Small icons browser start page, 5x5 launcher. I have an AAS CIS Programming degree. I enjoy working on open source projects and alpha and beta testing.
    http://install.preware.org/ for easy to get up and running for patches and apps.
    I've run into the problem of it showing the incorrect shipping date, not sure if this has already been posted, as I didn't read all the pages of post, yet.

However, rather than showing the actual shipping day, it always lists them as having shipped the day after and movies DO NOT ship on Sunday!
    I saw this app today on the app store and read about the features. I'm assuming the paid version allows you to rate the movies you've watched (the first page of this thread mentions ratings). The official Netflix app for the iPad has this feature missing and I'm looking for an app that does this.
    Last edited by chillywillymm; 07/15/2010 at 11:15 PM.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast