Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Did you intentionally exclude Dr. Bob's Nightmare? I don't see it in the Chapter list.

If that wasn't your intention. I just finished numbering it. I'll email it over if you want.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Oh and by the way, Rick, I sent you and email last night and apparently gmail auto-adds you to my contact list and this moring you showed up in my Pre's contacts list. Picture and all!!! Good Looking young man!! LOL
  3.    #43  
    Re "good looking" and "young" Ha!

Re chapters, we've finished all of them.

Rick
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    did you see my post re: Dr Bob's Nightmare?
  5.    #45  
    we did not exclude it on purpose.

It should be in the "later tonight" version.

Rick
    My screwup on that one. Somehow it got lost in the index list. I think it was a versioning problem. We've been too lazy to set up a repository situation.

-- John
  7.    #47  
    0.0.4 posted. all chapters formatted, all page numbers in, feature complete except for search INCLUDING sobriety calculator.

Please advise if you find any problems.

In particular tell us what you think of our handling of page 65.

Thanks

Rick & John
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Aww man, I wish I had remembered about that 4th step on pg 65. I have acquired some pretty decent skills with html table formatting.

I took the liberty of going ahead and formatting the 4th step found on pg 65 of the BB in an HTML Table....I built it to the dimensions of 320x480...which is the dimensions of the Pre's screen of course.... [you may have to convert the width to 100% instead of 320 so it's scalable for when users change the font size in your preferences]

Anyway, 480 turned out to be too long for it so I shortened it a bit....when I thought about it the height didn't matter so much as the width cuz users will just scroll to see the entire length....anyway, here is a screen shot.

The html table code is below and in the text file I attached. I didn't have a copy of the original howitworks.html with the complete chapter or I would have cut and pasted it into that and emailed it to you, Rick. But you can do the same when if you decide to use this....

Code:
    <table align="center" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="width: 320px; height: 375px;">
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" style="width: 30%;"><em>I'm resentful at:</em></td>
    <td valign="top" style="padding-left: 2pt; width: 37%;"><em>The Cause</em></td>
    <td valign="top" style="width: 33%;"><em>Affects my:</em></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td align="left" rowspan="4" valign="top">Mr. Brown</td>
    <td valign="top">His attention to my <br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">wife</span></td>
    <td align="left" valign="top">Sex Relations<br />Self-esteem (fear)</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">Told my wife of my <br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">mistress</span></td>
    <td>Sex Relations<br />Self-esteem (fear)</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top">Brown may get my <br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">job at the office</span></td>
    <td>Security<br />Self-esteem(fear)</td>
    </tr>
    <tr valign="top" style="height: 5px;">
    <td valign="top" style="height: 5px;"></td>
    <td valign="top" style="height: 5px;"></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td align="left" valign="top">Mrs. Jones</td>
    <td valign="top">She's a nut - She<br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">snubbed me. She</span><br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">committed her hus-</span><br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">band for drinking.<br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">He's my friend.</span><br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">She's a gossip.</span></span></td>
    <td valign="top">Self-esteem(fear)<br />Security</td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td align="left" valign="top">My employer</td>
    <td valign="top">Unreasonable-Unjust<br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">-Overbearing-</span><br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">Threatens to fire<br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">me for drinking</span><br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">and padding my ex-</span><br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">pense account.</span></span></td>
    <td valign="top">Self-esteem(fear)<br />Security<br /></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td align="left" valign="top">My wife</td>
    <td valign="top">Misunderstands and<br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">nags. Likes Brown.</span><br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">Wants house put in</span><br /><span style="padding-left: 4pt;">her name.</span></td>
    <td valign="top">Pride - Personal<br />sex relations - <br />Security(fear)</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>
    I hope you like!

By the way, I absolutely LOVE the recovery calculator!!!!! ROFLMAO
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by drewp; 09/14/2009 at 03:02 AM.
    just wanted to say thanks. i was looking for this on many different apps for different phones. the best i could do is copy a pdf on to the phone. yours is perfect. thank you for your service you kept me sober through another day. joe
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    In fact another idea might be to just use an < img src = " path/to/image/file/image.png"> reference in place of a table altogether.

Of course it would be an image of the 4th step like the one above.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Glad your staying sober Joe!! Keep up the good work!! Pray, use your network, clean house and help others.

Now if we can only get the 12&12 into an app, lol
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    how does the recovery calculator work? i open it up from the menu, and i just get a page that says "youve got ONE day. Join the club!"
    there are no option to enter your sobriety date, or anything
    help please
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    Glad your staying sober Joe!! Keep up the good work!! Pray, use your network, clean house and help others.

Now if we can only get the 12&12 into an app, lol
    +1!!!!!
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by LTracte View Post
    how does the recovery calculator work? i open it up from the menu, and i just get a page that says "youve got ONE day. Join the club!"
    there are no option to enter your sobriety date, or anything
    help please
    LTracte, it's a statement of philosophy.

We all only have today, one day at a time. My abstinence is not assured even today without my working my program and depending on my higher power.

That said, we will add the phrase, "Remember, the program works one day at a time," to the bottom of the recovery calculator to ensure that everyone gets the intended humor. :-)

Rick
  15.    #55  
    DrewP -- Do you think we should put in an alternate colored text that says "This table best viewed in landscape mode" ahead of the table?
    >>thank you for your service you kept me sober through another day.

Not us, your H.P. (although my grandiosity would LOVE to believe that!). ;-)

-- John K.
    >>Now if we can only get the 12&12 into an app, lol

Ahhh... those pesky copyright laws!!!

See this link from someone who tried already:

Recovery related free stuff.

The sales of these books (the ones listed on that website) are the main source of income for AA. Can't fault them for that -- more good is probably done with that income than freebie books handed out.

-- John K.
    Drew -
    I actually did just this myself and Rick said it was illegible on his Pre (I don't have one yet, ironically). It looks fine on the emulator, but it's hard to get people to carry around the emulator ;-)

We toyed with your suggestion of landscape mode... but it just seemed pretty difficult to force people to do this. We think this is the best we could come up with for now.

But we're open to suggestions.

I think it's pretty straightforward -- although perhaps having one color for the first column, another for the second column and a third color for the rightmost column would help.

What do people think about this?

-- John L.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rboatright View Post
    LTracte, it's a statement of philosophy.

We all only have today, one day at a time. My abstinence is not assured even today without my working my program and depending on my higher power.

That said, we will add the phrase, "Remember, the program works one day at a time," to the bottom of the recovery calculator to ensure that everyone gets the intended humor. :-)

Rick
    There used to be an app for the old PalmOS that would calulate days between dates that worked well for a sobriety calculator. Wish someone would make one for the Pre.

I guess it might work in Classic.
    Hi for those of us who have compiled our own e-references (e.g. in Word format) it would be cool if someone could outline the steps/procedures on how to convert this to WebOS using the framework of Simple Bible and Simple Big Book

Thanks
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast