- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    WWBWS?

(What would Bill W. Say?)

Before or after Ebby got a hold of him?

M.
    To all,

I've been working quite a lot on Simple Big Book in my spare time the past couple weeks. Honestly, it's almost a complete rewrite at this point. It looks basically the same (meaning mostly same menu items as such) but it's much faster and consistent.

I've just upgraded my Pre- to webOS2.1 yesterday only to find SBB doesn't work with webOS2.*. I'll see if I can fix it as fast as possible. With Palm's/HP's stupid idea to not lift the NDA on a 3 month old shipping product, it's going to be a lot of guess work, so I can't really give a time frame...

Just lettin' y'all know!

M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu73 View Post
    To all,

I've been working quite a lot on Simple Big Book in my spare time the past couple weeks. Honestly, it's almost a complete rewrite at this point. It looks basically the same (meaning mostly same menu items as such) but it's much faster and consistent.

I've just upgraded my Pre- to webOS2.1 yesterday only to find SBB doesn't work with webOS2.*. I'll see if I can fix it as fast as possible. With Palm's/HP's stupid idea to not lift the NDA on a 3 month old shipping product, it's going to be a lot of guess work, so I can't really give a time frame...

Just lettin' y'all know!

M.

To clarify and update:

I see what's wrong and I have a test version working on webOS 2.1. I'm trying to get it to a state that (hopefully) rboatright can push to the catalog "quickly".

I'll have to quick finish some of the back end changes I've made so the whole thing can be released. I'll just comment out some of the "new and not yet finished" (read as: "broken!") stuff I'm still working on so it'll at least work for people...

M.
    Well, I don't know why it was totally bonked when I installed it. I've reinstalled it a couple times straight from the App Catalog and it's running fine for me now. I dunno. Still, I have put a good amount of work into this app and have an updated version mostly ready. I just need to get a couple more things working so the general population can actually *use* the thing.

None of the changes are earth shattering or anything, but they all increase the over-all usability of the app both in appearance and function. I hope to be able to "upgrade" the app cookie with some of the new settings, but I'm having problems with that and may require that the old one be abandoned and the app start using a new one exclusively. That's not a huge deal by any means because the only real User Preference that's being stored right now is the font size (outside of the chapter you were last at, anyway).

Anyway, it seems that there was just something goofy with my phone that it didn't want to work, but, that if others are having an issue with Simple Big Book opening, try removing it and reinstalling it.

M.
    Just a quick note to anyone who is still watching this thread:

I'm pretty close to considering my "re-work" done. I'm proof reading the entire thing right now. I've already spell checked it, but there's many errors I've noticed over the past year+ that make it through that. I'm looking for all that. Not exactly fun, but, at least I will be able to say "Yes, I've read the (basic part of the) Big Book cover to cover!" :-)

Many fixes, few neat new features, and a consistent look and feel, all coming! Don't worry!

M.
    Last edited by Xanadu73; 04/19/2011 at 10:18 PM.
    thank you.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567