Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 81314151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    BackupSave backs up encrypted data only. The java utility for import/export does not accept backupsave files. So basically I can find no way to output unencrypted CSV from Keyring. Thus keyring becomes another proprietary format for a dying Palm Pre platform.
    I will try and export csv out from my Centro Keyring and then import CSV into JVault, a utility that does provide CSV out. I wish I would have done this earlier, before investing Keyring with any significant input which I will have to now recreate manually on JVault. I wish I would not have trusted Keyring developer's promises to give me the csv out.
    xdreduardx, I get the impression from the post linked below (link is to page 17 of this thread, last post) and keyrings homepage that you need to get the original keyring file to use the import/export tool - do you have Internalz installed - I think that will be the key (navigate to where the apps database is, and I think Internalz lets you email it directly from there). Also, I think save/restore from preware will copy that file to your USB partition, and Internalz will not even be required. (Just thinking out loud, of course...)
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post2725793

Maybe the thread here ought to take a little time to try and write a 'how to' for the import/export tool. I would imagine that krid would add it to the keyring home page if it was a 'finished product', but at the least we could stick it in the precentral forums with a link from here.

So the reason I went with KeyRing way back when was that it could be backed up. I was very careful about that. And now this comment is interesting in that I realize I had a blind spot about the other important thing, which was import/export.

I'm not too worried about it - seems like there is some route for export, but it is something I had a blind spot about.

Perhaps someone like the developer for SecuStore will grab the open source code for keyring and write a tool to convert keyring db's to SecuStore db's and maybe snag a few keyring customers.

And in the meantime, I suppose I should run and download all the various code for keyring (keyring itself, the import/export tool, etc), in case I need it 2 years from now or something...
    You can import the ORIGINAL Keyring File and then export it to CSV. There is no way that I can find that exports the MODIFIED database file to unencrypted CSV which will allow you to export/import into some new platform.

You can be stuck with no way to export your data from Keyring if you change platforms if there is no way to export your data, which is the way it appears now, since nobody actually reports a way to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    Just last week I took the java utility linked in this thread, opened my encrypted backup file, exported to csv and opened it in Excel (then password protected that file so that my father could use it if needed). Only problem was the utility didn't like entries that had an unknown category on them. Once those entries were fixed, I didn't have any problems at all.
    How was the encrypted backup file created?

1. Was it the file created by emailing the backup from Pre Keyring?
    2. Was it the file created by Save/Restore utility?
    3. What extension did the file have?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    How was the encrypted backup file created?

1. Was it the file created by emailing the backup from Pre Keyring?
    2. Was it the file created by Save/Restore utility?
    3. What extension did the file have?

Thanks!
    Open Keyring on your Pre/Pixi.
    Select the top left corner for the menu and select 'Database Actions'.
    In the Export section, for Destination select 'Clipboard' and select Export.
    Open up email, create a new message, select paste, and send it to yourself.
    Open your email client on your computer and save the email data into a file.
    Open that file with the Java Utility and enter your password.

Once again, the only problems I encountered were with entries that had a category of 'Unknown'. Once I assigned a category to all my entries, the import worked just fine.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by ASprintGuy View Post
    Open Keyring on your Pre/Pixi.
    Select the top left corner for the menu and select 'Database Actions'.
    In the Export section, for Destination select 'Clipboard' and select Export.
    Open up email, create a new message, select paste, and send it to yourself.
    Open your email client on your computer and save the email data into a file.
    Open that file with the Java Utility and enter your password.

Once again, the only problems I encountered were with entries that had a category of 'Unknown'. Once I assigned a category to all my entries, the import worked just fine.

I did as above. Saved the text file (parenthesis to parenthesis) as .txt file.
    Tried to open with the java utility keyring-ui-2.0a.exe and nothing happened.

1. What was the file called after you saved the email data?
    2. Did you use keyring-ui-2.0a .exe?
    3. Did you use File Open or Tools Import Database?

Thanks!
    I saved my email to keyring-backup.json (you probably can name it whatever).

After starting the utility, I did file/open and selected the file from above. It prompted me for my password and after that it showed me all my entries.

When you say parenthesis to parenthesis, I assume you mean { to }. That is all I have in that keyring-backup.json file.

I don't think it matters, but I'm using the java jar file instead of the executable. Just the geek in me I guess.
    ugh, I just realized that all my keyring entries are Unfiled.

Bleh.
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    ugh, I just realized that all my keyring entries are Unfiled.

Bleh.
    I had cleaned up this error in the utility to make it work for my backup. Here is the updated jar file. No warranty or guarantee here as it is krid's code... just wanted to bypass the open error so I could export it.

UPDATED: Fixed startup problem in JAR File. Ooops. Make sure to use keyring-ui-2.0afix2.jar.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ASprintGuy; 10/27/2010 at 08:06 AM.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

I have a problem exporting the database to my web server. The only thing that was changes is that the ssl certificate of my server has expired. I approved in the web browser that I trust this certificate and can access it there.
    The export to URL just gives me an Error messages and in the log I get:

2010-10-29T19:34:51.873107Z [121523] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.palm.systemui: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'replace' of undefined, InstallPrototypeBuiltIn:1949
    2010-10-29T19:34:59.399566Z [121531] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.otisbean.keyring: Error: EXCEPTION [exception during animation], (TypeError): "Cannot call method 'animate' of undefined", palmInitFramework347:2527
    2010-10-29T19:34:59.598266Z [121531] palm-webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.otisbean.keyring: Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'handleError' of undefined, palmInitFramework347:6013

any ideas?

HaPe
    Hi,

I copied the database in a txt-file key.json
    The file looks like
    Code:
    {"schema_version":4,"salt":".....
    }
    Then I start the keyring-desktop, open the file an get the error

Code:
    Open keyring database unparseable JSON data: unexpected character () at position 0.
    What's wrong with me? Is it because of US_export_policy.jar? I am from Germany. I want to export the keys to csv.

So long. Thank's a least for reading!

Peter
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Sounds like the app I've been looking for to replace 3nity in Classic but I'm having a problem with the installation.

Here's the IPKG error log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.otisbean.keyring_0.3.0_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._0.3.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    101 405 101 405 0 0 36 0 0:00:11 0:00:11 --:--:-- 36
    101 405 101 405 0 0 35 0 0:00:11 0:00:11 --:--:-- 35
    curl: (47) Maximum (50) redirects followed

I've tried power cycling my Sprint pre with no change.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPsychlo View Post
    Sounds like the app I've been looking for to replace 3nity in Classic but I'm having a problem with the installation.

Here's the IPKG error log:

begin
    Nothing Interesting.
    failed
    -1: Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl --create-dirs --insecure --location --fail --show-error --output /media/internal/.developer/com.otisbean.keyring_0.3.0_all.ipk http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/precen..._0.3.0_all.ipk 2>&1
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    101 405 101 405 0 0 36 0 0:00:11 0:00:11 --:--:-- 36
    101 405 101 405 0 0 35 0 0:00:11 0:00:11 --:--:-- 35
    curl: (47) Maximum (50) redirects followed

I've tried power cycling my Sprint pre with no change.

Any suggestions?
    Seems to be a general problem with the precentral feed Index of /feeds/precentral/. Downloads from there are currently not possible. In the browser I get "You don't have access here."
    I believe it is related to the precentral mobile site being down. They posted something on twitter about it Wednesday afternoon being something like a 24 hour outage.

You can go to the app gallery on the main site and find a direct url to the app.. or just wait for precentral to get their stuff fixed.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Got it.

I don't do Twitter so never saw any notice.

Downloaded directly and installed okay.

Thanks
    I can't seem to download Keyring from anywhere. It doesn't show up in Preware, and there is no download link on the Homebrew Apps gallery page. Is this an issue with the Precentral feed from last month or something new with just this app?

Can anyone send me the IPKG file (com.otisbean.keyring_0.3.0_all.ipk) or point me to some other location to get it from?

I'm desperately trying to reinstall Keyring on a replacement Pre and make sure my data is intact.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kparr View Post
    I can't seem to download Keyring from anywhere.
    Looks like Precentral is having some issues with their app feed. I dug up the 0.30 .ipk file and posted it on my site. You can get it here.

Y'all are probably wondering "What's the future of Keyring?"

I signed up to go to HP's developer event the evening after their big announcement on the 9th. I'm hoping (along with everyone else) that they'll announce something superfantastic that will bring webOS back from the brink of irrelevance[*]. If so, I'll probably be inspired to pick up development on Keyring again.

If not, well, I've got this Evo 4G in my pocket, and the best open source password safe for Android sucks rocks... I'm trying to decide between building a native Android version of Keyring (hopefully leveraging some of the Java code I've got in the desktop version) and porting it to one of the HTML5 frameworks (PhoneGap, Appcelerator, etc.). The former would be a big win for my resume, the latter would get me something that would work out of the box on multiple platforms, including the desktop.

All I need now is some motivation...

[*] I'm also hoping that they'll be giving away shiny new devices...
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krid View Post
    I'm trying to decide between building a native Android version of Keyring (hopefully leveraging some of the Java code I've got in the desktop version) and porting it to one of the HTML5 frameworks (PhoneGap, Appcelerator, etc.).
    Whichever way you choose, please do it! I had my work Sprint Pre ripped from my cold, twitching hands back in December, and the one thing that is missing from the Droid-X that they replaced it with is Keyring! More than once I've had to wait until I got home to retrieve a password from Keyring on my personal Pre+, and it sure would be convenient if I had the same data on both without having to re-type it in two devices.

I installed Kuffs on the Droid, and while it is a powerful app I think that it's too complex in it's flexibility to be useful. Who in their right mind wants to start using a new password manager app by creating templates for the different record types they want to store?!?!?

I don't know if you or anyone has done any testing with webOS 2, but figured that I should report that it installed on 2.0.1 with no apparent problems for me the other day.....
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    If not, well, I've got this Evo 4G in my pocket, and the best open source password safe for Android sucks rocks...

Wait, the krid has foresaken us....?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*snrk*
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Hi,
    where can I find the *pdb file on my phone?

Thanks
    Björn
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    I don't know if you or anyone has done any testing with webOS 2, but figured that I should report that it installed on 2.0.1 with no apparent problems for me the other day.....
    I installed this on my Sprint Pre and it works great with WebOS 2.1

How can I transfer my passwords (pw) from my pre to another device without having to retype my pw? Encrypted of course. I noticed there is a import/export here:

Keyring for webOS

I sent myself a test password to my personal email and opened it from my computer desktop. When I opened the email, it was encrypted. This is great but if I wanted to un-encrypt the email on my desktop, how will I go about this, or is this possibe?

Sorry for the newby question.

Thanks

EDIT:
    I read the whole thread and now I know how to use the import/export function.

Also:

It looks like Windows has "helpfully" unzipped the .jar file into an unrunnable directory full of java class files. Thank you Microsoft.

To avoid more problems like this, I did some research, and found a handy package called launch4j, which turns a jar file into a windows executable. So now you've got something that's simple to run. If you don't have java installed, it will fire up a web browser and take you to the java download page (though the cryptography stuff is still a roaring pain).

The beta release will have an icon and a splash screen and be a bit more application-like.

You're welcome. Glad it's making you happy.
    I will try this tonight.
    Last edited by delacro; 03/30/2011 at 04:10 PM.
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)