Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
  1.    #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    Used it tonight and like it a lot. One thing that I would like is a pace calculator, like the one found here...

Maybe it would need to be a seperate app, so mabe I'll post it elsewhere as well if you aren't interested in adding it.

I will add it to the to-do List I think I will have a calculator section to calculate calories and pace and maybe bmi... Stuff like that.
  2.    #162  
    I will be working on a help section on my web site with some of these issues.

So if any one has some tips and tricks please post so I can set them up on my web site.

Work Out Tracker

Thanks.
  3.    #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by marktaylor View Post
    I would consider saving the calorie tracker for a separate application. IT alone could be fairly complicated. There are a couple of Weight Watcher point apps out there, but nothing for counting calories. Of course, having it all components of this app could be a benefit, as well...we could do calories in and calories out that way. Take a look at the iPod app, Lose It! for ideas on the layout.

One think that I would like to see is the ability to combine the times and distances when uploading to EveryTrail. It may just be that I don't know what I am doing, but I can't seem to do that.

By the way, I did not get the mile notifications tonight when I ran...at least I didn't feel them if I did. Do I need to turn something on? I also noticed when I got home from my run that the gps quit tracking at about 3.5 miles of a 5 mile run...but the time kept going and the data did not disappear. Putting it up on EveryTrail verified where it stopped tracking. I was bummed! That was my longest run to date.

Again - Great work! Keep it up!!!
    The vibration is very very very week. I will try and get a stronger vibration and alerts on the next version.
    I am getting a replacement pre and will have to reload all of my apps. I am guessing if I put preware on the new phone, I will get the latest version of workout tracker, but can you tell me what that is or if you have a newer one coming out in the next week or two. If so, I'll just wait. I won't get the new phone until about the end of the week.

The other thing I haven't figured out is how do I go about paying for the app. I haven't had any I wanted to pay for yet, but this is one I want to keep.

Thanks again for all of the hard work...
  5.    #165  
    Thank you for the for the Vote of Confidence...
    I am hoping when the app store goes live it will be there,but not sure yet. I am sure it will be there with in the next few weeks though and I will keep you all posted the best I can.
    It's working great now and I love Work Out Tracker.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I really like the addition of the accuracy meter. I've got a route I run and sometimes walk with my dogs that seems to vary from 2.4 to 3.0 miles. I think it is 3.0 miles but I've got no way to know for sure. I've been tracking the accuracy to try and nail it down. Today was 2.97 and accuracy was 99% (we'll 99 something, I didn't write it down. See below)

I've also got two suggestions. First, to include the accuracy number in the results info. Second, in the history tab to offer the option to include both date range and exercise type range. Instead of emailing each result after completing, I'd like to email all the runs and walks I did for the week.

Keep it up. This is getting better and better. Definitely worth some money when the time comes.
  8.    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I really like the addition of the accuracy meter. I've got a route I run and sometimes walk with my dogs that seems to vary from 2.4 to 3.0 miles. I think it is 3.0 miles but I've got no way to know for sure. I've been tracking the accuracy to try and nail it down. Today was 2.97 and accuracy was 99% (we'll 99 something, I didn't write it down. See below)

I've also got two suggestions. First, to include the accuracy number in the results info. Second, in the history tab to offer the option to include both date range and exercise type range. Instead of emailing each result after completing, I'd like to email all the runs and walks I did for the week.

Keep it up. This is getting better and better. Definitely worth some money when the time comes.

I originally had the Type range in there and took it out so I will have to put it back in the new version since I can not make any changes to it now.

I can add the Accuracy to the email tonight and it will be in the app catalog but it will not be in the history.

Now for the route, did you email the route to your self, if you did you could use GPS Visualizer to route it and also see the altitude.

thanks for the feed back.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    In the next version, can you also put in a date range? I rarely remember what day I did something.

I have used the GPS Visualizer. It's kind of cool, but I don't find it all the useful. My concern is an accurate distance I've traveled, not so much the route. Having the accuracy meter *is* helpful. I've run this same route and gotten distances of 2.4 to 3.0 miles. Using the accuracy meter as I gauge, I can just which numbers are more likely to be true.

Are you saying you can't put in the history now or ever?
  10.    #170  
    Just now. I can't make any changes since it is currently being reviewed that is why I will add it to the next version.

Now the reason I mentioned the Visulazier is because you can see if the route was all over the place or right on. So you can test it that way.

Thanks,

I will be starting the next version real soon so watch for it.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    Just now. I can't make any changes since it is currently being reviewed that is why I will add it to the next version.
    Cool, thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    Now the reason I mentioned the Visulazier is because you can see if the route was all over the place or right on. So you can test it that way.

Thanks,

I will be starting the next version real soon so watch for it.
    This one that was 99% accurate and my last one that was 96% looked very similar. Some variation from the sidewalk I was on but both were off a little bit. I think I can overlap the two routes....if I had saved the email from before. I didn't think to. The accuracy number is easy to compare.

I will be watching!
  12.    #172  
    Look for it real soon. Either this week or next, the next version will start after it is officially released.

Thanks to all of your support and help to make it a lot better app than it was when I first started.
    Theory on my random gps stopping issues of late...

Today on the drive home from work, I turned on Work Out Tracker. I noticed that the screen is turning on unlocked with each mile notification vibration(I could feel them this time). I was holding the phone on my knee and made sure not to touch the screen when it came on. Is it possible that when the screen turns on that somehow my armband sleeve is touching in just the right place to toggle the gps off?

Would it be possible to add a preference to not notify on each mile or not to turn on the screen each time? Just a thought...let me know what you think.
  14.    #174  
    I fixed it now. So it will be a lot harder to turn off now. So if you turn off the GPS it is off for good and if you turn it on you will not be able to turn it off at all.

Part of suggestions I got from palm.
    I'll look for it to show up in fileCoaster and give it a go tomorrow. Glad to see that I am thinking similarly to Palm. Again....many many thanks for your work.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    The new wording changes are much clearer now. I have some new feedback after my last workout.

Enhancements:
    1) It would be nice to have a "Notes" section for each set. Sometimes you'd like to point out that you failed on the last rep.. or you did some new variation or something.

2) I'm confused by what the point is of allowing the user to manually change the Set? It's not like you can use it to go back and see what you did on previous sets (which brings to another problem in #3)? I would think it should not be editable. I once changed the Set to 4 when I was on 7 just to see what happens.. and it doesn't show the reps and weight that you did for Set 4.. it's like you basically erased Set 4.. who knows what the result was of that (since I couldn't email myself)?

3) Which brings me to the inability to see an itemized list of what you've done in this workout session. Sometimes I forget if this was the third or fourth set in this exercise.. and there's no way to check (that's half the point of recording this stuff)? There should be some kind of Summary button.. or History button or something.. that let's you see exactly what exercises, reps, weight the user has done in a nice format.. and it would be HUGE to be able to edit previous sets from this page.. just in case you made an error in recording a previous set. Without this.. you are completely blind out there.

4) When Adding a new exercise.. the Body Area section should be a dropdown.. not an editable text field right? I see no reason why a user should need to add a NEW Body Area.

5) I know this is the unpaid version.. but it's kind of hard to really decide whether this app is worth paying for.. if you can't email yourself the results.. and see if it's seamless enough on the email end meriting it purchase. Isn't the fact that the Demo expires enough to force user's to purchase once it expires?

Bugs:
    I tried to Add and Exercise.. and after I typed in the Body Area.. I am unable to edit the "Exercise Name" field. So basically you can't add an exercise.
  17.    #177  
    Actually if all goes well it will be in the app catalog tomorrow but I am not holding my breath. Also if it is not I will post a version here for further testing.
  18.    #178  
    The trail version will have all capabilities on the app catalog so watch out for it.

Also I will add a lot of the above mentioned features in the next release did not have the time to get to all of what I really wanted to do in the initial version. Short Deadline from palm.

I have made a lot of different changes tonight and have been working on it for the last 4 hours nonstop so, I am calling it a night tonight.

Thanks everyone for the good feed back and the next version should start real soon.
    Will gapless playback be possible at all in the future?
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Overall, I like your improvements. The font changes help the readability, the GPS seems to be more accurate.

There remains a problem with it waking up when I am running and listen to Pandora at the same time. I thought it might be related to the notification bar, as if there was nothing there, it seems to wake up faster, but there were still times that it took multiple presses of the power button and waits up to 10 seconds.

Also, the power consumption has seemed to increase. As a thought, for lap/oval rounds you may want to continue the current frequency of GPS checking and for straight runs have an option of less frequent checking for preserving the batttery.
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast