Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Great app. It was worked well for me, at least mile & distance worked. On statistics, "average pace" was the same as the pace on the primary screen, when i finished my run. I assumed the Pace should be current pace, and average be the average over the run time. I know it wasn't accurate, considering I finished 4 miles in 40 min (yeah, I'm slow), but my "average pace" was listed as 14 minutes, I would have thought average would be 10. The current pace was at 14 minutes, because I stop the tracking after I stopped running and was walking.

An update, if possible, would be the ability to force the screen to invert. I run with an armband, and it would be nice to be able to look down at the screen and see the stats easily, instead of trying to contort my arm to read the stats. I guess I could punch a hole in the bottom of the armband so I could insert the phone upside down, but that might make my headset cable too short.

Thanks for the app!
    Just tried it for the first time while cycling. Seemed to work quite well.

Time, Distance and average speed all seemed accurate, however 'Pace' reported N/A and 'Speed (MPH)' reported 0.00. Have those not been implemented yet?

Thanks for developing this, looks like it will be a great app.
    Downloaded and tried the app this weekend. It worked great except for one thing, the pause and resume function. I stopped to talk to someone and hit pause, when started going again and hit resume the only thing that resumed was the timer. The speed and distance reading stayed where they were when I hit pause. Anyone else have that problem?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyBSandi View Post
    Downloaded and tried the app this weekend. It worked great except for one thing, the pause and resume function. I stopped to talk to someone and hit pause, when started going again and hit resume the only thing that resumed was the timer. The speed and distance reading stayed where they were when I hit pause. Anyone else have that problem?
    I had the same problem a few days ago and was just logging in to see if this was a known issue.
  5.    #65  
    I posted a big update to the homebrew apps. Pause is fixed, gpx is easier to copy and paste, reset works, the gpx email shows a summary of the workout. Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I love this app and use it every day. Last night, when I discovered the update, I was delighted and tried it right away. It registered the gpx and gave me the email option. Since I hadn't actually moved, I didn't send to try putting it in gEarth or anywhere. But today when I went with the dogs running, the gps through Fittrack wasn't finding my location, though through google maps it was. I have tried everything; reload, reboot, rejigger location services. To no avail. I thought it might be the cloudy day? But then the sun came out and it still didn't work no matter where I was. Now the clouds are back, and it's as if they have invaded my mentalscape since my fave app of the world isn't working for me. Thanks for your hard work. Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I downloaded 7.53 but cannot see reference to gpx or email options. What am I missing?
  8.    #68  
    To get to the GPX function you have to start the app and press pause. That will expose the button. I think I will switch it to just have it disabled until a little data is collected.

As for the GPS not finding the location, I am still not sure. It has happened to me while testing a few times. If you look in google maps and see a really big circle around the blue dot it means the GPS is not finding an accurate location. I tried everything to get it to work but the only thing that fixed it for me was time. I just had to let it site for a while. I think it may have to do with how palm responds to the GPS radio requests but still not sure.
    Hey, this program looks like it could be exactly what I need to track my bike rides. I gave the new version a try, but after a 1 hour ride, the first couple of times I tried the email button, it returned a "Script interrupt, timeout exceeded. The device is having trouble finding a good signal". Eventually the email window popped up, but with 10,000 lines, it severely slowed my phone to a halt, and eventually gave a "memory full, too many cards" message, despite FitTrack & the email window being the only things open. It wouldn't even let me save the email as a draft. This method of reporting that you made is not a realistic way to handle it. Surely there must be some way it can just save the GPX data to the palm itself, either that or another way to handle the emails so that 1 hour of data won't overload it?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply, Troy. I can see that full functionality is growing near and I hope to soon give the "pause" queue for gpx a test. However, the issue with 7.53 appears to be that it is unable to connect to three satellites On three attempts, all I get is "Searching." In each instance, I used the telephone's ##477# to verify that at least three satellites are above the horizon.
    I gave FitTrack another try today, this time with a 24 minute walk. It was able to successfully email, and then import into Google Maps, although I can definitely see how after a half hour or so, the data is just too big for the Pre's memory to handle. Which is a shame, because this program is otherwise great.

Also, another thing I noticed - I tried to track a route while riding a bus, and every time we got above 25 MPH, it would lose the GPS signal (even though google maps was able to keep up with it). I realize that this program isn't made for tracking vehicle use, but why does that cause a problem?
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Hey fusoya, I'm glad to hear that you can get a satellite fix. I have had no joy since upgrading to 7.53 and now 7.54.
    Troy,

I gave your updated program another try, would love to have a good app like this for my biking and running. I've got built 0.7054

I was near a larger city. The program had not problem finding the satellites, much improved from last versions!

I rode for about 90 minutes, then tried to email the GPX file. After a few seconds I got a "script interrupt, timeout exceeded" error. After reading other posts, I understand this is a common error due to large data amounts.

It might be better to save the data to a txt file on the Pre, where we only have to change the extension into GPX after the download.

Also it appears that the distance shown is about 20% more than really traveled, the vertical feet traveled are way more, probably by a factor of 20, even though the vertical accuracy is shown to be 8.0 ft

Thanks for providing the program for free!
    Global Posts
    770 Global Posts
    cool app.. I tried this on a sailing trip yesterday, but I think it was too much data for it 7hr trip, when trying to email it got a script timeout error
    -mark
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I used the most recent version to track a 33 min run, it worked out great. I ran both FitTrack and WorkOut Tracker at the same time and they both showed very simliar results except Fit Track seemed to calculate my pace wrong or at least differently. FitTrack showed 12:38 min/mi, but WorkOut Tracker correctly calculated my pace at 10 min/mi (it was 33.5 minutes / 3.35 miles = ~10 mins.

