Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 306
  1. #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    How long was the monitor up for before you opened classic? The program records the drain from the application startup until the current timestamp. So if your phone was idle for several hours before hand and then had severe drain it would record results a little funny. This is part of the skewed data I was talking about before.
    I opened the monitor right after I opened Classic.
  2.    #82  
    hmmm yeah that's pretty weird, I'll look into it
  3. #83  
    Not sure why but mine is posting a lower amount of capacity as well.

    Seidio 1350 and it shows 1149?
  4. Romanmb's Avatar
    Posts
    133 Posts
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by YBCold View Post
    Not sure why but mine is posting a lower amount of capacity as well.

    Seidio 1350 and it shows 1149?
    Same problem here, mine is showing as 1149.69999 or something like that.

    Also, the "Actual Charge" never goes up over 95%, no matter how long I let it charge for.

    Great app regardless!
  5. #85  
    I saw 100% once. I noticed any usage, even while plugged in, it will drop to 95-96%.
    Is this a "bug" or the Pre?
    Some manufacturers won't charge a lithium battery to 100% as a safety margin. Lithium batteries don't like over charging.
    I'm at 4.18v now. Lithium max voltage is 4.2 Battery Monitor says it's at 96% The "Reported UI" is 100%. Math says 99.6% so I guess that answers my question.
  6.    #86  
    The pre charger will turn off at 100% and turn on again at 94%. So it is normal for you to see this kind of drop.

    And although my electrical knowledge is a bit lacking now-a-days, I believe the voltage isn't an indication of how much battery life is left in the battery. In fact, I think for the circuitry to function, the voltage must be +4v to be a digital 'on' position.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  7. strudel's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #87  
    I am trying to use battery monitor to see longer term usage patterns of multiple days or if possible weeks. I've noticed that the graph ends up showing graph data from a limited period of time. For example, I had Battery Monitor running for the last 18 hours or so but all I see in the graph is a portion of the time it spent on the touchstone last night because the graph hovers around 100%.

    Is this a limitation of the Google chart API or do I need to increase the polling interval?
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by strudel View Post
    I am trying to use battery monitor to see longer term usage patterns of multiple days or if possible weeks. I've noticed that the graph ends up showing graph data from a limited period of time. For example, I had Battery Monitor running for the last 18 hours or so but all I see in the graph is a portion of the time it spent on the touchstone last night because the graph hovers around 100%.

    Is this a limitation of the Google chart API or do I need to increase the polling interval?

    This is a hardcoded limit (of about 100 data points) I put in to prevent overflowing the URL and crashing the app. I can increase this limit in future versions but you will always run into this problem eventually.

    If you're going to leave it running for an extended duration like several days, I suggest changing the interval to a higher number - maybe 30 minutes or one hour.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  9. #89  
    Two feature requests:
    1. The ability to write the data to a CSV file to enable offline analysis
    2. The ability to run in the background
  10. jdraket's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #90  
    I LOVE this app! I always leave it open and glance at it throughout the day. Very cool to see the day's battery graph. Keep up the great work!
  11. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #91  
    I am surprised at how long my battery lasts.

    Now I keep all the GPS krap off unless I am about to use it, and I have my email on push along with not being sign into AIM. I usually have about 3 cards open, Battery Monitor, Messaging, and Email.

    Here is my recent battery monitor screen cap.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  12. #92  
    I think I have you beat. This is a 5 minute period mostly idle, checked one email all while messenger was signed into AIM/gchat. no locations services, low screen setting. 40 hours left on battery!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ***I Twitter***

    Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
  13.    #93  
    Wow, I'm pretty sure you guys use this app more than I do! :P

    And yeah, those are some nice battery numbers. I average out at just about 3.5% per hour.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
  14. digink's Avatar
    Posts
    322 Posts
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I think I have you beat. This is a 5 minute period mostly idle, checked one email all while messenger was signed into AIM/gchat. no locations services, low screen setting. 40 hours left on battery!!!
    Well I would agree with you BUT I had the app running for almost 24 hours and still had over 16 hours remaining. So that is nearly 40 hours after 24 hours of use, like teh app states the longer it runs the more normalized the values become.

  15. gjlowe's Avatar
    Posts
    279 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts
    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by romanmb View Post
    Same problem here, mine is showing as 1149.69999 or something like that.

    Also, the "Actual Charge" never goes up over 95%, no matter how long I let it charge for.

    Great app regardless!
    I have the same issue - Seidio 1350 battery that shows 1149 in Battery Monitor. I wonder if this is an issue with the battery itself, that it reports incorrectly? In any case, thanks for the app!
  16. #96  
    Quote Originally Posted by gjlowe View Post
    I have the same issue - Seidio 1350 battery that shows 1149 in Battery Monitor. I wonder if this is an issue with the battery itself, that it reports incorrectly? In any case, thanks for the app!
    Uh, put me in the me too bandwagon...

    Seidio 1350 battery, showing 1147.8499976 mAh for capacity.
  17. #97  
    Don't know if this has asked before.

    Does the program actually read the current drain? Or does it use another method?
    If it's actually reading the drain I think a number of things could be added(?) based on the lithium battery spec, which the reported UI seems to be close to when fully charged at least.

    Graphing the current drain.
    Calculating the remaining time based on current usage.
    Measuring actual capacity of battery.
  18. jdraket's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    I think I have you beat. This is a 5 minute period mostly idle, checked one email all while messenger was signed into AIM/gchat. no locations services, low screen setting. 40 hours left on battery!!!
    RanGT - how did you get that green '88%' next to your battery to show up? That's pretty cool!
  19. jodidiu7
    jodidiu7's Avatar
    #99  
    Do I have to have the Pre attached to the internet to download this App?? I'm lost!!!
  20. #100  
    Quote Originally Posted by jodidiu7 View Post
    Do I have to have the Pre attached to the internet to download this App?? I'm lost!!!
    If you are new to homebrew, check this out.

    Regards,
    Tom
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions