Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    BTW, what is the sample rate in Fittrack? (The app on my old Treo was limited to storing a trackpoint once every 10 seconds.) Looking at the last map of my ride, it looks like Fittrack was sampling about every 4 seconds or so (just guessing from the look of my map.)
    FitTrack samples as often as the GPS service will allow which at worst is every 5 seconds and at best every 1 second. If yours was sampling every 4 seconds then either you took a long track or the signal was low. What color was the GPS indicator?

Quote Originally Posted by fizban_tx View Post
    -For a feature request, have you looked at storing the trackpoints as rows in a Database so you can store them without writing to the filesystem? This way we could store mulitple tracks? I believe one of the other GPS apps on the pre does this...

-Or maybe a special Preware vs that uses Filemgr to store locally?
    Yes this is on the list. I plan to be able to store routes. I am limited on time which is why is has not been written yet.

I was looking into the filemgr service. I might just do some kind of preware custom feed.

The email GPX can be limiting because if you export too many points it times out the email service. I limit the total points by a divisor to keep the number under the limit. This would allow full resolution GPX files. Who knows, maybe Palm will release some kind of file service soon.
  2.    #182  
    Released a new version of FitTrack that calls the GPS service differently. Anyone notice faster or better GPS fix times?
    I'm trying to import a .gpx file into mapmyride. I have emailed a FitTrack session and it instructs me to "Cut and Copy below this line and paste into a blank file. Save as .gpx". How do I open a blank file? I'm using Windows Vista. Thanks in advance.
  4.    #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelinthesun View Post
    I'm trying to import a .gpx file into mapmyride. I have emailed a FitTrack session and it instructs me to "Cut and Copy below this line and paste into a blank file. Save as .gpx". How do I open a blank file? I'm using Windows Vista. Thanks in advance.
    Try this. On the start menu, search for notepad. Now paste your gpx data into notepad. Go to file and save as.. Then save it with a name but put .gpx on the end. Also make sure the file type is set to all files or *.* sometimes notepad acts strange and the file ends up being called 'file.gpx.txt' so watch out for that.

Thanks,
    -Troy
  5.    #185  
    FitTrack is on sale for .99 cents in the App Catalog.

I am also working on an update that allows for tracking workouts. I will need a few people to help test so if you are interested PM me. This will be for people who have purchased FitTrack.

Thanks,
    -Troy
  6.    #186  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottr1 View Post
    Hi,

I encounter problems about the total distance traveled when the GPS signal is suddendly lost.
    Just after captured a good signal the total distance increase of some kms.

I encounter this pb with v0.84
    I will look into this but it should only be accepting GPS points with fairly good accuracy. Also, v0.8.7 is the current version. You should upgrade to the latest version.
  7.    #187  
    If anyone is interested in testing and checking out an alpha version of FitTrack let me know.
    The fitness web site my wife is using with this awesome app will allow her to email up the GPX data - but only as an attachment. For now, she has to email herself, save in a file, and upload via the web... which works, but the email dropbox would be far easier... so please log this as a feature request.

She loves the app - it's working perfectly on her Pixi.
  9.    #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by twamey View Post
    The fitness web site my wife is using with this awesome app will allow her to email up the GPX data - but only as an attachment. For now, she has to email herself, save in a file, and upload via the web... which works, but the email dropbox would be far easier... so please log this as a feature request.

She loves the app - it's working perfectly on her Pixi.
    That is great to hear your wife loves the app. Yes, I would love to have a better solution for exporting GPX data but I don't have the server resources right now to offer that. Once Palm releases File creation capabilities into webOS I will build something immediately to deal with it.

Thanks for the report.
    -Troy
    After a week plus of using your application and uploading to MapMyTracks.com - my wife is consistently seeing different results between the two systems.

Example from Monday:

From FitTrack's email:
    FitTrack Session
    Time: 0:31:44
    Distance: 2.21
    Average Speed: 4.19
    Average Pace: 14:22
    Data Points: 1872

Upload GPX data to MapMyTracks.com:
    Time: 0:42:00
    Distance: 1.9 miles
    Average Speed: 2.7

When played-out on the website, the mapping is dead-on accurate (as it appears to be on FitTrack as well).

So far, this has been the case with every usage.

Thoughts?

Thanks much.
  11.    #191  
    I sent you a PM. I can confirm the distance you are seeing with the enterprise GIS software I have access to.

Thanks,
    -Troy
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910