Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gyhor View Post
    I have a 1.4 german Pre.

And the bug is persistent. I click on the row, it returns to normal size. Then i change back to the main screen and return. The bug is still there.
    Even when I create a new item, there is still the bug.
    Did you update keyring to 0.3.0? The text fields display fine for me now, though the category row is still taller.

Krid, I noticed the same problem with updating the icon. I had the same problem with my own app that I am testing, and also had to delete and reinstall to fix it. Hopefully it will clear up on its own. Edit: a Luna restart fixed the splash page icon.
    When I updated to 1.4 Keyring lost all of its info. the program is still there, the info I had entered is not. That confirms my fear about having this info in one place without being able to back it up. I deleted Keyring.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaklun View Post
    When I updated to 1.4 Keyring lost all of its info. the program is still there, the info I had entered is not. That confirms my fear about having this info in one place without being able to back it up. I deleted Keyring.
    If you'd bothered to ask about it or search the thread, you'd have discovered that you *can* export your Keyring data (still encrypted, mind you!), effectively backing it up. It's not that hard to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaklun View Post
    I had no issues with the 1.4 update, however, I did do a backup (export to clipboard and email to myself) first just in case.
    My update was fine also. I do the backup pretty routinely.

By the way - what would be the method for a backup to a URL?

Great looking new icon by the way, love it.

-Edit-
    Nevermind, I looked it up!

Keyring for webOS
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Did you update keyring to 0.3.0? The text fields display fine for me now, though the category row is still taller.
    yes, i updated to keyring 0.3.0
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Laddies and gentlewomen, I'm vastly excited to present the shiny new Keyring Desktop Client! It provides the following features:
    • Load and save Keyring databases via the file system or URL
    • View, edit, add and delete items
    • Import from the following formats:
      - CSV (plain and Excel flavors)
      - Keyring for PalmOS
      - eWallet
      - CodeWallet
    • Export to CSV (round trip from CSV => Keyring => CSV with no differences)
    • Automatic lockout after 60s idle time.

Usage:
    java -jar keyring-ui.jar [json-db-file]
    To start up the full-featured GUI, optionally loading the given db.
    OR

java -jar keyring-ui.jar input-file json-output-file [keyring|csv|ewallet|codewallet]
    To convert input-file from the given format and write to json-output-file.
    In the second mode, it works just like the old converter; however, it's a lot easier to do conversion in GUI mode. See the instructions for the converter for details on format conversion and export encryption stuff.

I'll be polishing this up over the next few days. Once it's stable, I'll put out a beta, and start work on some exciting new features I think y'all will really like. More on that soon...

DANGER: This is alpha code. It's got bugs. It's got foibles. It wants to eat your data. If you trust it with your important data, you deserve the suffering that you get, and I'll laugh at you.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    The desktop app looks very promising!

I hope it will also import WebOS Keyring backup files - it's my understanding that right now it will only import PalmOS Keyring db's, am I correct?

I tried pasting the Pre Keyring backup code (between the {"schema_version": ... and ... ="} )into a Text Edit (Mac) doc set to plain text, saved and tried an import with both a .txt extension and no extension. No love....

Was that wishful testing?

Thanks for a great app, ideas and efforts!

P.S. The ultimate combo... WebOS Keyring sync to Desktop Keyring! Just dreamin'!
    Quote Originally Posted by arnj View Post
    I hope it will also import WebOS Keyring backup files - it's my understanding that right now it will only import PalmOS Keyring db's, am I correct?

I tried pasting the Pre Keyring backup code (between the {"schema_version": ... and ... ="} )into a Text Edit (Mac) doc set to plain text, saved and tried an import with both a .txt extension and no extension. No love....

Was that wishful testing?
    You don't import Keyring backup files, you open them. File->open, browse for file, click Open, and enter the password for the file. I just tested it with one of the converter test files and it opened it successfully.

As for import, it will currently import KeyRing for PalmOS, eWallet, CodeWallet, and csv files.

Nice start on the GUI.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Krid,

you are the man, dude! While I haven't got it all working yet with my CSV file from TopSecret (via OOO3.2), I sure appreciate the GUI!

Now when I get the Java security thingy to install, I will be finally importing my Top Secret passwords (from Palm) and be able to keep sync'd with my laptop.

thanks!
    I think this app alone will make me keep the Pre and not change. Now that I am certain that this info can be transferred to another system in the future (hopefully still Palm).
    Kudos!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I've spent the last two hours reading the entire thread. This Keyring safe really looks great.

Does the Java Desktop Client run on Windows XP? If so, how is it installed?
    First of all, props!!! You rock!!!

I also am wondering if its possible to open the db directly from the device using sftp or something of the like.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CESantos View Post
    Does the Java Desktop Client run on Windows XP? If so, how is it installed?
    It should run on XP. Install it by downloading the jar file, and running as described on my site. You probably already have Java installed, but if you don't, fetch it here.

It's pretty simple; once I get the bugs worked out, I'll beef up the instructions.

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by micahdear View Post
    I also am wondering if its possible to open the db directly from the device using sftp or something of the like.
    My fiendish plan is to build a simple webserver into the desktop client, so that you can backup directly to your desktop when you're on you home wireless network. Later I'll add a scheduled backup feature to the webOS app (probably with some logic to detect whether you're on wifi) to automatically sync.

Two-way sync is a bit hairy, so it may be a while before I get this ironed out, but it's coming eventually. Before I tackle that, I want to get the app localized in German (and possibly Spanish) and submitted to the official app catalog.

FYI, Save/Restore (doco at Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals, thread at http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html) has just been released, and supports saving and restoring Keyring application data to the USB drive.

So this can be used for an on-device backup of Keyring application data which should survive a Palm Profile reset or an Apps&Data Erase or a webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    It should run on XP. Install it by downloading the jar file, and running as described on my site. You probably already have Java installed, but if you don't, fetch it here.

It's pretty simple; once I get the bugs worked out, I'll beef up the instructions.
    Been there... done that...

I've downloaded those files to a directory and, at the command line within the same directory, tried to execute the command "java -jar keyring-ui.jar [json-db-file]" and get a response "Unable to access jarfile keyring-ui.jar". I don't see a file called "keyring-ui.jar" and I assume there should be a build or install preocess with those downloaded files in order to create one. Not being a java-type guy, the solution eludes me.

Guess I'll wait until the instructions get "beef[ed] up".... It looks well worth it.

And, while I'm at it, thanks for this great app!
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    FYI, Save/Restore (doco at Application:SaveRestore - WebOS Internals, thread at http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...velopment.html) has just been released, and supports saving and restoring Keyring application data to the USB drive.

So this can be used for an on-device backup of Keyring application data which should survive a Palm Profile reset or an Apps&Data Erase or a webOS Doctor.

-- Rod
    With the Save option, I get the following error for Keyring: "Error: no such table: Origins"
    Quote Originally Posted by CESantos View Post
    With the Save option, I get the following error for Keyring: "Error: no such table: Origins"
    It worked on mine. Have you initialized the app's database and added any entries?
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    "Initalized the apps database AND added any entries?" I have not done both. I see nothing about initializing the database. I have put in two Categories and one entry. Btw, I'm trying this on the emulator first. Should that make a difference? I expect not because it appeared to work for Memos and Messaging.

Edit: I cleared the database and put in two entries, one in each category. I still get the same error on Save.
    Last edited by CESantos; 03/30/2010 at 07:15 PM.