Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Finishing that rambling mess of features and other stuff...

OTHER
    12. There are lots of features and functions that could be added. Knock Ďem out one at a time to keep it simple. Also, keep the stuff up at Google Code so I can get my developers to contribute back if they have a chance.

Sidenote: Imagine wearing the wristwatch HRM, a foot pod, an armband GPS, a chest belt HRM, and an arm band MP3 player and headphones. Thatís what I would have to go through to track & enjoy my runs. I stuck with a simple watch and MP3 player until your software. Your FitTrack has a place for most casual and semi-professional athletes. Now we just need Belkin to make a sports armband for the Pre. I use this in the meantime: Audio iPelican Case

Iím currently comparing MapMyRun & RunThere where they fit in with SW like yours. Keep focusing on core app stability, GPS tracking (even unpublished API calls) and data storage/downloads. The users Iím sure will appreciate it as word spreads.

Thanks.
    =====================================
    =:-D

RunThere - http://runthere.com/fitblog.php?u=7284

Other Ramblings - http://damienfuentes.wordpress.com/
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by troymiller View Post
    Just posed the new version.
    Posted the new version where? All the versions I can find (google code site, PreCentral Apps site, both threads) still show the last one from 4 days ago (0.7.49). It would be great if this was part of the feeds accessible via Preware so we could update it from our Pre's.
  3.    #43  
    Thanks for all the input.

I agree with much of what you say demian_9. The main thing I want to do first is make the data the best it can be. Once that happens adding features will be simple in comparison.

The latest version is .49. What I meant is I posted 0.7.49 to the homebrew list. I released .49 to the dev thread because I can get feedback before posting to the wider homebrew list. WebOS 1.2 will be out soon and you will be able to copy the link location easier so updating the dev build will be much easier.
    I'm willing to take on some coding and/or testing work based on the priorities the users here want/need first. I know calorie counting in itself may not be a high value initial feature but it is a useful thing for new people who begin a fitness regimen. I found the interface on the DailyBurn.com website to be helpful initially for me on order to estimate and track the number of calories I eat. (After doing that for a month or two, I have a much better idea on what my portions need to be, and I've gotten lazy about entering data. It is nice to have a record of both exercise and nutrition as it helps people to stay on track. I'm guessing this is what FitTrack is/will be all about.

I'm happy to take on some isolated pieces of development/test work and/or engage in discussions here to help flesh out how new features might best be designed. I'm totally new to WebOS but I'll pitch in and learn what I need as long as I have available time. I guess my first step is to download and unpack the .ipk so I can get an idea of what's there and how it works.

Regarding the OSM idea, I'm mostly interested in being able to track a route and export it in GPX format. It sounds like troymiller said that he can't write files to the device with the current WebOS SDK. If that's the case, can we install a web server on the Pre and send http get strings to the web server for data collection.

Note: I don't want to step on what others are doing or what people want. I used the program once while on a walk (I'm more out of shape than most of you, but we all have to start somewhere) and I like how quickly FitTrack recognized change in direction, etc. Hopefully I'll soon get a better idea of the sorts of analytics that FitTrack needs.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  5.    #45  
    bclancy,

I would love the development help. I need to distill down the requests so far and evaluate where I am at with the code and then I will have a list of stuff that needs to be done.

You wont need to unpack the file. The code is on google code.

FYI here are some links to get to the code as well as our current "Dev" thread.

Google code site.
    pretracker - Project Hosting on Google Code

SVN app I use with eclipse.
    subclipse: Download and Install

Dev Thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...velopment.html

We should bring any dev related items to the dev thread as leave this for requests and user support.

Thanks Guys!!!
    Tried this at lunch today. The latest version that is suppose to keep the GPS active. It didn't stay active with no music app running. in fact after a 2.7 mile walk where signal was good throughout, total distance ended up being .26 miles. In 26 minutes.
    I downloaded the the app this morning and when I tap the "Find Location" button, I get a "Get Location Error:{"errorCode":4}" message. I deleted app, rebooted, and reinstalled app....getting same error message.
    There's no greater feeling than riding a Hayabusa going 180+ on an open road!
  8.    #48  
    I need to look into the error code 4 thing but to be sure did you enable GPS and the location services?

Packpackpack are you running the latest version? Check filecoaster or preware.
    I need to look into the error code 4 thing but to be sure did you enable GPS and the location services?

Packpackpack are you running the latest version? Check filecoaster or preware.
    Yes, 0.7.49. I'll try it again this weekend.

I had the GPS Toggle app installed and tapped it to make sure my gps was on. After getting the error code, I deleted both apps, rebooted the pre, and reinstalled FitTrack only still got the same error message. Do you think GPS Toggle app might have something to do with it?
    Just to make sure we're on the same page, how can I make sure GPS and the location services is enable?
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Used FitTrack again this a.m. with the dogs on a walk. For old time's sake pressed the "Show Map" button and was delighted to see it link up with Google Maps. I can feel the route maps brewing. The work being done on this app is terrific. The tracking has been smoothing out recently. While it stays on, it doesn't keep a live screen. Would that take too much juice? Thanks for your work people. While calorie counting is cool, mapping is the thing itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by demian_9 View Post
    wris****ch
    That's priceless
    Is it possible to modify the code to include an option to measure distance in kilometers for us canadian users?
  15.    #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by muggax View Post
    Just to make sure we're on the same page, how can I make sure GPS and the location services is enable?
    Go to location services and make sure "Auto Locate" and "Use GPS" are on.

Quote Originally Posted by myprecious View Post
    Used FitTrack again this a.m. with the dogs on a walk. For old time's sake pressed the "Show Map" button and was delighted to see it link up with Google Maps. I can feel the route maps brewing. The work being done on this app is terrific. The tracking has been smoothing out recently. While it stays on, it doesn't keep a live screen. Would that take too much juice? Thanks for your work people. While calorie counting is cool, mapping is the thing itself.
    It seems like most people don't constantly look at the GPS so having the screen off does save power. The GPS does pull more juice so any savings there is a good thing. Down the road there might be a user option to keep the screen on.

Quote Originally Posted by jfstevens View Post
    Is it possible to modify the code to include an option to measure distance in kilometers for us canadian users?
    The code is in place to allow a toggle for metric units but it has not been implemented yet. If I get a chance I might make a metric build and post it to google code.
    Go to location services and make sure "Auto Locate" and "Use GPS" are on.

It seems like most people don't constantly look at the GPS so having the screen off does save power. The GPS does pull more juice so any savings there is a good thing. Down the road there might be a user option to keep the screen on.

The code is in place to allow a toggle for metric units but it has not been implemented yet. If I get a chance I might make a metric build and post it to google code.
    Great - thanks! Assuming you do get a chance to post an update to google code, how would I access it? I've never used that before...
    Quote Originally Posted by packpackpack View Post
    Tried this at lunch today. The latest version that is suppose to keep the GPS active. It didn't stay active with no music app running. in fact after a 2.7 mile walk where signal was good throughout, total distance ended up being .26 miles. In 26 minutes.
    Tried this twice this past weekend with very good results. I have no idea what happened the other day, but this time it worked well. I even received a phone call with good results on the tracker.

Thanks...
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    I brushed up against my Pre during the middle of a run. I was 100% it was a personal best run for me on this route. The brush caused the app to stop running.

Could a confirmation dialog be added to ask if you are sure you want to stop?

If nothing is selected then the app continues after say 10seconds.

If yes is selected then the app stops the timer based on the time of the original 'stop' tap. 0-10seconds earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    I brushed up against my Pre during the middle of a run. I was 100% it was a personal best run for me on this route. The brush caused the app to stop running.

If yes is selected then the app stops the timer based on the time of the original 'stop' tap. 0-10seconds earlier.

I'd second this. I am almost certain that is what caused my problem the other day. A confirm dialog sounds great.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by jfstevens View Post
    Great - thanks! Assuming you do get a chance to post an update to google code, how would I access it? I've never used that before...
    It will be a link to download an ipk file. What I have been doing is on my computer I will copy the link location and send myself an email with that link inside it. I open the email on my pre and click reply. This lets me select the URL and copy it. I then paste it into fileCoaster and let it download and install.
    There are other ways like downloading it to your computer and side loading with WebOS Quick Install but my workaround does the job. A few of those steps can be skipped once WebOS 1.2 comes out and you can copy the URL directly from the web page.

Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post

That sounds like a good thing to have as an option but for now make sure to use the power button to lock the pre so you cant hit the stop button. Congrats on your personal best though.

Time is a little short for me right now so dev from me is going to slow a little. Don't worry it won't stop. The data is the most important for me right now. Hopefully we can get a few other people to improve the UI features that everyone is requesting.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast