Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1217181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    It is GPL. The original author is no longer making updates, and no one else is either.

But the user-base has not abandoned it at this point anyway.

It works fine, I'm using it, but one thing you will want to make sure you understand clearly is how to get your data out of the app for some day in the future. (There is a tool for that, but it is an offline sort of thing, and not trivial.)

Other than that, its a nice app that works quite well.
    notcalvin wrote:
    "It works fine, I'm using it, but one thing you will want to make sure you understand clearly is how to get your data out of the app for some day in the future. (There is a tool for that, but it is an offline sort of thing, and not trivial.)"

I am greatly interested in how to get my plethora of passwords out of Keyring. If my aging Pre 1 crashes, I have no other webOS device on which to do a Save/Restore. Can someone share the non-trivial way to snag my passwords from my phone?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CoolioDD View Post
    notcalvin wrote:
    "It works fine, I'm using it, but one thing you will want to make sure you understand clearly is how to get your data out of the app for some day in the future. (There is a tool for that, but it is an offline sort of thing, and not trivial.)"

I am greatly interested in how to get my plethora of passwords out of Keyring. If my aging Pre 1 crashes, I have no other webOS device on which to do a Save/Restore. Can someone share the non-trivial way to snag my passwords from my phone?

Thanks
    I wont have a chance to reply until monday, but as long as you backup the db, you are 'safe'.

I havent used it in a while, but there are 2 options to backup your db, on uploads it to a server which i didnt know how to do, the copies your encrypted db into the clipboard, then you paste it into an email (it looks like gibberish) and you email it to a pc you have that can run java.

There are several posts in the thread about how to use the exporter. If you search my posts you will likely fond some.

When i get a chance on tuesday i will check back and see if this was helpful.

I'll be afi (away from internet) in the meantime.
    Nice to see that still some apps are in development.
    Most of my fav apps wont be updated. So i'm coming from Secustore and searching for a new app for my passwords.
    I'm glad to hear that there will maybe a touchpad versio/patch for keyring.
    Hopfully i will be able to get my datas from secustore to keyring.
    Did somebody make this step before?

Highstacks
    Does secustore have an export to csv feature? If so, then yes, with a little work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Does secustore have an export to csv feature? If so, then yes, with a little work.
    I'm not sure at this moment. Have to take a closer look which possibilties are given.

Highstacks
    Why didn't the Save/Restore app restore my keyring data?

I noticed that Keyring did not install on my new Pre2...I guess because it was Homebrew? Anyway, I installed Keyring from Preware, then opened up Save/Restore, tapped Restore and selected Keyring (it was in the list) and tapped Restore. There is a brief flicker of the Restore button where it said "Restoring" but the tiny text blow Keyring says "Data not restored". The date on the last data is July 10, the day I switched to this phone. What can I do to get Save/Restore to do it's job?
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Why didn't the Save/Restore app restore my keyring data?

I noticed that Keyring did not install on my new Pre2...I guess because it was Homebrew? Anyway, I installed Keyring from Preware, then opened up Save/Restore, tapped Restore and selected Keyring (it was in the list) and tapped Restore. There is a brief flicker of the Restore button where it said "Restoring" but the tiny text blow Keyring says "Data not restored". The date on the last data is July 10, the day I switched to this phone. What can I do to get Save/Restore to do it's job?
    I just did this a couple of days ago going from a Pre- to a FrankenPre2. Make sure you open Keyring first, to initialize everything in its database setup, then close it, go to save restore, and restore the data.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    I just did this a couple of days ago going from a Pre- to a FrankenPre2. Make sure you open Keyring first, to initialize everything in its database setup, then close it, go to save restore, and restore the data.
    WOOT ! It worked! Thank you for the advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    Yes I found (through trial and error) that this applies to nearly all apps you're trying to restore.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    Yes I found (through trial and error) that this applies to nearly all apps you're trying to restore.
    I believe it is documented in the save/restore app/thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate View Post
    I don't think I did this for many if any of my other apps...maybe a couple. Most of them seemed to be restored on their own...but I've been wrong before.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

FYI the LunaCE is not Keyring-friendly due to encryption changes. I've logged a ticket, but don't know if it will be fixed. If not, some kind of export/import process will be required - and that could be painful if it can't be somewhat automated.

Edit 8/31/12: The LunaCE encryption problem has been resolved, so no worries with Keyring. I have to add a search or keyboard button to allow searching, but the rest of the app works great fullscreen on the Touchpad.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 09/01/2012 at 12:19 AM.
    Ok guys, thanks for being patient with me. I've been very busy at work and with home projects. I still need to apologize, as it's easy to take your time when you already have the patched app on your own devices.

I just got the search button for the Touchpad added today. I need to see how it looks on the phone, in case I need to put some code in to hide it on the phones, since it's not required there.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    The patch to make Keyring full-screen on the Touchpad is now available in the Touchpad HD patches thead here:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3350764
    I've been making new icons recently to replace the low-res ones (that look fuzzy on the Pre3).
    Here's my Keyring one that is open for anyone to use:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    So my phone finally broke. I was able to take a full backup of it (screen doesn't work), and I have the emulator on my computer. Can someone tell me what files I need to put on the emulator to get my password DB readable again? Thanks for your help.

EDIT: And the answer to this is easy-peasy, if you have your phone in developer mode. Slightly less so if you don't.

In any case, I had enabled it prior and had the ability to use novaterm (the command line way onto the phone when it's connected over USB). Once there, this worked great from the command line after installing Save/Restore (via PreWare or elsewhere):

root@qemux86:/var/home/root# cd /var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore/
    root@qemux86:/var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore# sh ./com.otisbean.keyring save
    20120930T232500-0700
    keyring
    root@qemux86:/var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore# ls -la /media/internal/saverestore/com.otisbean.key
    ring/
    drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 1024 Sep 30 23:25 .
    drwxr-xr-x 37 root root 3072 Sep 30 23:14 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 59268 Sep 30 23:25 20120930T232500-0700.zip
    root@qemux86:/var/svc/org.webosinternals.saverestore# exit
    novosirj@novosirj-E6420:~/Desktop$ novacom get file:////media/internal/saverestore/com.otisbean.keyring/20120930T232500-0700.zip > /tmp/20120930T232500-0700.zip

...any questions, feel free to contact me. Thanks Keyring folks and Save/Restore folks!
    Last edited by ryanov; 10/01/2012 at 01:27 AM.
    HI, I have got the source codes of this program and added few new features:
    1. Virtual keyboard for master password
    2. Possibility to copy fields in one click (long tap)

Also, I have renamed my application to KeyringSD for avoid possible inconvenience.
    KeyringSD_0.0.5
    Phone: HP Veer
    Jabber: shura0@ya.ru
    checkmate and Pilotovef like this.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shura View Post
    HI, I have got the source codes of this program and added few new features:
    1. Virtual keyboard for master password
    2. Possibility to copy fields in one click (long tap)

Click to view quoted image

Also, I have renamed my application to KeyringSD for avoid possible inconvenience.
    KeyringSD_0.0.5
    Hi, thanks for pigging up. Somen questio:
    - my password do not only have numbers
    - Did you added the new Icon from some posts above
    - I like the idea to copy the field values. Would it be possible to also add a button to open a side url if the entry has one added.

HaPe
    HaPe
    - my password do not only have numbers
    You may use hardware keyboard.
    - Did you added the new Icon from some posts above
    I'll look
    - I like the idea to copy the field values. Would it be possible to also add a button to open a side url if the entry has one added.
    It's done for URL field.
    new icon added