Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 71213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dgcorn View Post
    Is this app good to run with the AT&T version 1.4.2?
    I don't see any reason it wouldn't work; AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $1$.$4$.$2$ $on$ $ATT$ $is$ $pretty$ $much$ $the$ $same$ $as$ $1$.$4$.$1$ $on$ $the$ $other$ $carriers$.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Thanks.
    Any update on getting this app in the App Catalog?
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HPalm View Post
    Any update on getting this app in the App Catalog?
    It may be a month or more. I was about ready to do the submission when I realized that I need a way to transfer data between multiple versions of the app on the same phone (beta and catalog). I have to do this because I need to change the app ID when I go to the catalog (otherwise your data would just vanish). Unfortunately, this coincided with some changes in my life, and now I've just started a new job, so I won't have a lot of time to work on Keyring for a couple weeks.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Congratulations on the new job. And THANKS for having taken the time to do a kick-*** job on this. Can't have enough open-source password keepers.
    Quote Originally Posted by krid View Post
    I've just started a new job
    Congratulations!!!
    Congratulations on your new job! I switched from Strip on my Palm TX to Keyring and it has been great so far.

If you have time to work on Keyring again at some point, I have two ideas that would be very convenient for me. Maybe you will think so as well.

• When the paranoia feature locks Keyring, it would be really useful if unlocking went back to the same scene I was in previously rather than the item list again.
    • I have previously used the Diceware list list and this method to generate passwords randomly. The nice thing about doing it this way is that the passwords tend to be much more memorable and I have a hope of remembering them just through frequent use. Keyring's password generator does not generate easily memorable passwords.
    krid,

Thanks again for the great app.

Another feature suggestion for you (or anyone who may care to work further on the GPL application): enabling the keyring entries to be found with the universal search function (optionally of course, some may consider the entry itself secret, not just the data inside...)

Cheers!
    That seems kind of dangerous to me. I don't want anyone knowing what I have stored in keyring.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I had to webosdoctor my phone so I could replace it (random short-circuit dying) ((for a phone whose microphone stopped working a day later)), but since I can't replace it for a while (too busy), I'm still patching it and installing stuff. Call it practice, I guess, besides which Save/Restore seems to be making good progress.

Anyway! Having a problem importing my backup. I get the error, "Can't parse decrypted data (bad password?); SyntaxError: Unexpected token ILLEGAL". I'm pretty darn sure it's the right password. Any ideas?

Love this program, and I really want to figure a way to get my backup to restore (partially because it'd be a pain to recover all the passwords I had stored that I just don't remember otherwise...)
    In some cases fields "user" and "password" are not enough. Could you please add ability to create any number of custom fields?
    Last edited by Shura; 08/09/2010 at 06:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by edhkim View Post

Love this program, and I really want to figure a way to get my backup to restore (partially because it'd be a pain to recover all the passwords I had stored that I just don't remember otherwise...)
    Had similar issue. You should install Preware from WOSQI and not install backup/restore from there. Get that once you have preware up and running from within preware, establish your password etc, then run the restore. Worked for me.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
    Had similar issue. You should install Preware from WOSQI and not install backup/restore from there. Get that once you have preware up and running from within preware, establish your password etc, then run the restore. Worked for me.
    Hm... I should clarify: I'm trying to import a database I backed up using Keyring's own export, not using the Save/Restore program. I pasted it into an email to myself from the clipboard, and now am trying to reverse that. I think the version number might have gone up since I backed it up, but I'm not sure, and I was hoping that wouldn't make a difference. Would it?

++++++++++++++++++
    Okay, so I copied it to a text file and put it on the media partition and then imported from a file, and that worked fine. Maybe it's something with carriage returns if copying something from gmail-on-the-palmos-web (found the email, hit reply, and then copied it from there). I should have figured that out sooner.
    Last edited by edhkim; 08/15/2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: tried something different
  14. wxl
    been using this for a while. the post on SecuStore had me check it out and i noticed one thing missing from Keyring-- filling in web forms. do you think you could add such a feature? cuz i LOATHE the UI on SecuStore and the password generator ****es me off (i.e. i won't be making the switch regardless). i don't want to have to shake my phone to make a password. it's cute, but i just want the bloody password in a given length with options for alpha, num, cases, and special characters. LIKE KEYRING DOES. can you tell i like what you do?
    I like the app very much. Thank you. In order to be on the safe side I also use Save/Restore. Nevertheless I have a another question.
    I would like to keep a copy of the file on my computer running XP. Although I realize that we can copy the file to the clipboard I have no idea where to find that file. (I checked all entries here and also the German user manual of Palm w/o success).
    By connecting the Pre to the computer I found a file called "Keyring.json" however that was older than the actual modified entries on Palm. I tried to open it with the Keyring Desktop File but it gave me the error message "invalid password" altough I used the same one as on the palm. Maybe the file is not the correct one.

I deleted the file and tried to create a new one on the palm, but I cannot find anything even by using "Internalz".

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernd48 View Post
    Although I realize that we can copy the file to the clipboard I have no idea where to find that file. (I checked all entries here and also the German user manual of Palm w/o success).
    What I do is
    1) copy database to clipboard with menu
    2) open an email and meta-tap-v to paste the data in and mail it to myself.

I think you can also paste it into a memo and then email the memo.

Are you familiar with how to do a 'paste' on the Pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by notcalvin View Post
    What I do is
    1) copy database to clipboard with menu
    2) open an email and meta-tap-v to paste the data in and mail it to myself.

I think you can also paste it into a memo and then email the memo.

Are you familiar with how to do a 'paste' on the Pre?
    I was not sure, but I tried it again. Now I realized how it worked and I got it in a mail to myself. Finally I was also able to open it by the use of the keyering exe file.

Thanks
    Any way to get unencrypted (CSV) out from Keyring?
    BackupSave backs up encrypted data only. The java utility for import/export does not accept backupsave files. So basically I can find no way to output unencrypted CSV from Keyring. Thus keyring becomes another proprietary format for a dying Palm Pre platform.
    I will try and export csv out from my Centro Keyring and then import CSV into JVault, a utility that does provide CSV out. I wish I would have done this earlier, before investing Keyring with any significant input which I will have to now recreate manually on JVault. I wish I would not have trusted Keyring developer's promises to give me the csv out.
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    BackupSave backs up encrypted data only. The java utility for import/export does not accept backupsave files. So basically I can find no way to output unencrypted CSV from Keyring. Thus keyring becomes another proprietary format for a dying Palm Pre platform.
    I will try and export csv out from my Centro Keyring and then import CSV into JVault, a utility that does provide CSV out. I wish I would have done this earlier, before investing Keyring with any significant input which I will have to now recreate manually on JVault. I wish I would not have trusted Keyring developer's promises to give me the csv out.
    Just last week I took the java utility linked in this thread, opened my encrypted backup file, exported to csv and opened it in Excel (then password protected that file so that my father could use it if needed). Only problem was the utility didn't like entries that had an unknown category on them. Once those entries were fixed, I didn't have any problems at all.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.