Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Nope. Nothing older. I just happened to want to be able to view my DB from my PC one day and realized it was probably possible. Guess in my case, maybe not. :-\
    Well I'd offer to try to open your file, but that would take an awful lot of trust on your part. (though, I can assure you that you would absolutely be at no risk, for what it's worth)

Best I can suggest is using save/restore to back up your current data, then creating a new database and adding a few entries and exporting them. Then you can restore your old data via save/restore.

I just noticed that you had trouble with some imported data back in 2010.. I wonder could this have anything to do with that data?
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/01/2012 at 03:33 PM.
    Yeah I wonder.

The only thing special about this database is that it was imported from PalmOS (had the old software installed on my Treo) originally. I wonder if exporting from PalmOS and then importing to webOS and then exporting is something that just doesn't work out. I'm inclined to doubt it though. Someone else must have moved from Palm to webOS to some other platform or what have you.

The only other things that are at all strange about my database is that I have some punctuation characters in some of the hostnames (one has a * for example) and most of them have notes that contain the old password (which generally also has special characters). But maybe that's not strange anyway.

I'll have to think about what to do.
    Well, the source code is there... Do you know how to use a debugger?

Having special characters in passwords is not unusual these days. The only reason I could see special characters (these are normal ANSI characters right?) causing an issue is if the base64 library or the encryption library isn't encoding them properly when you export. I have some slashes in some of my key names that cause the UI to show the entries in bogus tree structure, which is interesting, but does not cause it to fail to open.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/01/2012 at 06:18 PM.
    I've done some debugging with other languages. Will look into it in my spare time.
    Hello,

I'd like to try the keyring-software with data I have exported from my Palm Treo (strip 2.0). How does a csv-file has to look for an import to keyring?

So far I tried (tab-separated):

name category account password notes
    Test Cat1 MyAccount 12345 ok

and:

"name";"category";"account";"password";"notes"
    "Test";"Cat1";"MyAccount";"12345";"ok"

Then I called:
    java -jar keyring-converter.jar pw1.csv pw1.json csv

I alway get the same error:
    Horrible error: Input file format is invalid. Must contain header row with labels name, category, account, password, notes. Any other labels will be ignored. The name, account, and password fields are mandatory, others are optional.

What am I doing wrong?
    CSV converter does not allow tabs or semicolon separators, only commas (if I remember right)
    Thank you very much.

"name","category","account","password","notes"
    "Test","Cat1","MyAccount","12345","ok"

...worked :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nafetz View Post
    Thank you very much.

"name","category","account","password","notes"
    "Test","Cat1","MyAccount","12345","ok"

...worked :-)
    Glad to hear it. Now I feel safe to tell you that CSV is an acronym for comma separated values.
    Hi Folks,

For the keypass2keyring converter I need the location of the keyring database, as I first have to transfer the keyring database file to the PC.
    Can anyone tell me where this is located? According to the docu it should be called Keys-Gtkr.pdb but I cannot find it anywhere on the palm.

Many thanks,
    Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by pemu View Post
    Hi Folks,

For the keypass2keyring converter I need the location of the keyring database, as I first have to transfer the keyring database file to the PC.
    Can anyone tell me where this is located? According to the docu it should be called Keys-Gtkr.pdb but I cannot find it anywhere on the palm.

Many thanks,
    Peter
    Well, what I did was go to the database management menu and select export to clipboard, then pasted it into an email, then emailed the PC where I was doing the conversion, then copy/pasted from the email to a text file.
    Hi,
    i was wondering :"What to do with my keyring data exported in my mail and get it into the PC desktop ?"
    I find a hand made way :
    Copy/paste mail in a texte file on PC.

The data looks like this :
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Keyring database:
    {"schema_version":4,"salt":"@vN@%0hH6ZT_","db":"A00.........F3jkf5Y"}
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    change in :
    {"db":"A00.........F3jkf5Y","schema_version":4,"salt":"@vN@%0hH6ZT_"}

Rule ? Fields situated before "db" must be switched at the end, take care of commas.

Save file with a name, open the file with keyring-ui.exe that should work.

hope that can help
    Last edited by backbone92; 03/21/2012 at 04:01 AM.
    You don't need to re-order the fields. Just delete the "Keyring database:" part. The order of the fields doesn't matter. I discovered this when writing a page to save and restore from my webserver. It does not include that part on a URL export.
    For anyone using this on the Touchpad, I'm in the process of patching it to run full screen. A two-pane setup would work great on the Touchpad, but I am not familiar enough yet with his code to do that.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    hape likes this.
    I'm done but waiting to hear from Dirk before I post a patch to the app. If anyone else besides me wants it.
    Do it! :^D
    Haven't heard back, so I'll start creating the patch file. I had to patch quite a few files, so it will take me a bit to create them all and combine them (unless there is an automated way to create a patch for a large number of files that I am not aware of). There is one more thing that I need to do, and that's add a button to toggle the keyboard on for the search feature. The phone version lets you just start typing, but on the Touchpad there is nothing to trigger the keyboard to open except editing a field.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Haven't heard back, so I'll start creating the patch file. ..
    Hi Grabber,

why don't you simply post a Keyring HD version to Preware? Keyring has been posted with the GPL3.0 licence, so you are free to create a new version out of it and post it as long as you give credit to the original author.

I think this route will reach a bigger part of the community and will be easier for you to maintain.

HaPe
    Yeah, I have considered that. I've been debating which way to go. Granted, there have not been any serious issues with the app, but I don't know the code well enough to provide proper support if I released a separate app and someone had a major problem. For now I will post a patch while I am thinking about it.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    I would like an enyo 2 version also and its on my TODO list, along with a NAVIT bluetooth issue. I have been waiting for the openwebos stuff to settle down. But if someone else does it first I do not mind