Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The app searches the wrong directory for alarm sounds. It's not looking in my "ringtones" directory, it's pulling up MP3s instead.

I agree that the alarm isn't on long enough. Ididn't hear it at all the first time. Maybe you can set it to play for 20 seconds or something until we turn off the notification.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    cajunlibra,

I agree it makes more sense to search the ringtones instead but unfortunately the 'ringtone' option for the filePicker is undocumented. I would like to get this app into the App Catalog so I am limiting myself to only the documented API calls. I know this doesn't help but at least you can understand my decision.
    Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it never plays a sound for me. Even when I put it next to me on the desk I often miss it. I've been drinking more bitter tea since having this app than before.

Maybe you could offer an option to vibrate?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Littletyger,

More bitter tea? This is no good! What version are you using? When TeaTimer plays the alarm is uses the music audio level. Make sure this level isn't all the way down. You can check this by going into the Music Player, play any song and then adjust the volume. The next things is make sure the phone isn't set on silent with the switch by the power button. I can't tell you how many times I have done that... I'll look into a vibrate option.
    Hi Fergus!

I am using the most current version (4.1), but I haven't downloaded any songs onto my phone yet. I had trouble doing that too, even after following the help directions. Maybe the bitter tea is affecting my brain!
    Custom sound would be good as at the moment I just get to choose my music which are 3-4 minutes long and therefore do not need repeating
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I have discovered a bug in the latest release that may cause an additional alarm sound play after the 'tea ready' dialog is acknowledged if you are using the repeat option. I am testing the fix now and should have an update posted soon..

rich
    Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! (for adding an alarm sound)

I had a wonderful cup of not bitter Adagio Thai Chai this morning! Thanks again!
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Littletyger View Post
    had a wonderful cup of not bitter Adagio Thai Chai this morning! Thanks again!
    I am glad its working for you. It's the little victories that count.
    I tried the application today and have only one complaint — the default alarm sound.

Expecting a pleasant chiming sound (or similar) when my tea was ready, I left the sound on while the tea brewed. Five minutes later, my coworkers and I were jumping up from our desks to the apparent sounds of the building fire alarm. Sheepishly, I scrambled to turn off the alarm before the fire department was actually called.

I do see that I can use my own alarm (from the music folder apparently?), but it would be nice (and provide a much calmer experience) if the default sound was less strident. (And this coming from someone with the username “bagpiper”.

Thanks!
    John
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    bagpiper,

I am trying to get a better alarm sound but unfortunately I am not musically inclined. If you have one to donate or know where I can get a better one I am all ears. But look on the bright side, it worked =)
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I just released a new version 0.5.0 which should make a few of you happy. There now is a vibrate option. I also re-worked the audio code quite a bit. There was a race condition which could result in the alarm not sounding. This might have been the issue that was reported. All feedback is welcome.

rich
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Excellent. Thanks. Funny that I look for timers mostly to perform this specific function.

I like the louder alarm, and the repeat function is a great addition.

I did prefer going directly to standard times versus the tea list...maybe an option under preferences. Third option might be a list of just your favorites.

thanks again.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    sjcdal,

Thanks for the feedback. The tea list is reorderable so if you want your favorites to show up at the top just drag them there.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    If anyone is having trouble with the alarm not sounding with the new WebOS 1.2, I have a fix coming. It appears the power management behavior changed slightly. I need to rework a few things but should have something out this weekend.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I just released a new version with updated power management. If you have ever had a problem with the alarm not going off please try this new version. If you are still having a problem please let me know. Thanks.
    hmmmmm.
    I tried to install the app today, but the download link at http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/teatimer just points to the homepage. I also tried the fileCoaster. But there I couldn't find it neither.
    Am I missing something?
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Algodon View Post
    I tried to install the app today, but the download link at http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-apps/teatimer just points to the homepage. I also tried the fileCoaster. But there I couldn't find it neither.
    Am I missing something?
    That page also shows:

Availability
    Coming soon to the App Catalog...

I think that's why it's not currently available for download. I checked the App Catalog, but it's not there yet.

I'm looking forward to more-convenient less-bitter tea real soon now. I'm using the CountDownClock for now.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Sorry for the long delay in responding. TeaTimer exposed a "critical bug" in the latest webos release that palm is working. Not sure what that means for when it will be available but please be patient. I hope they get it resolved soon.

rich
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast