Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Or it reports correctly and some of the non OEM batteries are just lying about their claimed capacity.

Edit: It seems the 1.3.1 update has changed something. My OEM Pre battery always reported 1148 to 1150 mAh and now it's only reporting 1043 mAh.
    I see the same on my Pre using Battery Monitor. I always got a capacity of 1148. Now I'm seeing 972 with the 1.3.1 update. What's up?
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    I see the same on my Pre using Battery Monitor. I always got a capacity of 1148. Now I'm seeing 972 with the 1.3.1 update. What's up?
    Whatever service it calls on to get the info has never really read capacities right. I know nothing of the details in that regard except I can say the capacity now reported with my 2600 is higher than it was before 1.3.1 update. So I can only assume the thing that BM gets the capacity from has changed since the last version of webOS.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    After reading your first post, I am not sure if you would be able/willing to, but...

Is it possible to add a function to let this run on the dashboard. Or force it to not close (prompt, etc). I find I back out of it, or close it accidentally.

Also, any way to have it email the data. Main reason is so I can keep data over a larger sample time, and also tell if the battery is suddenly dropping off faster with recent app additions.

Thanks for the app, and hopefully an advanced thanks for any updates.
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    Why would my stock battery be stating 702 mAh capacity? I think I answerde this, Is it reporting current or fully cahrged. My battery was not fully charged.
    I have some serious drain issues also. I removed the Yahoo Calendars and Contacts and still am getting close to 10% drain.
    Last edited by dentz; 11/18/2009 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dentz View Post
    Why would my stock battery be stating 702 mAh capacity? I think I answerde this, Is it reporting current or fully cahrged. My battery was not fully charged.
    I have some serious drain issues also. I removed the Yahoo Calendars and Contacts and still am getting close to 10% drain.
    I don't know if anyone really knows what the capacity thing is reading or if the thing it is reading from is doing what it is supposed to but it doesn't have any impact on anything performance related. As far as your battery drain rate goes I can try and help you figure it out but I will need you to detain a typical days use: talk time, web browsing, number of text sent/rcvd, emails send/rcvd (how many accounts and what interval setting), any streaming usage pandora etc (what apps and how much time used), any audio or video use non-stream (how much time used), typical signal quality for most of the day (any amount of time in poor or no signal area?), is the screen on a lot (like from reading ebooks or anything like that), is GPS always on or only when needed (time navigating with GPS if it is a daily routine), do you use any IM connections and are they always on or only on when you want to chat with someone (time using IM if it is part of a daily routine), and have you used any battery savings tips from the tips and tricks list here on the forum (if so please list details accordingly. I know this is a lot to answer but this will allow me to identify if there is a problem and if not it will allow me to advise you on what you can do to reduce your drain by adjusting things in your daily routine to get the most out of the battery. If your usage is too heavy an extended battery or spare battery and charger to swap between each day may be your only option unless you can top off the battery during the day.
  6.    #126  
    for those with questions pertaining to the capacity now reporting differently in 1.3.1:

the capacity, or what I read as the capacity, appears to have changed to show the CURRENT capacity instead of the FULL capacity. That is to say, if your battery is at 70%, you should see something like 920mAH (1150*0.7).

Development has been admittedly non-existent since I've been busy with other side projects for other people. I do have a semi complete newer version which you can't back out of accidentally. I probably won't include it as a dashboard app, though. One thing I am looking into is using this new capacity instead of the % to detect drain faster. This way you can get feedback more accurately and faster.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    thanks so much for creating this app. very useful information. does it run in the background yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    for those with questions pertaining to the capacity now reporting differently in 1.3.1:

the capacity, or what I read as the capacity, appears to have changed to show the CURRENT capacity instead of the FULL capacity. That is to say, if your battery is at 70%, you should see something like 920mAH (1150*0.7).

Development has been admittedly non-existent since I've been busy with other side projects for other people. I do have a semi complete newer version which you can't back out of accidentally. I probably won't include it as a dashboard app, though. One thing I am looking into is using this new capacity instead of the % to detect drain faster. This way you can get feedback more accurately and faster.
    Good to hear. I'd much rather have the card running than running in the dashboard unless you wanted to run it as a service or whatever method needed to run in the background and not be visible.
    Great Program and I have finally figure out what was causing my extreme battery drain. I came to the conclusion that when I'm in my basement my EV jumps to 1x every couple of mins but I have an airave and have full signal strength. I was draining 10% per hour If I go upstairs to my bedroom where I full EV service it only drains 2% per hour.

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    Love this app and currently testing out my extended battery as well as my original one to see how they stack up. Thanks again for the app that will give me a better idea of how well they work.
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
    After the 1.3.1 update, my battery capacity was reading incorrectly.

I was able to get it to read correctly again by deleting the app and reinstalling it.

The Battery Monitor is a GREAT app!!
    Is there a fix for the battery monitor reading incorrectly?
    great app ! is there an other way to make charts with webos instead of using google chart API ?
    Hello Houston,

We have a problem!

The Battery Monitor is definitely in need of a fix. My 2250 mAh battery is again only showing part of its capacity.

I tried deleting and reinstalling the app.,but it did not help this time.

Neville, HELP! Thank you.

mines is 2250mah and was reading in the 1700s...but the battery lasted me 17 hours..without charge..email on as items arrive,brightness all the way to 97 percent,gps bluetooth and wifi on for 4hours straight. Web browser open in card whole time n over night
  16.    #136  
    3rd party batteries have been reporting wrong capacities all along.

There's nothing I can do about this, sadly. The capacity is read by webOS and sent to me as-is.
    Thank you Neville,

I reinstalled the original Pre battery;deleted the Battery Monitor and reinstalled it. The monitor is still not giving a correct reading for the original Pre battery:

18.    #138  
    Sorry BobKy

There's nothing I can do about the misinformation. I've released a new final 1.0.1 version to address some of the concerns. Part of the changes involves me removing the capacity since the information is too unreliable.
    Hey is it possible to have a gauge to gauge how long until the battery is fully charged?
    Neville, the app. is great;thank you!
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast