Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    krid: Gettin really excited about this app. 2 things for you:

1) Looks like the path in your executible jar file is missing keyring (its looking for the mainclass in com.otisbean.GnuKeyringConverter when it should be looking in com.otisbean.keyring.GnuKeyringConverter

2) I keep getting an InvalidKeyException: Illegal key size. I downloaded the unlimited strength jce and I'm still getting the same error. Does this have to do with the length of my new cypher key or I'm not picking up the right security jar files?
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    I got past both problems (had to copy the security jars to another jdk1.6 install I had, even though it said my home was somewhere else).

This is absolutely awesome. Great work krid.

I was thinking that palm added some new apis to be able to write to the media partition, no? It would make it easier for exporting data for backup purposes.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Sorry about the bad classpath in the jar file. I fixed that once, but somehow the fix fell out of the build file, and I uploaded a bad version. I've replaced the jar on my site with one that I've verified is working. Try again.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    Excellent app, currently my secure storage of choice. Look forward to some visual customizations in the later revisions.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    Excellent app, currently my secure storage of choice.
    Thanks.

Look forward to some visual customizations in the later revisions.
    What sort of "visual customizations"? Get your requests in now, or they'll never get into the pipeline...

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

1) New app icon would be cool. The rasterization on the current one is a little ugly (no offense).

2) Custom icons. Say I want a $ icon for my bank categories (could be a list of predefines or maybe point to an image).

3) Another idea would be different colors per category. i.e., "Bank" category items display as blue.

4) Use a custom image for the actual data screen. i.e., I can throw a bank of america image for the background of my BofA entry.

5) Maybe a tile view option in addition to list (similar to the app screen on the Pre).

None of this is particularly high priority, just ideas.
    Great changes. Have been looking forward to the addition of Categories. Did notice, though, that this is limited to 10. If you try to more than 10, one will drop out.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Thanks for this and for the ability to export/import the PalmOS version! Keyring for PalmOS is one of the two applications I use Classic for, and a native program with my old DB imported is vastly better.

Thanks! Kudos!

-a
    Love this app!

I have trouble resetting the app and deleting databases I no longer have the password for (I installed the app to play with it, with an initial random password, than promptly forgot it... )

how do I reset everything and erase the DB? it keeps asking for the old master password...
    Last edited by urig; 12/22/2009 at 09:24 AM.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnlf View Post
    Great changes. Have been looking forward to the addition of Categories. Did notice, though, that this is limited to 10. If you try to more than 10, one will drop out.
    Doh! I got caught by a classic untyped-language gotcha where arrays sort lexically by default ("9" > "10"). Thanks for finding this.

So far the following bugs have been found & fixed since 0.1.0:

• Swipe-to-delete of top item in list doesn't work.
    • Sort by last-viewed doesn't update when you view a new item.
    • Can't add the 11th category.
    • The first category is always focused in the edit categories scene.

I'll push out 0.1.1 tonight, unless someone finds a bug I can't fix quickly.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alanh View Post
    Thanks for this and for the ability to export/import the PalmOS version! Keyring for PalmOS is one of the two applications I use Classic for, and a native program with my old DB imported is vastly better.
    You're telling me! I wasn't willing to shell out for classic, so I was taking my old Treo to work every day in case I needed an old password.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by urig View Post
    I have trouble resetting the app and deleting databases I no longer have the password for. how do I reset everything and erase the DB? it keeps asking for the old master password...
    You'll have to delete the app, then reinstall it.

Quote Originally Posted by urig View Post
    Love this app!

I have trouble resetting the app and deleting databases I no longer have the password for (I installed the app to play with it, with an initial random password, than promptly forgot it... )

how do I reset everything and erase the DB? it keeps asking for the old master password...
    I had this same problem and ended up deleting the application (Hold the Orange Button and tap the Application icon on the launcher page to delete) and then re-installing. Couldn't find any other way to reset the master password.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by papped View Post
    1) New app icon would be cool. The rasterization on the current one is a little ugly (no offense).
    No offense could possibly be taken. Sadly, that ugly mess is at the limits of my graphical capabilities. Thanks for reminding me -- a friend at work offered to help with this...

2) Custom icons. Say I want a $ icon for my bank categories (could be a list of predefines or maybe point to an image).
    How's about using the favicon of the URL of an item? That's a bit of a stretch with the current webOS APIs, but it ought to be possible someday. I'll add that to the ideas pile.

