Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    RE: GPS timeout and fix issues:

I don't know if you've been checking out some of the other products out there like yours, but one of them has an option for choosing minimum accuracy needed to start (the app I'm thinking of rhymes with Yog Smats). You can choose anywhere from about 1 yd to 75 yds. I'm not sure exactly how they did this, but I think it would be something to look in to. That way if you're in a spot that you know doesn't get a good GPS fix, you can still at least grab some datapoints. Don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but I think it's worth checking out.
    Just an update - I went outside and used the ##gps# to repeatedly get a fix until the accuracy was alot better before I started FitTrack. Then once I started it, it found my location really quickly and worked great!

Thanks for a really cool utility!
    OK, played with fittrack a little. The annoying decimal loss problem is still there, makes it a bit of a problem.

What I noticed as well: The <time> tag looks weird, is it meant to be like this? <time>Thu Dec 24 2009 14:06:41 GMT+0100 (CET)</time>
    I read a bit in the GPX definition, and it should look like:
    <time>
    Optional in: <gpx> <wpt> <rte> <rtept> <trk> <trkpt>
    <time>2002-02-10T21:01:29.250Z</time>

Besides that, it is a bit difficult to scroll thru the GPX file, as all data is on one line. Is there an easy way to insert a line break after each closed tag or whatever?

Another strange thing: The statistics on the Pre show a distance of 65.56 km. The email that is sent shows a distance of 72.98 km with the same travel time. Even the average speed in the email is calculated wrong, based on 72.98 km.

And finally, it shows me 1770 m vertical travel on the Pre, which is completely wrong. This may be due to the GPS, haven't looked it up on the GPX file as it is so annoying to scroll thru it.

Hux
    How is this on the battery? Will I need to make sure I have a full charge before I go out on a 2 mile adventure on my bike?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pearl View Post
    How is this on the battery? Will I need to make sure I have a full charge before I go out on a 2 mile adventure on my bike?

Thanks!
    I have done the same bike route a few times now that for me is almost exactly one hour. Each time I fully charged the stock battery and one hour later was down to 77% for one ride and 76% for the second ride where I watched battery life.

For each ride I had FitTrack and Jogstat running for the whole ride with no other apps running (except email is set to get emails "as they arrive"). I had the screen timeout set for 3 minutes and checked the apps multiple times during the ride so the screen was on quite a bit.

Hope that helps.
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    hey ive tried to download this app but the page becomes blank when i try to pull up the url...i dont know wht im doing wrong
    I don't know if you initially developed Pretracker and changed the name to Fittrack. But Pretrackers icon seems much better to me. Do you have nothing to do with pretracker?

Thanks for a really great app. I love uploading routes to mapmyrun.

Regards,
    phufbq
    Quote Originally Posted by troymiller View Post
    This project has been open sourced and will always be free.
    This is definitely a pay app now in the App Catalog. Why the flip-flop?
  9.    #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by nulall View Post
    This is definitely a pay app now in the App Catalog. Why the flip-flop?
    The project was open sourced but I didn't have much development help. chiefplt wanted to help but he ran out of available time. This was a way to allow me to keep on developing the app. FitTrack is still the cheapest in the catalog and I have some plans to make it even better.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by phufbq View Post
    I don't know if you initially developed Pretracker and changed the name to Fittrack. But Pretrackers icon seems much better to me. Do you have nothing to do with pretracker?

Thanks for a really great app. I love uploading routes to mapmyrun.

Regards,
    phufbq
    FitTrack started as pretracker and has since not been updated.

I like the new icon much better.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Does the paid one have any fixes? My wife is training for a marathon and has tried this about 4 times. Everytime she says that the distance is way off, it says miles but has a huge number. I'll see if I can pull up her data and post it tonight. I was just wondering if this is a known issue. She has the latest version off of preware, if there was a working one for her we'd purchase it. Her gps works fine in navigation apps. Also she did the ##gps# to get a low number before starting.
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    Does the paid one have any fixes? My wife is training for a marathon and has tried this about 4 times. Everytime she says that the distance is way off, it says miles but has a huge number. I'll see if I can pull up her data and post it tonight. I was just wondering if this is a known issue. She has the latest version off of preware, if there was a working one for her we'd purchase it. Her gps works fine in navigation apps. Also she did the ##gps# to get a low number before starting.
    Yes there have been many fixes in the Palm App Catalog version. The distance being off is one of the issues I fixed. There are others as well like the decimal point being off when emailing a GPX. You can also customize the display fields as well as see your route on a map inside the application.

Saving and loading routes is coming as well as some other cool things.
    Quote Originally Posted by tublecane View Post
    Having the same problem. It seems to loose track of the sats for a second or two, then all of a sudden grabs onto it and shows a huge distance and a FAST speed (like 18-20mph).
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
    Quote Originally Posted by troymiller View Post
    Yes there have been many fixes in the Palm App Catalog version. The distance being off is one of the issues I fixed. There are others as well like the decimal point being off when emailing a GPX. You can also customize the display fields as well as see your route on a map inside the application.

Saving and loading routes is coming as well as some other cool things.
    OK, based on this, I bought the paid version. Question, as updates come out, do those of us who BOUGHT it get the updates for free? This is the first time I've BOUGHT an app, so I'm a newbie to this and am not sure how it works...auto updates for apps? or ow do we update them?
    Dave
    Sprint Pre User Who LOVED his Pre but left for a more supported phone (EVO Shift)...maybe one day Sprint & HP will see the light and bring us a great 4g capable Pre replacement!
  15.    #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    Having the same problem. It seems to loose track of the sats for a second or two, then all of a sudden grabs onto it and shows a huge distance and a FAST speed (like 18-20mph).
    Yes updates come with the paid version. You can check your updates with the updates app and also I will at some point put in logic to alert that there is a new version.

if you are having the same issue with the new version can you describe how it is being used? Also explain what other apps are running?

Thanks.
    Ok, had the same problem with the paid version today. I was about 3 miles into a run along a paved path with fairly good but not perfect sky visibility, some trees. All of a sudden it reset and my mileage was zero. I started it again and about 2-3 minutes later, I check it and it said I had gone something like 1.2 miles at a pace of over 13mph. I just let it keep going and it didnt reset again (total run was about 5 miles and my normal pace is a 10:30 mile).

The only other app running was the built in music app. I am on WebOS 1.2.3 (cant upgrade due to needing wifi to work with MyTether).
    Dave
  17.    #137  
    I tried to replicate the problem but it is working for me. There may have been some kind of data interruption. Has the error happened again? If it does would you mind emailing me the GPX at support at miller-technologies dot com?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by StormChaser View Post
    Ok, had the same problem with the paid version today. I was about 3 miles into a run along a paved path with fairly good but not perfect sky visibility, some trees. All of a sudden it reset and my mileage was zero. I started it again and about 2-3 minutes later, I check it and it said I had gone something like 1.2 miles at a pace of over 13mph. I just let it keep going and it didnt reset again (total run was about 5 miles and my normal pace is a 10:30 mile).

The only other app running was the built in music app. I am on WebOS 1.2.3 (cant upgrade due to needing wifi to work with MyTether).
    @ troymiller - i was using the version of FitTrack that I had downloaded/installed before it became a paid app, and recently I noticed that every time I started the app & searched for satellites the app never locates any - therefore I'm unable to start the timer when I start my run, and I'm unable to use the GPS to track my distance.

I'm a Canadian Pre user, so your paid app is not available for me to purchase in our Canadian app store. Is there any way I can get your newest/paid version via a donation or something like that?
  19.    #139  
    The issues with the GPS would be the same as the paid version but the paid version handles it much better. Check your google maps app and see how big the circle is that indicates your location. What is most likely happening is for some reason the GPS freaks out and does not return anything but a 150 meter fix. Could be the data connection, or a signal issue. This is useless in a GPS tracking app so FitTrack does not let you start. You can try rebooting the phone. That has resolved it for me but not always.

When you hit this issues it is no longer a problem with the app but the hardware on the phone which is difficult and frustrating to deal with.

Ill see what I can do about the paid app version if I can send it to you somehow. Ill PM you when i figure that out

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by jfstevens View Post
    @ troymiller - i was using the version of FitTrack that I had downloaded/installed before it became a paid app, and recently I noticed that every time I started the app & searched for satellites the app never locates any - therefore I'm unable to start the timer when I start my run, and I'm unable to use the GPS to track my distance.

I'm a Canadian Pre user, so your paid app is not available for me to purchase in our Canadian app store. Is there any way I can get your newest/paid version via a donation or something like that?
    Thanks for looking into the paid app issue for me. I just tried using google maps on my phone & it could not find mu current location so now I'm wondering if the GPS functionality is broken on the phone itself. I'm going to call Bell (my carrier) to see what can be done - I'm thinking there's a problem w/ my phone hardware, not your app.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast