Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 451
Like Tree7Likes
  1. krid's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
       #221  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    Wow. Are you planning on going back to work full time or focus on independent development?
    I'm going to work on open source stuff for a few months, and then go into contracting for a year or so. I'll probably get a full time job one of these days, but I'm going to enjoy my life for a while. I've got a pile of ideas for apps, both webOS and plain old web, and I want to see what I can do with them.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

    Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

    Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
  2. #222  
    Bug report: When importing from Palm OS Keyring, the creation date is off by one month.

    Also is there any way to export unencrypted data from Web OS Keyring?
  3. krid's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
       #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    Bug report: When importing from Palm OS Keyring, the creation date is off by one month.
    Doh! All my PalmOS stuff was really old, so I didn't pay much attention to the dates. Thanks for the report, I'll file a bug.

    Also is there any way to export unencrypted data from Web OS Keyring?
    Not yet. Once I get the desktop client finished it will have CSV export.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

    Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

    Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
  4. #224  
    Thanks krid!
    Any chance you can tell me when the import function will be fixed?
    Don't mean to pressure you but I am considering returning the Pre and sticking with the Centro.
    Thanks
    x
  5. DNic's Avatar
    Posts
    570 Posts
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    #225  
    Just started using it to be able to login into sites that loose their password. Works great for what I need, which is to keep the passwords secure.
  6. krid's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
       #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    Any chance you can tell me when the import function will be fixed?
    Should be later this week.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

    Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

    Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
  7. #227  
    Thanks a lot for working on the wrong date on import from Palm OS to Web OS bug.
    As a former software developer I know it's not fun to work on bugs on utilities.
    However for me it's the most important thing in porting the Centro to Pre with hundreds of passwords. I appreciate your work and look forward to a clean import of my database so that I can start using it!
  8. #228  
    Thanks for the app krid. It is a great application. After downloading the java security extensions it works great. I can now delete my old palm memo that show up as a regular unhidden file in outlook.

    BTW, I love step number 8 in your help file instructions.
  9. krid's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
       #229  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    Thanks a lot for working on the wrong date on import from Palm OS to Web OS bug.
    Turns out there were two bugs. An off-by-one error in the upstream GnuKeyring converter classes, and a stupid naming-convention bug in my converter code. It's a lot harder to figure out what's going on when there are two overlapping bugs...

    I've uploaded a new version of keyring-converter.jar that fixes both bugs. Everything is once again right in the world.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

    Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

    Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
  10. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #230  
    Krid,
    I am about to embark on a 9 week trip around the world late next week and would like the PC read option for keyring in case my phone is lost/busted/stolen. I will be bringing my unlocked O2 phone back to Germany during this time. Any time estimates on the desktop client? I use keyring for everything and its a potential disaster point for me. Thanks in hope!
  11. krid's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
       #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I am about to embark on a 9 week trip around the world late next week and would like the PC read option for keyring in case my phone is lost/busted/stolen.
    I mentioned this before, but if you get desperate, you can load up Keyring on the emulator and import your data there. It's not exactly a lightweight solution, but it's there if you need it.

    Any time estimates on the desktop client? I use keyring for everything and its a potential disaster point for me.
    I hope to have something alpha quality out next week. I'd be scared to use it for anything beyond read-only at that point, but that should be all you need. It'll probably be another few weeks before the desktop client is ready for serious use.
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

    Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

    Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
  12. #232  
    I got it to work but only after exporting clipboard to a text file.
    A simple fix would be: start parsing only after the first { and stop after the first }
    This way we don't need to try to figure out how to strip a large email from the signature and prefix.
    Keep up the good work!
  13. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #233  
    I exported the database via email now trying to add it to keyring on the emulator. I get to the stage on the Pre emulator after select and copy the email text (opened the email client to pick up the email export from my real Pre) but when I try import from the clipboard I am at a loss on the next action. There is no "gesture" key on the emulator so the paste command cannot be actioned. Windows CTRL+V does not work. When I use the keyring pull down edit menu the program jumps back to the database menu. Any suggestions on the next step.
  14. #234  
    Quote Originally Posted by PreRunr View Post
    I exported the database via email now trying to add it to keyring on the emulator. I get to the stage on the Pre emulator after select and copy the email text (opened the email client to pick up the email export from my real Pre) but when I try import from the clipboard I am at a loss on the next action. There is no "gesture" key on the emulator so the paste command cannot be actioned. Windows CTRL+V does not work. When I use the keyring pull down edit menu the program jumps back to the database menu. Any suggestions on the next step.
    Hmm, I was going to suggest the edit menu until I re-read your entire post. Try importing from a file. Paste the data into a file and transfer that to /media/internal in the emulator with webosqi. Then change the import method to 'file' and enter the filename and password.

    I will try to test that option here in a few minutes. Working a crisis at work right now.

    Edit: Yep, it worked great. I know Krid tests in the emulator, so he could have told you all that without blinking.
    Last edited by Grabber5.0; 02/20/2010 at 05:45 AM.
  15. krid's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
       #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    I got it to work but only after exporting clipboard to a text file.
    A simple fix would be: start parsing only after the first { and stop after the first }
    This way we don't need to try to figure out how to strip a large email from the signature and prefix.
    Can you give me some more detail on the problems you had? Keyring already does what you're asking, via the following code:

    Code:
    var cleanData = jsonData.replace(/^[^{]*?(\{[^}]+\})[^}]*?$/, '$1');
    I've speculated previously that webOS may have a limit on the size of the clipboard, or the amount that can be pasted into an input box. Perhaps that's what was causing your problem?
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

    Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

    Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
  16. #236  
    It makes sense then if the clipboard size has a limit - I have a pretty large keyring database. I'll try to test the cut and paste function and report back. Either way, I am happy I have a backup option.
  17. krid's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    135 Global Posts
       #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by xdreduardx View Post
    It makes sense then if the clipboard size has a limit - I have a pretty large keyring database.
    How many items? How big is the export file?

    I've been thinking of adding a feature in a future version that would give the option to report some (anonymized) statistics back to me. Things like number of items, edits per item, views per item, number of categories, how often typedown filtering is used, etc. Having some clue about that sort of data would be really useful when it comes to planning and prioritizing new features. Anyone have a comment about this idea?
    Author of Keyring for webOS - Easy password management on your phone

    Get Keyring :: Keyring website :: Keyring desktop client :: Keyring bugs :: Desktop client bugs

    Like what I've done with Keyring? Hire me!
  18. PreRunr's Avatar
    Posts
    344 Posts
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    #238  
    Grabber5.0 yes that method works for me, relief from my side, thanks for your help
  19. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by krid View Post
    I've been thinking of adding a feature in a future version that would give the option to report some (anonymized) statistics back to me. Things like number of items, edits per item, views per item, number of categories, how often typedown filtering is used, etc. Having some clue about that sort of data would be really useful when it comes to planning and prioritizing new features. Anyone have a comment about this idea?
    I don't like the idea if it was automatic, but... if a reminder popped up every now and then, and if you opt in, and the program sent the info via cleartext email, that I could look at first, I'd go for it...

    Regards,
    -Jerryg
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  20. #240  
    Quote Originally Posted by krid View Post
    I've been thinking of adding a feature in a future version that would give the option to report some (anonymized) statistics back to me. Things like number of items, edits per item, views per item, number of categories, how often typedown filtering is used, etc. Having some clue about that sort of data would be really useful when it comes to planning and prioritizing new features. Anyone have a comment about this idea?
    If it helps you to improve this already great app, I have no problem with it.

Posting Permissions