3) Another idea would be different colors per category.
    I like that, and it wouldn't be too hard to implement. I think I'll try to do this in an upcoming "make the UI prettier" version.

4) Use a custom image for the actual data screen. i.e., I can throw a bank of america image for the background of my BofA entry.
    That's not going to be practical, since the image would have to be stored encrypted (otherwise you're potentially giving away information). This would balloon the size of the encrypted data, and slow things down a lot.

5) Maybe a tile view option in addition to list (similar to the app screen on the Pre).
    If you had icons for every item this might work, otherwise it would be kind of a mess. Probably not practical.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I just noticed that I could not see any entries past the 'h's or so...

but even though I could find them in a search...

selected category and picked unfiled, then they all show up... Select category 'all' again and can still see them.

all is well, just a weird upgrade glitch, posted as FYI...

thanks again for nice and needed app...
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    I just noticed that I could not see any entries past the 'h's or so...
    Do you know what you did leading up to this? Can you try to reproduce it, and post a recipe? I couldn't get it to happen.

How many items in your list? How many in the category you were looking at?

I do not know when it happened for the first time. I noticed it when I saw the recent update to 0.1.0.

I was about to say that I try to be more helpful about these things but I don't know how to reproduce it, but I just checked again and I'm back to the j's, with nothing after (showing), but clearly it is all still there, if I type a do a search-as-I-type I can find things from the u's...

If I change category to 'Unfiled' then they all show up again.

If I change category back to 'All' then they stay showed up.

If I close with category 'Unfiled' and reopen, they are all there.

If I close with category 'All' and reopen, back to the j's.

Ok, so I'm going to try and anticipate your questions...

What categories do I have - 'All' 'Unfiled' and 'Edit Categories'. None of my entries have been populated in the category field.

How many entries before the 'false' last entry - looks like 50.

Are there any special characters in the last entry - the only thing remotely unusual about it is the length of the title: 41 characters, all 'alpha' (no nums or punctuation)

What version of Keyring - Well it was there before I upgraded to 0.1.0, I'm almost positive, and it is still there. I wish I could say what version I was on before, but I'm pretty sure it did not have categories, but I wonder it that could be true because it is odd how the category trick 'fixes' it.

What part of the alphabet is the last entry - the entry starts with 'j' and there are no other j's, so I can't say if it would have shown more than one 'j' entry or not. Well, let me add one... Ok, I added one called 'jj' which is alphabetcially before the previous entry ('journal...') and now it only shows the 'jj' entry. So seems like the 50 is a hard stop of some kind? And it also seems that it isn't something about that particular entry. I deleted the 'jj' (made up today) entry and the origial 'journal' entry and now I just get the frist 'k' entry. While the list is still truncated at the k's, I add back the 'journal' entry - the screen is blank, I swipe it to scroll, and now I'm back to truncation at the j's (the newly re-added 'journal' entry).

While the list is still truncated, I change the sort by to 'created date' and now the list ends with 'nintendo' (presumably the 50th-ish entry) and then I change the category to 'unfiled' and now they all show up again.

I have double checked the number of entries shown when the list is truncated, and it is 50 (where the first entry is 1, not 0 :P ).

How many entries total - Hmmm... 117 give or take a couple, it's easy to screw up the counting, and hard to start over... ;^)

But, for now, it looks like I keep my category set to Unfiled...

Chuck
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    I was about to say that I try to be more helpful about these things but I don't know how to reproduce it, but I just checked again and...
    Thanks, that was a great bug report. I can see the problem on the emulator now, and I should be able to fix it sometime over the long weekend. That's an evil bug, whatever it is...

Krid, sent you a PM this morning regarding extending the import utility.

I thought I had discovered an import bug, but it turns out that there are entries with duplicate card names in my CodeWallet export file. I don't have my old phone here to check (wife is using it), but it would appear that CodeWallet allows you to have duplicate card (entry) names. It appears that as the import function (on the Pre) hits each subsequent entry with the same name, it sees that there is already an entry with that name, and treats it as a duplicate (the end result depends on your import preferences). Does Keyring write out an error log when importing that I could check out to confirm this?
    Glad my bug report was detailed enough to be useful! My gift to you (ha ha)... Really, though, my way of saying thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by krid View Post
    That's an evil bug, whatever it is...
    Mwa-ha-ha-ha!

Seriously though, have a nice weekend!

Thanks,
    Chuck
    Last edited by notcalvin; 12/23/2009 at 11:50 AM.