I used the email GPX function on FitTrack after the run, the file was a bit large and I got some error messages when I first tried to send the email, but I was able to email it after closing out all other programs. After I received the email on my desktop and saved it to a .txt file and then changed the file extension to .gpx, I was then was able to upload it to MapMyRun.com and see it overlaid on a map using a free account. The tracked route looks pretty accurate to me, thanks to those who are putting time in to developing this app!
    Want to read new posts on PreCentral without the off-topic garbage? Bookmark this link here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/search....tnew&exclude=6 or here for the mobile forums (orange button plus click the link to copy the URL):
    http://m.forums.precentral.net/searc...tnew&exclude=6
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by fusoya View Post
    ... Surely there must be some way it can just save the GPX data to the palm itself, either that or another way to handle the emails so that 1 hour of data won't overload it?
    I only wish there was. There is no file access in WebOS at this point. If there was a way then I would use it. That is why no other GPS apps let you save anything. They let you store stuff in a database or import from a file transfered to the phone but no saving can be done. It really sucks. I thought this would work well until Palm allows file saving. I still have some ideas though....

Quote Originally Posted by RRaburn View Post
    ... the issue with 7.53 appears to be that it is unable to connect to three satellites On three attempts, all I get is "Searching." In each instance, I used the telephone's ##477# to verify that at least three satellites are above the horizon.
    I have seen this issue before but I do not think it is FitTrack. When you see this again open Google Maps and see how big of an area it thinks you are in. FitTrack does not and cannot start until it knows where you are within 30 meters. I think it is a data issue back to Palm's servers for the GPS data. It seems to affect all GPS enabled apps including sprint navigation.

Quote Originally Posted by fusoya View Post
    ... Also, another thing I noticed - I tried to track a route while riding a bus, and every time we got above 25 MPH, it would lose the GPS signal (even though google maps was able to keep up with it). I realize that this program isn't made for tracking vehicle use, but why does that cause a problem?
    I use my car to test the app all the time. That is not the problem. If you walked underneath a steel overhang or something like that you would also loose your signal. I bet it is the bus roof distorting the radio signal. Again, see how big of a circle Google maps thinks you are in. It should be only a dot. If there is a circle around you that is how inaccurate the signal is.

Quote Originally Posted by liggy View Post
    ...It might be better to save the data to a txt file on the Pre, where we only have to change the extension into GPX after the download....
    I wish I could

...Also it appears that the distance shown is about 20% more than really traveled, ...
    How do you know this? Did you use MapMyRun.com? If so I have noticed when comparing to enterprise GIS software that this site is off by quite a bit. If something else please let me know so I can look into this.

the vertical feet traveled are way more, probably by a factor of 20, even though the vertical accuracy is shown to be 8.0 ft...
    Yes this is a known issue. I put in the vertical tracking but it accumulates every up or down in elevation. I need to filter it better because right now if you travel over fairly flat ground the altitude will flutter back and forth accumulating as it goes along.

Quote Originally Posted by Galtish View Post
    ...Fit Track seemed to calculate my pace wrong or at least differently. FitTrack showed 12:38 min/mi, but WorkOut Tracker correctly calculated my pace at 10 min/mi (it was 33.5 minutes / 3.35 miles = ~10 mins....
    There is an issue with the timer in FitTrack. Because I have added more calculations it slows the timer down. I need to fix it.

Thanks for all the feedback. You guys are making FitTrack better just by using it and reporting back what is good or bad. I have some ideas to fix the issues presented. I am going to keep the email gpx function in the app but will probably trim out points to limit the size. This will be less resolution but at least it will be email-able.

I ran 3 miles tonight to test it out as well. I had 1400 GPS points in the GPX and did not get the script timeout issue. Can you please post how many points you have when you try to email a GPX? This will help me know what to trim it down to. Also let me know what email service you are using to see if it makes a difference. I use my gmail account.
    Last edited by troymiller; 10/11/2009 at 09:34 PM.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Troy, thanks for making this app. I'm going to install it tomorrow and start testing it out. I've had a loop through the woods locally, and wondered how many miles I've been traveling for a while; this seems to be a great and helpful tool here
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Device Info > Reset Options > Restart
    (WARNING be careful to only press Restart as you can otherwise erase everything in your Pre!)

Next I walked around the block and emailed a 75KB .txt file containing 185 points that I renamed .gpx before importing to a map program.

Both MapMyRide and EveryTrail warned that the script file would cause computer slowdown and asked if I wanted to exit? Heck no! As a result I found that I walked 11,759,404,088 miles! Oh well, I'll try again soon.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I love this app and have been using it for quite a while. I just went for a 2 mile walk and tried to use the resulting .gpx file in Google Earth and mapmyrun.com. Both show that I walked pretty much around the world (I actually only walked 2.1 miles )

Anyone else having problems with the gpx file?

Chris Holt
  20.    #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by crholt View Post
    I love this app and have been using it for quite a while. I just went for a 2 mile walk and tried to use the resulting .gpx file in Google Earth and mapmyrun.com. Both show that I walked pretty much around the world (I actually only walked 2.1 miles )

Anyone else having problems with the gpx file?

Chris Holt
    Could you send me your GPX file? I send you a PM with my email address.

Thanks,
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast