Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    TeaTimer is a simple app to help prevent bitter tea, nobody likes that. Its still rough around the edges and I have a list of features left to implement, but I wanted to get some feedback before I got too far. I have learned many times that what makes sense to me isn't always what makes sense to others.

Current verison: 0.6.3 (10/18/09)

This app is licensed under the GPL V2.

Known Issues:
    • None

Changlog:

Version 0.6.3
    • Bug fixes
    • Spanish translation

Version 0.6.2
    • New option to email tea details

Version 0.6.1
    • New water volume option with selectable units
    • Bug fixes

Version 0.6.0
    • Updated power management
    • New time entry mode, the traditional MM:SS

Version 0.5.0
    • Slight change to application flow
    • Alarm vibrate option
    • New alarm code
    • New add/edit scene
    • New tea amount option
    • New tea notes options

Version 0.4.1
    • New repeating alarm option

Version 0.4.0
    • Move edit to the tea list view
    • Add ability to filter tea list
    • Add preference for alarm sound
    • New alarm sound

Version 0.3.0
    • Dashboard scene to go with notification
    • Don't use notification sound, play it manually
    • Disable power management for the duration of the timer
    • Add Water Temp attribute
    • Add Auto Start option
    • New artwork courtesy of seanau.com

Version 0.2.0
    • Added edit capabilities to the tea list
    • Separated the tea list into a new scene
    • Better error handling with the add/edit dialogs
    • Fixed swipeToDelete issue with only the 'Delete' button appearing

Warning: Version 0.3.0 and newer use a different app id so delete TeaTimer manually before installing the new verison. This will erase all current app data.
    Last edited by fergus420; 10/18/2009 at 08:40 PM. Reason: New release
    It's functional. The tea list isn't quite as useful just because I'm not terribly picky (just 3min or 5min typically). My only request would be to have timers start once you select the time and/or tea.

So instead of selecting 5 minutes, then hitting start. I just hit 5 minutes and it goes.

I was using this instead of a different timer app for tea (about the only thing I need to time).
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Why not ad lots of things like steaks, eggs, bread, pasta, etc
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I'll put the autostart option on the todo list.. Let me get my current planned features implemented and we can start adding new things to time. Thanks for the feedback.
    This app is perfect. maybe the option to store brew temps would be a nice addition.
    I know this is a stupid question, but where do I find your source?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    atomichumbucker,

Thank you for the kind words. Storing extra information like brew temp is in my plans.

zx3junglist,

The ipkg package file you download to install can be extracted with the ar command in unix. I am not sure about windows but I would guess 7zip can extract it too. Inside there is a data.tar.gz file which contains the source to the app. I plan on putting the code on the code.google.com in the future as well. I'll add more details when that happens.

Thanks
    rich
    Not to be a bummer, but the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of your app was "Oh, a SpyBot utility for the Pre?" - TeaTimer is already a registered name The home of Spybot-S&D! Just thinking ahead for the App Catalog...
    Thanks for the reply and info. I'm just looking to start coding for the platform, and I wanted to see a few examples so I can absorb some practices, etc. before jumping in.
    Thanks for the reply and info. I'm just looking to start coding for the platform, and I wanted to see a few examples so I can absorb some practices, etc. before jumping in.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I recommend the oreilly book, Palm webOS | O'Reilly Media. It has helped me get this far. I wish it had more information on formating and the different CSS classes. That is where I struggle the most.

rich
    **double posted**
    Quote Originally Posted by fergus420 View Post
    I recommend the oreilly book, Palm webOS | O'Reilly Media. It has helped me get this far. I wish it had more information on formating and the different CSS classes. That is where I struggle the most.

rich
    Interesting... thanks again for the tip. I wouldn't have thought there would be an O'Reilly book for webOS at tihs early stage in the game. I'll check that out, thanks!

side note: I seem to be having issues posting/double-posting/editing. Sorry mods, it is unintentional.
    This is great! I'm an avid tea drinker and use a timer/thermometer combo. Have you thought of adding the suggested temperatures for the different types of tea?
    It looks great. I actually use it for tea and coffee (French press@5 minutes and cupping samples @ 4minutes). What it lacks is a good alarm at the finish. I missed it a couple of times as is was so quick and quiet.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Right now I lookup your system notification sound and use that. Eventually I'll let you select a custom sound for the alarm. Not sure if I can control the volume.
    fergus420 (funny name sir, lol but i diggs) THANKS you for this app! I am a Tea ENTHUSIAST! That helps, as I drink many cups a day (healthy for ya, green and whites da best). Love the app, works great. But as mentioned up there, after perfecting this, definitely look into a more robust app for timing several other things. Thanks again.

I LOVE THE HOMEBREW SCENE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great work Great new Icon

I don't drink tea, so going to the "tea list" is worthless to me... but that is the beauty of the app. You have the presets, which will work 100% for everything I use timers for (generally timing rounds in a party game or something).

I'm not sure if you are aware, but most of the stopwatch / timers that are out there right now... on a timer, don't reset to the time you already set. By that I mean, the other great stopwatch app by 6 crackers requires you to type 1:00, hit start. Type it again, start. Type it again, Start. Your reset button is awesome

I think the only feature its missing for me (and again, this is from a non-tea guy) - Let me set a custom sound, or provide a few more choices. Normally I'm in a room full of screaming people (pictionary :P), so I need a bit more of a notice.

I understand my use of this app isn't its design, but, still fully functional... Great work
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    FuManChuu,

Choosing a custom sound should be in the next version. Not sure when that will be released but its on the todo list.
    Got the update, thanks for the auto start. Love the new icon too.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast