Page 1 of 23 123456 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Version 0.3.0 - Released 2010-03-15

Keyring for webOS stores your account information securely, so you don't have to rely on your memory, or on little scraps of paper. Sensitive data are encrypted using the Blowfish algorithm, and protected by a master password. Supports import/export to URL, file or clipboard. A Java utility is available to convert from CodeWallet, eWallet, GnuKeyring and CSV formats.

Keyring is released under the GPLv3.

It's available in the Homebrew Gallery and directly from my site Source is on GitHub.

If you have problems, check the help scene. If you see a "Show Errors" link near the top, click it, then send me an email describing the problem and include the errors that are displayed.

You can file bugs and feature requests via the github "issues" system. This requires a (free) github login, but don't be shy, I'm always interested in hearing about problems. Please check the existing bugs first, in case you're not the first to encounter it.

Version 0.3.0 - 2010-03-15
    - Creating a new item no longer requires explicit save, so you won't lose data if the app times out before you save.
    - Tapping in the title field while editing no longer creates spurious records.
    - Fixed bug in duplicate item title detection.
    - Fixed a bug where after importing a large number of records, not all of them would be immediately visible in the scrolling list.
    - Pretty new icon courtesy of Alberto Dominguez (chav1to).
    - Changed app startup mechanism to reduce resource consumption.
    - Fixed item scene formatting problems under webOS 1.4.

Version 0.2.0 - 2010-01-10
    - Data is now stored in the database as a single encrypted blob, rather than the former mix of encrypted and cleartext structured data. A salt is prepended to the data prior to encryption, to work around a deficiency in the Palm Mojo.Model.encrypt API.
    - Keyring always prompts for a password at launch, and the "locked at launch" preference has been removed.
    - A new "On Lockout" option, "Close App" is available for the paranoid. It will cause Keyring to close itself whenever there is a timeout of the app is deactivated/minimized.
    - Cosmetic changes to the "Keyring locked" scene.
    - The converter has been updated to add salt when encrypting.

Version 0.1.3 - 2010-01-03
    - Work around a webOS 1.3.5 bug in JSON.parse that was breaking categories on import.

Version 0.1.2 - 2010-01-02
    - Import now cleans data before attempting to parse, making import-from-clipboard more robust.

Version 0.1.1 - 2010-01-01
    - Fixed bugs in clipboard import, category addition, first item deletion & item-list sorting.
    - Removed upgrade support for original db format in versions 0.0.1 & 0.0.2.

Version 0.1.0 - 2009-12-20
    - Added item categories, filtering by category and category management.
    - Display of created/changed/viewed dates now on one line.
    - Added prefs option (default true) to hide empty fields in item view. This makes it practical to use Keyring as a secure memo system.
    - Typedown filtering is now case-insensitive.
    - Built a Java utility to convert from PalmOS Keyring to Keyring for webOS.
    - Status line at the top of the item list shows sorting and category.
    - Added change password function.
    - Verifies password before changing sort order.
    - Importer is more robust, and will handle older data formats.

Version 0.0.6 - 2009-10-05
    - Fix dumb bug in display of master password dialog.

Version 0.0.5 - 2009-10-04
    - Added an "initializing" scene to fix bug where the "create master password"
    dialog would show up at launch (race condition with depot loading).
    - Option to ask for a password at launch.
    - Added more options for lockout behavior.
    - Tidied up import & export code.
    - Added "Change Log" section to Help scene.

Version 0.0.4 - 2009-09-29
    - Fixed a bug in the db upgrader
    - Fixed a few import/export bugs
    - Added error display to the help scene for user debugging
    - Fixed an edge case bug where a password might not be hidden after a timeout.

Version 0.0.3 - 2009-09-27
    - Added import/export
    - Fixed numerous bugs
    - Look and feel cleanup
    - Changed internal db format, and added db upgrade logic

Version 0.0.2 - 2009-09-08 - Fixed a couple bugs:
    - Generated passwords didn't get put into the db properly (doh!).
    - Changed values in focused fields were lost on timeout-initiated scene pop.

Homepage: Keyring for webOS

Contemplated Future Features
    • Separate View and Edit scenes, allowing better information density, tap-to-launch for the URL and easy copy-to-clipboard for name or password.
    • An option to pick a color for each category, which will be displayed in a subtle manner.
    • A periodic export-to-url system, possibly backed by an optional Google AppEngine service.
    • A better way to access Keyring data on your computer, via a Java utility.
    • A last-modified date for the entire db.
    • Optional autocomplete for usernames.
    • Ability to use the password generator on its own.
    • Option to fetch & display the favicon of the URL of an item.
    Last edited by krid; 02/01/2011 at 12:06 AM. Reason: New source for .ipk
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    tovivekmishra likes this.
    Sounds great. But there needs to be a way to back this information up or should say have two excat copy in two different locations.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Backup is one of the upcoming features, but it will have to be a bit hackish for now, since Palm doesn't provide any "blessed" API for writing to the media partition. One possibility is to mail the data somewhere, which is pretty cheesy, but it might work as a stopgap until Palm provides a real API.
    Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    This looks like it would be well worth to download. Thanks. Have you consider adding due date for the credit cards so it would alert when its due. Thanks!
    Ah another must have app, thank you for making this. I was getting slightly paranoid storing bank account info in the Memos app.
    Great app
    This is a great app and I thank you for it. Can you tell me if the database is stored when I backup my Pre? By backup I mean connecting it as a USB drive and copying the entire contents to my computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Ah another must have app, thank you for making this. I was getting slightly paranoid storing bank account info in the Memos app.
    I've been doing that and having my screen auto-lock... so annoying... this should alleviate that issue =)
    -Timeout doesnt appear to work... I've set it to 5 seconds and nothing happens... I also closed the app and re-opened it after 5 seconds and no prompt was presented for a password, I was let right in

-A "logout" button would be nice

looking good so far!
    is this similar to the keyring app that exists for PalmOS? And if so, any possibility of being able to import data from the PalmOS version?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Is this app at all related to keyring for PalmOS?
    Keyring for Palm OS: introduction

Edit: Oops! That's what happens when you start a post, then get interrupted by a phone call. Sorry for the repeat.
    Global Posts
    115 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    is this similar to the keyring app that exists for PalmOS? And if so, any possibility of being able to import data from the PalmOS version?
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Is this app at all related to keyring for PalmOS?
    Keyring for Palm OS: introduction

Edit: Oops! That's what happens when you start a post, then get interrupted by a phone call. Sorry for the repeat.
    It would be really great if we could somehow import the database from Keyring for Palm OS. I have many encrypted records that I would hate to retype in to this WebOS version.

Thanks... plee3
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Yes, Palm Keyring compatibility would be great. I use keepass on my desktop and it has a keyring converter, so that would give us a way to go from keepass->palmos->webos.

Rob Vonk - KeePass to Keyring converter
    isn't this like Splash ID? the name behind has a good reputation. now comes Keyring... a worthy competitor? what?
    Quote Originally Posted by getmoneyeveryday View Post
    isn't this like Splash ID?
    that's going to be a paid app
    great app I just don't want to enter all my info in and if I have to use webos doctor for any reason to re-enter everything.
    Global Posts
    769 Global Posts
    Why not save the encrypted file as an mp3? That way it gets synced along with music.
    Quote Originally Posted by drizek View Post
    Why not save the encrypted file as an mp3? That way it gets synced along with music.
    you're a genius. Great Idea! my fav killer song by dipset "certified gangsta"
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    that's going to be a paid app
    I, myself, kind of like paying for stuff thank you very much. These days it's generally difficult to trust any application that records all of my vitals (credit cards, passwords, account #'s) into some app that can possibly, transmit and leak, all your info to the hands of an intruder but who knows. Maybe so, I don't very often keep all my vitals in SplashID either (so no difference there.) But I feel so much better having it in more than 1 location as backup so that I can send commands to wipe out all stored data in the other location in event that I feel my security is being breached. oh btw.. i require offline backup only.. no wireless server backup. Yeah call me the paranoid type.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I love the app. Would it be better to prompt for the master password at launch, rather than when selecting an account? If someone with bad intentions were to get a hold of your phone, depending on your naming conventions they could know where you have accounts at, which is already more than they should know. Just thought I'd throw that out there
Page 1 of 23 123456 11 ... LastLast