Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    I just released 0.1.3, which fixes the problem with categories disappearing on import. Get it while it's hot. This is (hopefully) the end of my "release every day this year" streak.

Turns out this was due to a bug in 1.3.5. JSON.parse started silently ignoring numeric keys. I found a workaround, and filed a bug in Palm's bug forum:

JSON.parse silently drops numeric keys

I'm happy that this wasn't my mistake.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Twenty-four hours with Keyring, and I'm sold. My impressions: The program is simple and very clean. The export/import functions meet my needs without the need for a desktop app -- not that SplashID has one (cough cough). I know that there are similar programs out there, but I prefer Keyring.

If I had any code, I would gladly donate. Alas, all I have is gratitude so . . . THANK YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I am working on the importer for CSV format files. I have a basic version working, but it cannot currently handle certain aspects Microsoft's non-standard CSV format yet. I hope to have a more robust version ready in a day or so as I have time to work on it. It will take a CSV file with column labels in the first line to identify the fields (more detailed instructions will be provided with the working program).
    Sound like you're just going to drop a rough version of the CSV importer tool here within a few days for us to play with / try out / send you feedback or bug reports.

If you're looking for a Napoleon's ***** to help with Beta / instruction testing, please let me know via this thread or a PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenawayj View Post
    Sound like you're just going to drop a rough version of the CSV importer tool here within a few days for us to play with / try out / send you feedback or bug reports.

If you're looking for a Napoleon's ***** to help with Beta / instruction testing, please let me know via this thread or a PM.
    Thanks for the offer. I am going to leave the decision to krid of how to make it available, since he is the developer of the app. I could certainly package it up and host it somewhere, but the converter is hosted on his site, and I don't want to step on his toes. I will send it to him and let him review it and hopefully it will be available for testing shortly.

Now to spit-polish it and get some instructions written up...
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 01/04/2010 at 05:48 PM.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Now to spit-polish it and get some instructions written up...
    Hi,

thanks for that. This is what I was waiting for, because I do not like to key inn all my account. So they are still waiting to be imported into the Pre. One of the last things missing from my Palm TX migration.

HaPe

P.s.: The other one is a birthday reminder tool.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. Thanks for a great program!

I'm migrating from SplashID, and while doing some data transfer, I noticed that the category list in Keyring does not sort in alphabetical order. Would it be possible to have this?

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    I'm migrating from SplashID, and while doing some data transfer, I noticed that the category list in Keyring does not sort in alphabetical order. Would it be possible to have this?
    I added an issue for that:

Issues - krid/keyring - GitHub

Which is not to say it'll happen any time soon, but hey, you're on the list.

Y'all are welcome to add your bugs and feature requests to the Github issue tracker.

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krid View Post
    I added an issue for that:

Issues - krid/keyring - GitHub

Which is not to say it'll happen any time soon, but hey, you're on the list.

Y'all are welcome to add your bugs and feature requests to the Github issue tracker.
    Thanks. I'm patient...

And congrats on your nuptials...

Regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    I need some help. I would like to test my CodeWallet converter with export files created by versions of CodeWallet other than the one I have. I am using CodeWallet Pro 2006, Version 6.62, on Windows Mobile 6.1. I would like to have a test export file (not the wallet file itself) from the desktop version of the software, and from the PalmOS version. Preferably a couple different releases to check for export file format changes. I'd like just a test file with a few different types of cards in it -- password, website, credit card, etc. Just dummy records, no real data please!

PM me for my email address if you can help me out. Thanks!
    Looking through the posts it sounds like this is a great password manager software, but are there are plans to do a data import/conversion from eWallet? I've been using eWallet for Palm OS along with the desktop client for many years and I'd hate to type everything in again.
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy4vws View Post
    Looking through the posts it sounds like this is a great password manager software, but are there are plans to do a data import/conversion from eWallet? I've been using eWallet for Palm OS along with the desktop client for many years and I'd hate to type everything in again.
    PM'ed you. Send me a sample export file (of dummy data) and I will take a look at it. I'm not an encryption expert, so I'm not up to trying to figure out any native file formats. eWallet doesn't even import its own export format, so I'm not sure how well it would work. If it's not consistently formatted, everything would end up in the notes field. From stuff I've read read, they changed their export format at some point in a way that would make it difficult.
    PM'ed you. Send me a sample export file (of dummy data) and I will take a look at it. I'm not an encryption expert, so I'm not up to trying to figure out any native file formats. eWallet doesn't even import its own export format, so I'm not sure how well it would work. If it's not consistently formatted, everything would end up in the notes field. From stuff I've read read, they changed their export format at some point in a way that would make it difficult.
    Thanks for the help, I've sent you a few sample files from eWallet desktop.
    Many thanks for the App. One step more away from my old Palm TX.

Greetings from Austria
    beda22
    Outstanding app.

I appreciate the use of proper encryption and no limitation on my password length, thank you! Also, thanks for export/import.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Have been using Keyring on Palmos for years and easily got it into the Pre using your instructions. Your version is working fine. I also used to be able to read the backup file on my WIN XP PC rather than chase after my Palm. While I can get the database onto my PC via email is there a chance we can read it there as if I lost the Pre what would I read the data with?
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    Have been using Keyring on Palmos for years and easily got it into the Pre using your instructions. Your version is working fine.
    Glad to hear it.

While I can get the database onto my PC via email is there a chance we can read it there as if I lost the Pre what would I read the data with?
    That's definitely on my list. I have most of the Java code necessary to read the export format on your PC, I just need to add code to display the data. The first version will probably be command-line only, since I don't know Java GUI programming yet. Eventually there will be something that's at least functional, though probably not pretty.

In the mean time, if you really need to get at your data on the PC, you can download the SDK, and install Keyring on the emulator. I'm not suggesting that anyone do this on a regular basis, but it's there as an emergency fallback if you lose your phone.

This is probably not a high priority for you, but the icon for Keyring shows an ugly white border on dark backgrounds such as the standard WebOS launcher background.

Since I had a minute, I created a version without the problem. I can mail it to you if you’re interested.
    Last edited by Highbrow; 01/17/2010 at 02:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Highbrow View Post
    This is probably not a high priority for you, but the icon for Keyring shows an ugly white border on dark backgrounds such as the standard WebOS launcher background.
    It is a priority, but since the existing icons are at the limit of my abilities, I can't make any progress on it myself. I think I can get one of the web designers at work to help me out with it, so there will probably be some UI improvements coming down the pike.

Since I had a minute, I created a version without the problem. I can mail it to you if you’re interested.
    I PMed you my email address. Thanks!

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    This version brings some major improvements in security, and a new level of paranoia (for the slightly batty). Get it now from the usual place.

Version 0.2.0 - 2010-01-10
    - Data is now stored in the database as a single encrypted blob, rather than the former mix of encrypted and cleartext structured data. A salt is prepended to the data prior to encryption, to work around a deficiency in the Palm Mojo.Model.encrypt API.
    - Keyring always prompts for a password at launch, and the "locked at launch" preference has been removed.
    - A new "On Lockout" option, "Close App" is available for the paranoid. It will cause Keyring to close itself whenever there is a timeout of the app is deactivated/minimized.
    - Cosmetic changes to the "Keyring locked" scene.
    - The converter has been updated to add salt when encrypting.

Hi krid.

I had a moment free time, and since I use Keyring, I decided to convert your icon to SVG, so that you can get a properly anti-aliased file.

I've appended the SVG (created with Inkscape) and two icons distilled from it; one in 64x64 and one in 48x48. They're pristine black&white with full transparency.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jappus; 01/18/2010 at 07:35 AM.
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast