Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    First things first

I'm very happy with this application, as I have information I previously had no access to, and could only guess at.

Code:
    Time:	
    0:36:35
    Distance:	
    Average Speed:
    Average Pace:
    	9:40
    Data Points:
    I think knowing I was timing and recording the distance, that I worked harder. I have a general rule ~walk down the steep hills, run everywhere else. My course time dropped by 2:50 over my previous best (which itself was 2 minutes faster than my best 2 attempts back). Cool stuff!

I than used this site to convert the gpx file to kml for google maps (as mapmyrun.com seemed to timeout with processing it)
    GPS Visualizer: Map a GPS data file with Google Earth

It seemed to work, but with a side-effect similar to what's been described.... effectively running around the globe.

There are a lot of real data points, but how it connects them has confused me.
    edit:
    it ~should look something like this
    (I just dragged the data points from all over the world back into sanity, then into where I'm guessing they ought to be. )

I will also note that the weather was slightly overcast, and I realize that the woods themselves may have blocked the gps signal while back there.

Before starting, I waited for google maps in the pre to center in on me (there was no visible cloud).
    Last edited by nthimage; 10/12/2009 at 10:46 PM.
    I want to thank you for the work you are doing on this program. I am liking it and the ideas that you have for future improvement.

I am having trouble connecting to the satellite in the new version (7.54). Since I have updated I have not been able to connect once (tried at least ten times) and use the app to track my runs.
    Love this app.

I can't seem to get the file to email to me with 4090 data points. I was able to do some that are about 2000 data points or less. For some reason my Pre seems to lose connection with the network when I try to send the email with the file in it. Has anyone been able to cut/paste parts of it into a smaller email to make it send?

Once you can get the larger files to send, this will be awesome!

Thanks for all your hard work.

Jon
    I can confirm that FitTrack infact does not have speed limitations. I tried it out on a NJTransit train today, and it registered a peak speed of 109 mph!
  5.    #85  
    I am looking into the weird error in the gpx where a period goes missing. It is very strange.

also coming soon is a better timer built around the system clock and will never be off.

I may have a solution for the gpx problem. I did some tests and when I get it working I will release to a select few testers. Pm me if you are interested.
    I can't send large pasted GPX emails.
    I've tried to email 3 workouts to myself. The first one was 1 mile and had no problems.
    The second two were 6 and 7 miles. When I try to send these to myself it takes an extraordinarily long time to copy (understandable now) to the email body.
    When I try to send it about 30sec then pops up an error saying
    "com.palm.mail is not running"
    the email does not send. It cannot be stored as a draft either. This is regardless of email account used.

I searched for this problem and found only 1 similiar. This person got the same error when trying to send a long email in exchange to the pre.
    Apparently this is probably a problem with large emails and webOS.

Any chance the program can send a few emails for large gpx data?
    Love this program!!

New error just started, though, and I can't seem to get it to go away. Every time it starts searching for my location, I get:

Get Location Error:{"errorCode":4}

Anybody know what this is, or how to fix it??
    I have had success e-mailing and creating GPX files for short times, but after a hot air balloon flight (1 hour in the air, plus inflation and packup) my attempt to e-mail the log crashed the phone's e-mail system. I had to restart the phone to get e-mail working again, which caused the data to be lost.

Just a thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by brentlpgus View Post
    This is a great solution. WebOS seems to lag A LOT after 2,000 samples. Anything over 3,000 is just not doable for the system. I also had this problem, tried to copy the data over to a memo to save it, but had to do a soft reset of the device because I couldn't access or delete the memo after it was created. Yikes! So... Maybe every 1,500 samples it creates another email?
    Quote Originally Posted by brentlpgus View Post
    I can't send large pasted GPX emails.
    I've tried to email 3 workouts to myself. The first one was 1 mile and had no problems.
    The second two were 6 and 7 miles. When I try to send these to myself it takes an extraordinarily long time to copy (understandable now) to the email body.
    When I try to send it about 30sec then pops up an error saying
    "com.palm.mail is not running"
    the email does not send. It cannot be stored as a draft either. This is regardless of email account used.

I searched for this problem and found only 1 similiar. This person got the same error when trying to send a long email in exchange to the pre.
    Apparently this is probably a problem with large emails and webOS.

Same problem here.
  11.    #91  
    Ok, I updated FitTrack to fix the issues everyone has brought up.

I limited the size of the GPX email so you should be able to send no matter how long you have tracked. The longer routes will have less resolution but it will still show you where you have been.

I also fixed the timer so it will not accumulate any errors.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    An option to convert speed to metric would be greatly appreciated!!
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by troymiller View Post
    Ok, I updated FitTrack to fix the issues everyone has brought up.

I limited the size of the GPX email so you should be able to send no matter how long you have tracked. The longer routes will have less resolution but it will still show you where you have been.

I also fixed the timer so it will not accumulate any errors.
    Just mapped a 3.3 mile run with the latest version on MapMyRun, didn't see any issues with accuracy of the route, not sure if that long of a run would need to be limited though.

The distance, time for the run, and average speed were the same as Work Out Tracker (I run them both at the same time), yet Work Out Tracker reported the correct pace (31:42 mins / 3.3 miles = ~9:36 minutes per mile) while FitTrack reported the pace as 10:56 minutes per mile, would only be correct if the time for the 3.3 mile run were 34+ mins).
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
    Hello, I like this app but I have some suggestions:

1) More customizable options, maybe in the "Statistics" section, add check boxes to show the relative that field in the GPX Data, like where it tells you "Mile Pace".
    I'd love to be able to stick my pre in my pocket, go for a little raz about on my motorbike then see how fast I was going at certain points and where I was at what time.

2) I'm sure somebody mentioned this, but swap the time with speed so speed is big. Or maybe an option to re-organise them.

3) Maybe an option to create a KML file rather than a GPX file?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I downloaded the latest version, and it seems to have solved the problem of the bogus latitude and longitude values in the .gpx file. It also seems to have solved the problem of getting errors when sending the email!

A great program is even better - nice work Troy!

--

Chris Holt
    Dear Developer of fitTrack,

excuse my obvious dumbness, but how to i start taking readings of my track? When i fire up the application, i see the "find location" button. Pressing that i get an undefinite "Searching...". GPS is on, and other GPS-related programmes have no problem getting my location. I see no "start" button in the application screen. And so the programme does abssolutely nothing for me...What is the expected behaviour of the app after starting it up? Did i miss something?

Thanks,
    Stefan
    Disregard my previous message, on another fresh try, and it did work...after some "searching" i could start the data aquisition. One thing that still bothers me: Is there a way to change to metric units? I did not find any preferences screen...

Thank you very much,
    Stefan
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    fittrack has developed nicely. I have had total success sine the last update except when the gps fails to locate. It's not this app, googlemaps, sprintnav, all just stop working. I had some delusory moment when I thought shaking the pre brought location. But no. It just leaves me nonexistant. So the reason for this post is to ask why, not to get metaphysical, -why does gps on this device seem to suck? Even when I reboot, which I should not have to do?
  19.    #99  
    I am trying to finish up an update that will fix some issues.
    It will have a preferences screen for our metric friends and a help menu.
    It should fix the calculations for average pace/speed.

Also, for the not faint at heart check out this mod for the pre that enables autonomous GPS. Read that as, do not need a data connection. This means (probably) no more long searching for an accurate fix.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ed-cached.html

I would do it to mine but I have to stay un modded to know how the average fittrack user would experience.
  20.    #100  
    I posted an update to FitTrack so it should be showing up soon. Added a preferences screen so metric units can now be selected.

I fixed some issues with the data so the values should be right on now. This is getting pretty close to where I want it to be to post to the app catalog.