Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    FitTrack 0.8

Introducing FitTrack a GPS enabled application for WebOS. Running, Jogging, Biking or Driving? Bring FitTrack along with your Palm Pre or Palm Pixi. FitTrack will follow and record your movements. See your stats while on the move and export your results when you are done. Stats include time, pace, speed, distance, average speed, average pace, max speed, max pace, KCalories, vertical travel, altitude, and GPS accuracy.
    Review your workout or progress and see your route on the device. FitTrack incorporates OpenLayers and OpenStreetMap.org mapping data as a backdrop to your route showing you exactly where you went. FitTrack's main display screen is customizable allowing you to set which statistics you want to see. Export your route via email in GPX format and upload to any of the popular fitness sites. Both standard and metric units are supported.

FitTrack was recently tested alongside a Garmin GPS watch. Distance was spot on between the two devices and Pace was very close but would jump around a little more then the Garmin.

FitTrack cannot control the Phone's GPS service. If you cannot get a fix try the following:
    -Make sure you have a clear unobstructed view of the sky AND a decent EVDO signal.
    -Reboot
    -Check Google Maps app and zoom in. It should only be a dot and not a dot and a big circle.
    -Open the Dialer App and type ##477#: This will bring up the GPS service on the phone. Click Get Fix. If the phone times out there is a problem with the GPS service. If you get over 150 meters horizontal accuracy then the GPS is not getting satellite data and only getting a poor quality Cell Tower fix.
    -Reboot
    -Try FitTrack again

Release Notes:
    Version 0.8.7
    Changed method of calling GPS service to match Palm's latest method of avoiding GPS service errors. This should improve GPS fix times for Verizon users.
    Version 0.8.5
    Added confirmation dialog when reseting session.
    Fixed GPX export date format issue.
    Version 0.8.4
    Bug Fixes
    Added Tweet Txt feature
    Version 0.8.3
    Added KCalorie calculator option, just input your weight and units and FitTrack will approximate how many KCalories you are burning.
    A few bug fixes

Version 0.8.2
    Lots of bug fixes
    Missing decimal point in GPX fixed
    Distance accumulation error fixed

FitTrack 0.7
    Released: 9/10/2009
    Updated:10/8/2009

This is the free version available from the Precentral apps catalog.

Release Notes:
    Version 0.7.53:
    -Fixed pause and reset functions, they now work properly
    -Added Email GPX function.
    -Workout summary is included with GPX email

Version 0.7.49:
    -Fixed GPS timeout issue.
    -Five minute notifications showing distance.
    -Back end code change (More modular).
    -Smoother speed and pace calculations.

Version 0.7:
    This version attempts to clean and smooth the data coming from the GPS Radio.
    Vertical height travel is calculated but currently does not respond well on flat distances.
    Two methods for velocity are used. One is from the GPS radio and the other is measured from the distance and time between each point.
    Last edited by troymiller; 05/13/2010 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Updated version
    I will go out this afternoon and give it a try.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Awesome, my wife has really been waiting for this (she tried pretracker but it quit working when the screen shut off). Does this version work when that happens, or do you need to keep something running?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    Awesome, my wife has really been waiting for this (she tried pretracker but it quit working when the screen shut off). Does this version work when that happens, or do you need to keep something running?
    Keep something running. At this point the calls in the code that are supposed to keep it alive are not working. The other option is to turn the screen on and check your results every so often. That way you can see your current pace.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Does the thing running need to keep the screen on, or just keep going. For instance if you had music or a podcast playing the entire time, would that keep the gps active?

Also I don't see this in filecoaster or preware yet, but not sure how long the delay usually is.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    Does the thing running need to keep the screen on, or just keep going. For instance if you had music or a podcast playing the entire time, would that keep the gps active?

Also I don't see this in filecoaster or preware yet, but not sure how long the delay usually is.
    Yes you can use Pandora, Pod Casts, Music player, etc and it will keep the GPS alive.

It needs to be approved before it will show up in the lists. Should be up shortly.

You can also download it manually here:
    http://pretracker.googlecode.com/fil...0.7.38_all.ipk

I updated it with the changes to the power code.
    Last edited by troymiller; 09/10/2009 at 04:56 PM.
    How to keep the GPS awake.

I was looking at your code. 3 things I would try changing.

1) Your activityStart function sets the duration_ms: to '28800000', I dont know if that is even valid. Set it to something lower like 120000, that is what I have mine set to. And adjust your timer function accordingly.

2) In your timer function, you call activityEnd before calling activityStart. Try never calling activityEnd.

3) Never call your function StopScreenTimeOut, its redundant.

I am not sure what the proper way is suppose to be to keep the GPS awake, but if you make those changes, it will keep the GPS on. Thats what I do and it works.
    did a short 2 mile run on a known route this afternoon between the rains. Distance is perfect. Time is good as I had my ironman timing the run also. I did keep Pandora running in the background. I think that FitTrack is on the right track.
    Also, I believe you're supposed to send a unique id each time you activityStart, not the same one each time (I'm not sure if this is actually required, or this has to do with the fact that the endActivity call as also asynch, so if you reuse the same ID your activityEnd could get processed after the activityStart).
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update, will give it a try on Sunday. Just an FYI, while the app shows the appropriate version # in the "list apps" listing, the app icon and the app title in top menu when running still shows as .6.
    Two bike rides milage was great.
    Thanks for all the work.
    Still hope we can make the gpx or map my ride connection.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    FINALLY! This is something I am looking for. Hopefully, it can have the following features:

1. Provide Percent Grade real time when riding or running up a hill.

2. Able to download a map course and provide turn by turn instructions. Awesome for Century bike races.

3. Share data after a ride or runs with your buddies.

4. Calculate altitude, climbs and descents, and record this data for review.

5. Share your courses, workouts and saved rides wirelessly with other Palm Pre users.
    What does the "SHOW MAP" button do? I've pressed it after a run, but nothing happened.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by muggax View Post
    What does the "SHOW MAP" button do? I've pressed it after a run, but nothing happened.
    In previous versions it would launch google maps, but with no other features or integration. In the latest version it doesn't seem to do anything.

BTW, I think you mean 'road' (noun) not "rode" (verb) (your sig).
    I use this app 4-5 times a week and I love it as it is accurate and it calculates the only features I really need: time, distance, and pace. Please allow multiple skins or make it black like the youtube app as the current theme is distractingly ugly.
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    mine just keeps reading GPS forever i have good signal and i turned my location service on i really want to use this app

rebooting phone now hope this will fix it
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    well the reboot fixed it sweet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    BTW, I think you mean 'road' (noun) not "rode" (verb) (your sig).
    You're right....thanks for catching that. Guess it was hard to notice doing 180+.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    In previous versions it would launch google maps, but with no other features or integration. In the latest version it doesn't seem to do anything.
    I would love for that feature to be restored.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bvelasco View Post
    Please allow multiple skins or make it black like the youtube app as the current theme is distractingly ugly.
    I agree I liked the old Pretrack color better but when I press Show Map it opens a blank white card and never loads but pace distance speed work great.
    Apache-->755p-->Mogul-->Pre-->TP2-->Hero--->PRE!!!
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast