Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    I've been using FitTrack for the past month or so as I train for a half marathon. The application has worked wonderfully, and ever since the GPX email feature has been added, this application is top notch! To import the gpx datat into google earth and fly through the course is pretty darn amazing!
    One bug I have been working around is that the lat/lon values seem to drop a decimal point in a portion of the xml values. For example, longitue=-122.635 will show up as longitue=-122635. I just do a global replace on 1226 with 122.6 and the anomalies are taken care of (seems like only about 5% of the values drop a decimal point).
    Other than that, GREAT APP! Thanks for your effort.
    I've run into a few bugs over the last week.

I paused in the middle of a session, then resumed. The final readings seem to stop where I paused.

I've recently had intermittent trouble in getting Fittrack to pick up GPS signals. Fittrack is the only GPS app that isn't working. Google, Sprint Nav and the GPS acquire code (#477#) all work properly, but sometimes Fittrack will continually search.

This doesn't happen all the time, when it does, a reboot of the device solves the issue.

Otherwise a great app. I never go on a ride without it.
    i love this app! it works great to clock my moped! I just wish it would save my top speed also so I don't have to hold it while going 49.3 mph!
    Do any of these pedometer programs have an alarm system so when you drop below a certain speed it notifies you. This would be nice. Also, maybe a stat that follows approximately how accurate your gps signal is making the data. I currently own a Garmin Forerunner 305 and a Navman R300 and would love to be able to replace these pedometers with one of these programs.Just downloaded this and workout Tracker and will try them both out tonight. Will post any information I find. Thanks. Truly a great effort, this seems like a great app thus far.
  5.    #105  
    Thanks guys for all the feedback.

I still have not been able to figure out why the decimals get dropped. Its just a really strange error because I am not parsing the coordinates at all.

I do have some ideas for user defined alerts so a low pace will alert you. Its in the works.
    Hi Try,
    Great app.
    I am experiencing an issue with my tracked routes.
    I have used this app a few times now whilst cycling & walking but the route seems to be slightly out from my start point.

I wait until i get a GPS fix then start my walk\run, once i have finished i send the gpx file to my email then export it to mapmyrun, sportypal or google earth but the start point is never correct.

It seems to add an extra mile or so on my route from where i actualy started from.
    Any ideas?

Regards
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zadmin03 View Post
    Hi Try,
    Great app.
    I have used this app a few times now whilst cycling & walking but the route seems to be slightly out from my start point.

I wait until i get a GPS fix then start my walk\run, once i have finished i send the gpx file to my email then export it to mapmyrun, sportypal or google earth but the start point is never correct.

It seems to add an extra mile or so on my route from where i actualy started from.
    Any ideas?

Regards
    I tried it out for my ride into work this morning and got the exact same thing. Point 2 to the end seemed very accurate, but point 1 to point 2 was way off - about a mile.

I did not push start until the "searching" button went away.
    Phone History: VisorPhone --> Treo180 --> Treo650--> Treo700p--> PalmCentro --> HTCTouchDiamond (2weeks) --> PalmCentro --> Palm Pre
  8.    #108  
    Could you guys email me your gpx files so I can take a look? This issue really needs to get fixed.

sk4jc-20 [at] yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Your App looks very promising to me, installed it last night. Unfortunately, I cannot get a gps location at all. When hitting "find location", I get an error message: Get Location Error:{"errorCode": 4} and the "searching..." bar never goes away. Tried this several times, no luck.

Last edited by hux; 11/26/2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: gfx insert
    Have the same problem, on my palm the same error message occurs.
  11.    #111  
    This is a timeout error. The service is not receiving anything from the gps radio and times out. I need to capture the error instead of it displaying in this manner.

I personally have not had this error before so it is hard to debug. I would try checking the google maps app and see how big your accuracy circle is. If it is huge then the gps radio is not updating properly. Maybe try leaving your gps on for a while. There is not much the app can do if the gps service is not updating your location.
    I solved the problem, was an incorrect configuration. In the preferences of location services the option "locate me Using GPS" was disabled. after enable GPS FitTrack works fine.
    i went to the google code page and can't find any of the source files. I was hoping to contribute but I can't find the code...
    Great app. I just bought a Palm Pixi and the main screen for FitTrack cuts off at the distance line. I would like to be able to see the distance I have run easily and not easy to scroll when I am running. Otherwise, I have just started playing around with it.
    Funny thing. I recorded a track today, 2.5 hours of cycling. If I drop the gpx file onto a map service like GPS visualizer, it displays the track, but additionally draws a track around the whole planet earth. fittrack correctly measured a trip length of 69km, but still the trackpoints are somewhat wrong.

If I upload the track to EveryTrail, it displays the same (wrong) map, but comes to a total length of 161,809.5 miles.

uTrack does not recognize the GPX file as valid at all.

Tools like the german GPS-track-analyse.net hang up when trying to load the file and correct it.

I haven't worked with those tools much, does this happen alot?

Still have the file here in case you wanna have a view.

hux
    Every time I load this app it just displays "Searching" until I exit the app. It never finds a GPS location. I have tried rebooting (several times). Other GPS apps (including the google maps) seem to lock pretty quickly and show my exact location (not a large circle) but this app never stops searching.

Any ideas? Would really like to use this app!

Thanks...
  17.    #117  
    Quote Originally Posted by nulall View Post
    i went to the google code page and can't find any of the source files. I was hoping to contribute but I can't find the code...
    There is a code site but I have not been updating it.

Quote Originally Posted by kmorneau View Post
    Great app. I just bought a Palm Pixi and the main screen for FitTrack cuts off at the distance line. I would like to be able to see the distance I have run easily and not easy to scroll when I am running. Otherwise, I have just started playing around with it.
    I will see what I can do, I might make the timer font smaller so that shows up better on the pixi. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hux View Post
    Funny thing. I recorded a track today, 2.5 hours of cycling. If I drop the gpx file onto a map service like GPS visualizer, it displays the track, but additionally draws a track around the whole planet earth. fittrack correctly measured a trip length of 69km, but still the trackpoints are somewhat wrong.

If I upload the track to EveryTrail, it displays the same (wrong) map, but comes to a total length of 161,809.5 miles.

uTrack does not recognize the GPX file as valid at all.

Tools like the german GPS-track-analyse.net hang up when trying to load the file and correct it.

I haven't worked with those tools much, does this happen alot?

Still have the file here in case you wanna have a view.

hux
    This is probably the decimal disappearing error. I don't know why that piece of javascript does not parse the decimal correctly. I will have to make a workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by jhindmon View Post
    Every time I load this app it just displays "Searching" until I exit the app. It never finds a GPS location. I have tried rebooting (several times). Other GPS apps (including the google maps) seem to lock pretty quickly and show my exact location (not a large circle) but this app never stops searching.

Any ideas? Would really like to use this app!

Thanks...
    I don't remember the number exactly but FitTrack does not allow a start unless the accuracy is really good. On the dialer hit ##gps# and see what the horizontal accuracy is. I will see what the cut off number is but I bet that is what is happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by troymiller View Post
    I don't remember the number exactly but FitTrack does not allow a start unless the accuracy is really good. On the dialer hit ##gps# and see what the horizontal accuracy is. I will see what the cut off number is but I bet that is what is happening.
    Thanks Troy. When I get the fix from ##gps# it reports back pretty much instantly with horizontal accuracy of 150. Is that number too high?
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhindmon View Post
    Thanks Troy. When I get the fix from ##gps# it reports back pretty much instantly with horizontal accuracy of 150. Is that number too high?
    Ok, I know exactly what this is. Yes 150 is way too high and actually I know from experience that when it is exactly 150 it mean you are only getting a cell tower fix and is completely un-usable from a tracking standpoint.

What I don't understand is why the GPS takes so long and sometimes just fails to get a fix like in your situation.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zadmin03 View Post
    Hi Try,
    Great app.

Any ideas?

Regards
    I have been trying out Sportypal for some time now, it worked pretty well, here is my log: Workout Details | SportyPal