Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 306
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by KallDrexx View Post
    Great app!

    Question though, how accurate is that? I don't mean that as an insult, but I just turned the app on. The battery percentage reported by the pre itself (and as reported UI %) is 100% but teh actual % reported by the app is 95%. Is the 95% value real?

    Also, I have Seidio's 2600mah battery, yet your app says my capacity is 661.599976.
    Thanks for your reply.

    The UI % and Actual % are totally different. The UI % is always a bit higher to compensate for the charging logic.

    As a brief summary of how this works, the charger will shut off when the battery is at 100% and turn on again when it is at 94%. To compensate for this difference of 6%, they show the UI % as 100.

    I track using the actual % since it gives REAL results, not fluffed up ones.

    edit:
    regarding your battery, someone earlier had an issue with the capacity reporting wrong as well. I can't comment on that since the capacity is returned to me from linux code which I haven't created. It seems that aftermarket batteries report the wrong capacity... maybe on purpose?
  2. Beknatok's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Wow! I'm a little overwhelmed with the response my little test app is getting right now.

    Thanks to everyone (over 4000 now?) who have tried my app, special thanks to those who have posted feedback here and even bigger thanks to those who provided suggestions.


    While I've only just started running your app about an hour ago, I too want to reinforce the encouragement you've already received. This kind of app is something many power users like myself yearn to have... REAL diagnostic information, vs a silly little icon or two that doesn't tell you jack.

    I hope you continue development of this app. Keep up the great work!
  3. #23  
    Thanks for that explanation, that makes sense (I always thought it was fishy the battery stayed at 100% for so long)!
  4. rfceo's Avatar
    Posts
    114 Posts
    Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    #24  
    @neville
    Great App!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  5. #25  
    I'm with everyone here. Great job with the app. Looking forward to what modifications you have on this app. Thanks again for the app.
    A BAD DAY SKIING AND ROCK CLIMBING IS STILL BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
  6. #26  
    I had it running and then was doing something and closed it on accident. I restarted it and now it's not showing a running time just the current charge, temp etc. It's not calculating percent loss etc. I tried reopening it again but still nothing. I have music streaming and that's it. Thoughts?
  7. #27  
    Ok I closed it and opened it again and it seems to be calculating time now. Great app btw!!
  8. #28  
    You call this a "test app" and a small project but this is a monster app and a hude tool to have as a Pre owner.

    Many thanks, and I look forward to future "small apps" of yours!
  9. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #29  
    Sweet app! I love it.
  10. #30  
    Ok yeah it's not calculating runtime. The first time I had it open it was going, then a minute ago after a couple of reopenings it said 1s and then that was it. Tried reopening it again to see if that would work and now nothing.
  11. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    Ok yeah it's not calculating runtime. The first time I had it open it was going, then a minute ago after a couple of reopenings it said 1s and then that was it. Tried reopening it again to see if that would work and now nothing.
    Did you set the interval times on the front page of the app?

    If not keep swiping back on the gesture keypad and put it at around 5-10 mins and wait that long and you will see a result. If you want put it on 1 min and watch after a min it'll show up.

    Also it's the apps runtime not battery/phone runtime.
  12. eztech's Avatar
    Posts
    53 Posts
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    #32  
    Heres something to boggle everyones minds, I was reading the post here decided to leave some feedback on it PLEASE BACKGROUND APP IS A MUST!
    Also i found it wierd my phone was charging via usb for a while so im sure its fully charged BUT what I found astonishing is how I can go from 100% to 98% trough ignoring one phone call between all the virbrating and noise and lit screen BUT right after the call ended this is with me ignoring it and with battery moniter running it jumped right back to 100% within id say about 6 secs I dont think any phone should go to 98% from one call that you didnt even pick up? just trough normal vibrate and ring tones for 25-30 secs?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    Did you set the interval times on the front page of the app?

    If not keep swiping back on the gesture keypad and put it at around 5-10 mins and wait that long and you will see a result. If you want put it on 1 min and watch after a min it'll show up.

    Also it's the apps runtime not battery/phone runtime.
    That's what I mean, the first time I had it open it was up to 12m and then these past few times I've had to reopen it to try and get runtime they either always said 0 or 1s and that was it.
  14. #34  
    Ok it's up again. Little weird I changed polling times and let it sit there etc and those couple of times it just didn't give me anything but the charge when I opened it. As far as I can tell it's running normal now.
  15. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    That's what I mean, the first time I had it open it was up to 12m and then these past few times I've had to reopen it to try and get runtime they either always said 0 or 1s and that was it.
    I don't think you understand the runtime...

    IT'S HOW LONG YOU HAVE THAT CARD OPEN FOR. I.E. it only updates when the interval time passes.

    So after 10 mins it'll jump from 0 to 10 mins after 20 it'll jump from 10 to 20... etc...

    Get it now?
  16.    #36  
    Thanks again everyone, all of your feedback is really inspiring.

    Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    That's what I mean, the first time I had it open it was up to 12m and then these past few times I've had to reopen it to try and get runtime they either always said 0 or 1s and that was it.
    When you go back and reopen it resets the data and starts from scratch again. So if you go back and change the interval it will reset back to 0. You will need to wait for another polling interval before data can be shown. This is something I'm working on changing.

    As for the first time - was NO data showing? Maybe your graph option was turned off.

    I've seen a couple times in my testing where the graphing may not load properly right away... I haven't been able to nail down the cause.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    I don't think you understand the runtime...

    IT'S HOW LONG YOU HAVE THAT CARD OPEN FOR. I.E. it only updates when the interval time passes.

    So after 10 mins it'll jump from 0 to 10 mins after 20 it'll jump from 10 to 20... etc...

    Get it now?
    Yeah...that's why I said earlier it was either saying 0 or 1s...obviously I haven't had my phone on for 1s When I opened it one time it said 1s, then never updated even though I was adjusting the polling times. I know what runtime is but thank you.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by neville View Post
    Thanks again everyone, all of your feedback is really inspiring.



    When you go back and reopen it resets the data and starts from scratch again. So if you go back and change the interval it will reset back to 0. You will need to wait for another polling interval before data can be shown. This is something I'm working on changing.

    As for the first time - was NO data showing? Maybe your graph option was turned off.

    I've seen a couple times in my testing where the graphing may not load properly right away... I haven't been able to nail down the cause.
    Still curious where you pull the temperature. That's kinda cool.
  19. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Landon1983 View Post
    Yeah...that's why I said earlier it was either saying 0 or 1s...obviously I haven't had my phone on for 1s When I opened it one time it said 1s, then never updated even though I was adjusting the polling times. I know what runtime is but thank you.
    I'm sure you understand runtime, but you weren't understanding this apps "runtime" feature.
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by zna03 View Post
    I'm sure you understand runtime, but you weren't understanding this apps "runtime" feature.
    K
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions