Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    For this version. You must put in a valid email address, in the preferences scene. With out it you will not get your info back from the server, You will not be able to back up/restore your data, or you will not get actual GPX/CSV files. This is very important. I will be adding checks for valid emails in future versions, but right now I do not have them. You can go back and add your email in the preferences screen. You can access it from the settings drop down (top left corner it will say Workout Tracker.... Press that and then choose Preferences.

It's two apps in one!! The first app is a combined GPS and stop-watch which allows you to utilize distance and time to your run/bike;
    such as running by mileage instead of time, or keeping track of your favorite route. It will even notify you after you have completed another mile, and show you how far you have gone!
    The second app enables you to keep track of all your exercises, reps, and weights at the gym, all on your phone!!
    No more notebooks! And if you get bored doing the same old exercises, just give your phone a shake and it will come up with a new exercise for that body part!
    And best of all, both apps allow you to email all of the data back to your PC! This is the do-it-all phone for your workout program!</p>

<p> This is my Beta Version that I am testing as it will be the free version of it. It is limited to 14 Days. </p>

To Do List in Future Version.
    1. Add User Name and Password, so that the website can start storing the users data on it.
    2. Allow updates to the Exercises, change the name, edit the Description/Instructions.
    3. Sync the Exercises with the Main Database on the workout-tracker.net website. This way all users will have the same version if they want to.
    Allows for sharing of workouts. -- Working on it
    4. Keep Route information from the stop watch on the server (done)
    5. Create a Google earh Export FIle so users can view the course through Google Maps. (done)
    6. Store the Route Information on the server so that it does not take so much space on the phone. (done)
    7. Add User Enter Run/Walk/Bike info. For when going inside in the gym. (done)
    8. Be able to create exercises/routines for the week or day.

Change Log:

09/07/09
    -- Fixed the issue with the pre-defined exercises from not loading.
    09/09/09
    -- Fixed
    ---- Stop Watch
    ---- Added notification in the Add Exercise and Track Eork Out
    ---- Fixed issue with Set Number and Weight Info when you hit the next set.
    09/09/09 -- 2
    Added Email Capabilities to Demo Version for the History Scene

09/10/09 V 0.0.998
    -- Several fixes to the GPS Functionality to make it work more smoothly.
    -- Included updates to fix the results screen in the Stop Watch Portion.
    -- Enabled email in the Stop watch for testing purposes.

9/13/09 V 0.0.999

This version has some additions/bug fixes. Like the date time in the emails for the workouts.
    Also a CSV cut and paste for Log Lat that you can convert to GPX.

The problem with actually creating a GPX file is.....

1. Right now the API's do not allow for the creation of files.
    2. When I tried to send it through the email, it would never show up. I think it was that the email did not like the XML Format I had to have it in.
    I was really annoyed with it. But we have to deal with some of the limitations of the WebOs API....

9/13/09 V 0.0.9991

Change the format to make it like a site I found to be converted into GPX
    Universal csv with field structure in first line (unicsv)

9/13/09 V 0.0.9992
    GPSBabel: convert, upload, download data from GPS and Map programs

Tested the export of the file with the converter to the above link. It worked great. Then I loaded the gpx file to google earth and tried that at it was pretty darn accurate.

9/16/09 V 0.1.1
    Change Splash Screen and New Icon.
    Change the Demo Time From 50 try's to 28 Days
    Added separate email for the route information.
    Added Signal Quality Percent to the Stop Watch Results page. It based on the how close the horizontal Accuracy is. It needs to be less than 10 to count as a good signal.

9/18/2009 V 0.1.33
    Added an accuracy check for the GPS Signal.
    Also fixed a few bugs with the Distance and Speed precision.

9/21/2009 V 0.1.94

-- Removed Preferences from Main Menu
    -- Removed Save Cancel Button From Presences Screen
    -- Added The ability to Choose the Palm Light or Dark Theme
    -- Removed the Email Button from The History Screen (Check Preferences)
    ---- Added The Default Email Icon to the screen in the command menu.
    -- Removed Radio Buttons for the Type on the Stop Watch Screen
    -- Added Drop down menu's (sub menu's) from the Stop Watch Screen so you can choose the Type of Exercise, Also to Turn The GPS off and on.
    -- Cleaned the stage screen so that it will load faster.
    -- Fixed Demo Display Value
    -- Stop Button Takes you to the Results Screen Immediately

v 0.1.97 9/21/09
    Added Vibrate Notification to Every Mile Indicator
    Added Vibrate Notification to Save of Exercise and Workout
    Changed Location And Names of Exercises
    -- Track Work Out is now Start Your WorkOut
    -- Add Exercise is now under "Start Your WorkOut" And Name is changed to Create Exercise

09-27-09 V 0.2.10
    -----------------------
    Lots of Under the hood changes which include a lot of error handling.

Web Site
    WorkOut Tracker
    App Forum Web Site
    Forums.Workout-Tracker.net &bull; Index page

10-17-09 V 0.2.16 Name Change to Dev
    New Version Used for Beta Testing.
    Version Includes:
    New Cardio Screen
    Stop Watch Changes:
    --Creates A lap after every Mile
    -- Stronger Vibrate after every Mile.
    -- Pause Function
    -- Graphs in the Result Screen that shows Speed, Altitude.
    -- Better Route Information It includes date, speed, altitude and track count.
    -- Max Speed is a work in progress
    -- Cardio Screen is also a work in Progress

10/23/2009 V .0.2.20
    Changed Graphing Functions
    Added Auto Calorie Calculation in Cardio Screen.
    Worked on the Max Speed again I think I actually got it this time.

When you use this version you will be prompted to enter you Preferences again.
    This is to add a password. This is so I can test my server side updates. Also it will be used for trial version verification. I have also cleaned up the Preferences screen as well.

-- Audio Special Treat After every Mile..... ;-)

10/29/2009 V 0.2.22

-- Added more Graphs in the Check Preferences Section.
    ------ Stop Watch, Cardio Now have graphing.
    --------- Needs more than one record to see the graphs.
    -- Cardio screen Auto calculates the following
    ---- Calories
    ---- Average Speed
    ---- Pace
    -- This done by adding the Exercise type, Time (00:00:00) and Distance

--- This is very much a beta version so please report any bugs.

11/09/2009 V 0.2.51

Added graph for the Workouts.
    Some Bug fixes that have been around for a while.
    Screen Layout Changes in the Stop Watch and Workout Scene. These were requested to fit on the Pixi.

This version was sent to Palm to update the current versions in the catalog. (actually the "trial" and "Full" version were.

11/16/2009 V 0.2.54

Added GPX Data Extract and CSV
    Changed Pause Button to show Resume.

Fixed issues with first Log in screen with the trial showing it was expired.

11/22/2009 V 0.2.55

Added New Edit Exercise Screen. Now You can actually edit your exercises.

This version (Demo) will be here as I work on more improvements to it.

Version 0.2.56
    11/27/2009
    Added lists For all exercises (Cardio,StopWatch,Weights)
    Can now Edit/Delete Exercises
    GPX Email Data Now Works.
    Version 0.2.57
    11/28/2009
    You can now Set up Custom Work Out Weight intervals.
    Also a Version Update screen is when you first log in. This will show what is new for this version.

I am about ready to submit this version for Palm Review so Please Let me know if you see any thing funky.

Version 0.6.0
    06/23/2010

I am currently syncing to my server, this will allow for the creation of GPX and CSV files that are emailed directly to you.

You need to make sure you enter a valid email address or you will not get your data, nor will I be-able to find it.

GPS modified a little to help with speed of lock, and accuracy of the data

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me know what you all think on what else would be good.
    Last edited by ohallord; 06/26/2010 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Must have vaild Email
    Sounds Awesome.
    Cant Wait to give it a try.
  3.    #3  
    I hope so.. I have worked on it for a while. Let me know what you think (when it is published)
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Where is it? I checked Preware and File coaster but can't find it. I've been wishing for something like this ever since I started downloading homebrew apps.
    Since is a all you can eat health app. Why not add a nutrion function?
    Searcg for food.s count your calroie intake.

Would gladly pay for an app that does what you hav started to work on but i can also use to track my eating habit.
  6.    #6  
    Not sure why it is not up yet, either, also I will put the Calorie/Food Intake on the wish list. That was in the back of my mind to do it as it was.

I just want to get the initial app in-place. I am also working on tying it to a web site so I can do more with it. That is you will be able to share your exercises that you add with others. And also be able to share different routes with others as well.
    Cant wait to check this app out. Been waiting or an app like this to hit the pre
    I'm fairly lax on the privacy issues that seem to pop up from people, but some are very big on privacy. I don't know that sharing routes and such would be a good idea, however if it was anonymous, I guess it could work fine.

Also, great work! One quick thing I see in your screenshots: The speed, time, etc page's titles are off-centered.
  9.    #9  
    This routes would be totally anonymous as I agree about that. I you let you choose a route from your area code and then you can run it, but that is a further down the road thing.

Yea I have some issues with the centering. The compass one is the worst one.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    Where is it? I checked Preware and File coaster but can't find it. I've been wishing for something like this ever since I started downloading homebrew apps.
    I figured out what I did. I forgot to check something off when I posted the app so it should be out there today.
    I was very excited that this app was going to have the features that PreTrack is missing. Unfortunately, the app seems to have lots of problems. I think you should have posted the app here for testing before you submitted it to the app catalog.

I missed with it for 15 mins and never got it to work. There is no way to tell if the GPS is on or off. I would push start and nothing would happen. A few minutes later I would look down and it would be running. I ran for a minute with it running, but it never showed any distance, pace, or speed and the compass always said N no matter which way I turned. Also, the screen is really hard to read. I suggest you try different colors.

Hopefully, your paid app works.
  12.    #12  
    I am sorry you had problems. When I have used it it works for me.

I am not sure if you can do this for me or not, but can you send me your messages in /var/log. This may help me.

I really want to make this right and fix whatever because I want it to be the best it can.

The compass only works when you are moving. That is one thing that is annoying to me as well. This is because GPS only works when you are moving.

I ran with it yesterday and I got good results. So if you could tell me exactly what happened and what you did maybe I can figure out what went wrong.

Also can you tell me if you have any exercises in the list? You should have a lot all Major Body parts.
    Thanks for your bad experience. I hope you will try it again. Also try it in your car as it will work there.

The GPS is on by default. The if you push the gps off button then it will say off on all of the boxes except for the stop watch.

I will change the top buttons to a toggle button so you can tell it is on. That might help.
    Last edited by ohallord; 09/07/2009 at 10:17 AM. Reason: Updating comments
    Sounds like a great application. Certainly one i would use on a regular basis. It does have a few bugs, hopefully they are worked out in the paid version, (inserting new exercises, editing existing exercises, centering issues to name a few)
    However, I was disappointed to learn i could only use it 15 times. That definitely discourages me from putting in all the exercise info knowing i only have 15 workouts. Since i have no idea when the paid version will become available in the app catalog, i will wait to you have unlimited use in the demo side or get the paid app when it hits the catalog.
    Great application. I look forward to using it when it becomes feasible to do so.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by alexlevy117 View Post
    Sounds like a great application. Certainly one i would use on a regular basis. It does have a few bugs, hopefully they are worked out in the paid version, (inserting new exercises, editing existing exercises, centering issues to name a few)
    However, I was disappointed to learn i could only use it 15 times. That definitely discourages me from putting in all the exercise info knowing i only have 15 workouts. Since i have no idea when the paid version will become available in the app catalog, i will wait to you have unlimited use in the demo side or get the paid app when it hits the catalog.
    Great application. I look forward to using it when it becomes feasible to do so.
    I have changed it to 65 for this forum so Check for an update today or tomorrow so you can have more.
    Editing exercise's are not available in this version, it will be in the next version, I want to get my website working so that you can do a "sync" to it so that you can get other user entered exercise.

I will work on fixing the centering issues this week.

Also a trick on the inserting... You have exit the work out tracking portion then it will show up. I have not figure out how to fix that issue. Best is to insert your exercise before you go into the track work out scene.

Also there should be over 300 hundered pre-populated exercises as well.
    ohallord.

Your app is definitely an app I see myself using on a daily basis.
    I have been doing the P90X for 60 days now and i have manually jat down my exercises.

And with the addition to have a thriving user forum to share experiences. I can really see your app gaining success amongst pre fit buffs.

I agree there are some bugs that need ironing out but overall awesome concept.
    But like I mentioned before Nutrion chart or calorie intake log built in=WIN.

How much are you going to charge for the app?
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by gnove View Post
    ohallord.

Your app is definitely an app I see myself using on a daily basis.
    I have been doing the P90X for 60 days now and i have manually jat down my exercises.

And with the addition to have a thriving user forum to share experiences. I can really see your app gaining success amongst pre fit buffs.

I agree there are some bugs that need ironing out but overall awesome concept.
    But like I mentioned before Nutrion chart or calorie intake log built in=WIN.

How much are you going to charge for the app?
    I have a thought of 3.99 but not real sure yet.

I might go cheaper if I can later raise the price when I get more of the features. The early adopters will have the advantage of getting it a lot cheaper.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Is there away to track our runs/bike rides if we workout only in a gym on a tredmill or stationary bike? It looks like the only way to record it is if I actually go out run, which I never do. I record the excercises I used for weight training but I have no idea if they saved or not. I guess i'll see when I add more as the week goes on.
  18.    #18  
    I will add that to the wish List. I have talked to a few people that want that as well so I think it would be a nice feature to have. Since during the winter I run on a treadmill as well it will be something nice to have.
    From the preview build I feel like this app would be more trouble than its worth to track my exercises compared to just bringing an old notebook with me to the gym. It is too complicated to maintain an easy to follow log of the stuff I would be doing to want to bother with this app.

I commend you for working on this, I just feel that it will need a lot of work before it is fully functional. Not to mention that I'm sure there are iPhone apps that do similar things better and probably cost the same. Please don't take this as harsh, I'm just giving critical advice. Keep working on this to make it better and better.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I too am using the p90x, and after entering todays workouts (usually 12 or more a day), I was wondering if it really worth me starting to use this on my pre. Heres my questions:

1. On webos updates, what will happen to the data stored?
    2. In the instance of a webdoctor wipe out due to a hack mistake or something, what will happen the data?
    3. If this isn't accepted to the app cat, what are your plans for the homebrew scene?

It worked perfectly for my needs this morning, and would love to use it on an on going basis, but with the current limitation on workouts, and not knowing if the data is retrievable, I'm a little reluctant to take the time to input the data.
Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast