Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanov View Post
    I tried the converter today, having just downloaded it, and imported to Keyring 0.2.0 and the date problem still exists. A memo I created today, 3/8, says 4/8 for a date.
    I can't reproduce this using my copy of Keyring for PalmOS. Could you email or PM me a Keyring pdb file I can test on (and let me know the dates of the records within)?

Also, could we get the icon updated using the SVG that the guy provided earlier?
    A less ugly icon is coming in the next version.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krid View Post
    Now, I don't want to seem ungrateful, but what you've provided looks to me like an opaque binary (I'm totally unfamiliar with Notes, so maybe I'm wrong here). I suspect that many people would be unwilling to stick this file in their Notes server without a better idea of what it is. Is there a "source" for this, or some vaguely textual format your could post it in that would let people see what they're getting into before they load it?

As an added bonus, if you make this Notes app open source, someone else might enhance it to add a restore function.

If I'm being utterly clueless, and the .nsf file is "source" to anyone using Notes, then that's cool.
    Hi,

the file in the zip is a Notes Database (as Jerry pointet out). It contails all the source but only can be edited with the Notes Designer (wich is the Lotus Notes tool that you use to edit and create notes Application.

The design and source of the application in the NSF (Notes Storage Facsimile) isn't hidden in any way. I would be welcome anybody to join in.

I plan to continue to update this application as you change/enhance the URL backup function. At the moment there is no import function available in my application.

The next idea would be to add the URL import. My question here, do you have any plans to support authentication for that? As I would not like that everybody is able to read my encrypted data from the Internet.
    Should this URL format https://userwassword@server.com/backup work to submit a user and password ?

HaPe
    Hi,

I doctored my Pre to 1.4 yesterday. This entailed re-installing KeyRing. Unfortunately, the database appears to be lost. I did a complete back up via USB prior to doctoring. Is there a way to recover my database from that back up? I can't find my email back ups. I'd appreciate any help you can give.

Paul
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pokada View Post
    I doctored my Pre to 1.4 yesterday. This entailed re-installing KeyRing. Unfortunately, the database appears to be lost. I did a complete back up via USB prior to doctoring. Is there a way to recover my database from that back up? I can't find my email back ups.
    I don't think there's anything I can do for you. On my emulator running 1.4, the Keyring db is stored here:

/var/home/root/html5-databases/file_.media.cryptofs.apps.usr.palm.applications.com.otisbean.keyring_0/0000000000000004.db

And that's not even on the USB partition.

Unless you can find your email backups, you're out of luck. Check your deleted email folder, hunt around on Gmail, whatever. Sorry I don't have better news for you.

Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

is there any news when this is ccoming to the app catalogue? At least if it's there, data can be backed up.
    krid,

Thanks for the response. I was able to locate an e-mail in an archive folder. I mailed it to my phone. Copied it to fliq notes. Stripped out everything extraneous. Selected all and then copied it to Keyring. That worked! I'm back in business.

Is it true that if this were an official app from the catalogue that the database would be backed up? That sounds too good to be true.

Thanks again,

Paul
    Great app.
    However, I am still waiting for the CSV out in order to commit.
    Don't want to be stuck with 100s of unrecoverable passwords should this platform go away.
    Any updates on when you plan to implement CSV out?
    Thanks
    Eduard
    Krid,

I don't know if you have already new icons for you app, I remember that somewhere/someday you requested for some icons, so here is my intent on some icons for your app...

Also feel free if you got a request (e.g. maybe instead of a semitransparent circle you want a full white circle)...

Alberto
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chav1to View Post
    I don't know if you have already new icons for you app
    I've got an improved icon (no white jaggies), but nothing really exciting.

so here is my intent on some icons for your app...
    Thanks, I appreciate the work. These are definitely a step in the right direction. I like the non-black version of icon 2 (version 1 looks like a person when it's scaled down). However, it need some modification before it will work as a webOS icon:
    • Palm's guidelines state: "Application icons should be 64 x 64 pixels, encoded as a PNG with 24 bit/pixel RGB and 8 bits alpha. The icon's image should be about 56 x 56 pixels within the PNG bounds." Yours are 96x96.
    • The icon is a bit too detailed & realistic -- at "actual size" on the phone, it's going to be hard to see clearly. The keys need to be more simple, without as much detail on the head and neck.
    • I'd like to see a version where the keys and ring are different shades of grey and black, instead of just outlines. Like the color scheme of the webOS 1.4 Camera app icon.
    • The icon might work better with only three keys. That way each key could be larger, giving more room for detail and clarity.

I'm sorry if I seem ungrateful, but despite appearances to the contrary, I'm actually pretty picky about graphics and icons. I know what I want, I just don't have the ability to create it. If you don't want to put any more time into this, I'd appreciate it if you could send me the source image for the icon, assuming you've got a higher resolution version. I could probably use that to make something better than the current mess.

Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    Any updates on when you plan to implement CSV out?
    CSV export is going to be part of the Java desktop client (it will read Keyring export format). I'm guessing I'll have an alpha release of that in a week or two.

I'm sorry if I seem ungrateful, but despite appearances to the contrary, I'm actually pretty picky about graphics and icons.
    No problem at all, I'm also picky in that aspect...

However, it need some modification before it will work as a webOS icon
    I'll work on your requests and as soon as I'm done I will post the result...

Regarding the original file you can find it here in case you want to play with it, I used the SVG...

Just one thing, I'm going to erase the 4th key (from left to right), or would you like me to erase a different one???

Regards,

Alberto
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chav1to View Post
    I'll work on your requests and as soon as I'm done I will post the result...
    You're totally my hero.

Regarding the original file you can find it here in case you want to play with it
    I spent half an hour messing around with it, and came up with the attached icon. It's still clunky, but boy is it better than what I had. I look forward to seeing what you come up with, since you are probably better at graphics than I am.

Just one thing, I'm going to erase the 4th key (from left to right), or would you like me to erase a different one?
    That's fine, though I'd like to replace the teeth on the third key with the teeth from the fourth, since it looks more "key-like".

Many bonus points if you can come up with open and closed padlock icons in a similar graphical style. Here's a decent example of an antique padlock. I'm looking to replace the lock icons here.

Thanks for the pointer to openclipart.org. I found an "eye" icon there that I used to replace the cheesy "viewed" icon I was using.

CSV export is going to be part of the Java desktop client (it will read Keyring export format). I'm guessing I'll have an alpha release of that in a week or two.
    Terrific! Can't wait for this.
    This way I feel safe that I can back my data up onto my PC in an unencrypted format in case the platform goes away or changes.
    Thanks.
    X
    Krid,

I'm back... and I have both the keyring icon with the requested changes and some options for a padlock icon...

Please let me know if you want me to change/add something else to the icon...

For the padlock tell me also which one to work on for an "unlocked" version, and also if you'd like to request some changes let me know...
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Version 0.3.0 Released 2010-03-15

The most visible change is the shiny new icon from Chavito (Thanks!), but there are a bunch of bugfixes and a big change in the way items are created.

It's not clear if the icon change will show up for everyone correctly. It looks like webOS caches a few versions of an app's icon, and doesn't refresh them when the icon changes. I got the new icon in the launcher page, but the old icon in the launch bar and in the app startup card that 1.4 introduced. The only way I could clear out the old icons was to delete the app and reinstall it. This is, as you might imagine, a risky maneuver which I don't recommend unless you're very confident that your backup (export/import) strategy is sound.

Changes:
    - Creating a new item no longer requires explicit save, so you won't lose data if the app times out before you save.
    - Tapping in the title field while editing no longer creates spurious records.
    - Fixed bug in duplicate item title detection.
    - Fixed a bug where after importing a large number of records, not all of them would be immediately visible in the scrolling list.
    - Pretty new icon courtesy of Alberto Dominguez (chav1to).
    - Changed app startup mechanism to reduce resource consumption.
    - Fixed item scene formatting problems under webOS 1.4.

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Thanks for the update. I like the new icon, but will really appreciate the auto save even more!

For those of us who are command-line challenged, is there any chance of a GUI utility to convert CSV files for Keyring? I want to be able to convert from my old Palm TopSecret to CSV to KeePass, and then sync that via CSV with Key Ring. but I'd rather do emergency surgery in the snow than try to type all that java stuff that I am clueless about.

(No offense intended as I appreciate all the work you have put into it)

- Dave Jarvis
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Hi Krid,

after the update there is a bug in the detail view.
    The height from every row is now doubled. After editing a row, the size returns normal. But returning to the main screen and coming back, the row height is still to big.

greets
    rachid
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gyhor View Post
    The height from every row is now doubled. After editing a row, the size returns normal. But returning to the main screen and coming back, the row height is still to big.
    Are you running webOS 1.3.5 or 1.4? When I upgraded to 1.4, this bug showed up in Keyring 0.2.0, so I made some changes to the html in the scene. Since 1.4 should be out on all the networks soon, I'm not going to make any changes for this.

I didn't test 0.3.0 under 1.3.5, because the SDK makes it very hard to have two versions of the OS installed. I'm going to bring this up with the folks at Palm, since they're not committed to rolling out OS upgrades worldwide on the same day.

Quote Originally Posted by gyhor View Post
    The height from every row is now doubled. After editing a row, the size returns normal.
    I noticed this after I did an import via clipboard. I recently ran webOS Doctor for another issue and imported a backup. All I had to do was click on each row that was double sized and it returned to normal. I figured it was just a minor issue with the restore process.

Also, after the size of the rows returned to normal, they stayed that way for me.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Are you running webOS 1.3.5 or 1.4?
    I have a 1.4 german Pre.

And the bug is persistent. I click on the row, it returns to normal size. Then i change back to the main screen and return. The bug is still there.
    Even when I create a new item, there is still the bug.