Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    So the app was running already and then you could not pull it up?
    I should have clarified. The app was running, I put the phone in my pocket, the screen went off and that's where the problem was. I couldn't get the screen to turn back on.
    Looks like there are a few glitches with the GPS portion, but my question is will this work if place it in the pocket of my running shorts or in a small pouch on a running belt?
  3.    #123  
    Cool I will see what I can do this weekend.

It is suppose to rain on Sunday and it is Football day so I will probably spend most of Sunday working on it, also to make some recommended changes that I need to do.
  4.    #124  
    I used that way before I got an Armband it it appeard to work pretty good. Now I did not have the route information working then so I am not sure how accurate the GPS was then. But let me know what you find out.

Have you tried it out?
    I used that way before I got an Armband it it appeard to work pretty good. Now I did not have the route information working then so I am not sure how accurate the GPS was then. But let me know what you find out.

Have you tried it out?
    No I haven't. Mainly because I have pre-track and it didn't seem to work from my pocket. I thought this seemed cool, but saw it was limited to 15 uses, so thought I'd wait. I see you have it upped for more, so I will DL ina few minutes and try it tonight. I am also running a 1/2 mara on Sunday. Maybe I'll stick it in my pocket and see what it pulls up.

As for DL'ing it, I skipped several pages in the thread, is the one I should DL in Filecoaster or Preware the trial? If I like and want to buy it, where does that happen? I'm still trying to figure all of this out....

Thanks...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    When I did my walk with my dogs, I had it in my shorts pocket. I got an accuracy of 96%. There are quite a few mature trees. In looking at the map data, it was close. I was walking on sidewalks around my neighborhood. Some of the corners were rounded off and during some portions, I appear to be about 15 feet off the sidewalk and walking along houses. That's really good enough, as far as I'm concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    When I did my walk with my dogs, I had it in my shorts pocket. I got an accuracy of 96%. There are quite a few mature trees. In looking at the map data, it was close. I was walking on sidewalks around my neighborhood. Some of the corners were rounded off and during some portions, I appear to be about 15 feet off the sidewalk and walking along houses. That's really good enough, as far as I'm concerned.
    I'd be happy with a 96% accuracy. Most of the GPS watches are off as well. Not sure of percentage, but I am told they are off. I have been doing a lot of higher mileage running and it would be nice to get a fairly close distance figure on those runs, so I don't have to pay as much attention to the course/route.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    took me a while to figure out how to convert the email info to kmz file but i got it

i must say the map it made was pretty darn accurate the only thing that wasnt very accurate was the speed...when i was bike riding i remember my phone telling me i was going 15mph and when i finished the run it said my highest speed was 11 ... so im guessing there is a little glith there but besides that the app is perfect...

oh and on a side note..if you try to start logging while your listening to music the app freezes i had to stop playing music then start logging then start the music again...
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    I'd be happy with a 96% accuracy. Most of the GPS watches are off as well. Not sure of percentage, but I am told they are off. I have been doing a lot of higher mileage running and it would be nice to get a fairly close distance figure on those runs, so I don't have to pay as much attention to the course/route.
    I thought 96% was pretty good too, especially with all the trees. I'll keep an eye on it and see what other numbers I get. This route is my usual one with my dogs and when I run.
  10.    #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Brian View Post
    No I haven't. Mainly because I have pre-track and it didn't seem to work from my pocket. I thought this seemed cool, but saw it was limited to 15 uses, so thought I'd wait. I see you have it upped for more, so I will DL ina few minutes and try it tonight. I am also running a 1/2 mara on Sunday. Maybe I'll stick it in my pocket and see what it pulls up.

As for DL'ing it, I skipped several pages in the thread, is the one I should DL in Filecoaster or Preware the trial? If I like and want to buy it, where does that happen? I'm still trying to figure all of this out....

Thanks...
    Right now the Paid version is not out yet I am hoping it will be available on the App catalog in the next few weeks if not I will change the demo so that it will last a little longer for people to try it.

Yes please try it this week and report back I would love to see what the route shows as well.

I have ran with it for over an hour before and the timer and stuff worked great so I would like to see how it works for a 1/2.

The trial version is available via preware and filecoaster so you should be good there.

I am not sure how I can increase the accuracy of the gps, because I am dealing with what palm gives us access to so If I loose accuracey the millage will be off if you see my screen shots I was really all over the place when I did not even move.

I really want to hear back from you after you run your 1/2

Thanks.
  11.    #131  
    Quote Originally Posted by xTKxhom3r View Post
    took me a while to figure out how to convert the email info to kmz file but i got it

i must say the map it made was pretty darn accurate the only thing that wasnt very accurate was the speed...when i was bike riding i remember my phone telling me i was going 15mph and when i finished the run it said my highest speed was 11 ... so im guessing there is a little glith there but besides that the app is perfect...

oh and on a side note..if you try to start logging while your listening to music the app freezes i had to stop playing music then start logging then start the music again...
    Yea I may take the max speed off, it should be an easy thing to do but for some reason it never works quite right. I have tried several things to get it to work but have not figure it out.

I like this site GPS Visualizer much better than what I was doing it was much easier to deal with. Thanks jdraket for the link it is really cool.
    Took to separate 1 Mile walks today. Only Stopwatch worked for both walks. No GPS Data at all. I walk the same path twice a day and this is the first time I have had any trouble, No problem with weather and I walk in a park so no problem with blocked signal. I also noticed a delay two to three minute delay opening the program that I have not experinced before.

Problem with emailing results fixed and decimal point problem is results seems to be fixed as my no results had 0.00 in the right place.

Hope this helps,
    John
    Ok, I tried it tonight on a 4 mile run. Worked great with only one real complaint, which is that I turned the screen on for a few minutes during the run and accidently must have hit stop and send results. I had to restart the program to start again.

A suggestion would be some sort of lockout feature that keeps from stopping the program so easily. Maybe it's not necessary, but an idea.

Another item that might be cool is if we could send a current location to another phone with GPS. I'm thinking it might be cool for those of us that run marathons or similar events. We could let others know where we are. Not sure the battery would hold up that long though...

All in all it's a cool app and it seemed to work with over 99% accuracy, per the program, spending most of the time in my pocket!!!

Now all I need to do is figure out how to pay for it after a few more trials and how to load the info into a mapping program.
    Ok, figured out all I had to do was paste the email info into a text document and then convert to a gpx file and upload, all this done via the website above, and then it opens in a google map and it was very accurate!! This is sweet!!

May have ran through a few houses, but all in all it was very much on track!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Yea I may take the max speed off, it should be an easy thing to do but for some reason it never works quite right. I have tried several things to get it to work but have not figure it out.

I like this site GPS Visualizer much better than what I was doing it was much easier to deal with. Thanks jdraket for the link it is really cool.
    yea thats the site im using to transfer the data to the google earth file... thanks for posting that earlyer

another thing you should change on the app is the way you turn on/off the gps its hard to tell if its working or not untill you start running lol maybe a litle slider like the devmode launcher has?
    What are the chances of programming the physical white button as the start button? My issue is that I have to be looking at the screen to push start and with it in my armband, that is tough to do. Maybe a setting that a user could turn off and on???
  17.    #137  
    I do not think that they are allowing access to that button, plus with the Pixi it will not be there so I am sure they would not like me to use that button. But I will see if I can figure something out. I know that it is hard to do in the Currently available arm bands.
  18.    #138  
    Made some major UI Changes Hopefully for the Better....

9/21/2009 V 0.1.94

-- Removed Preferences from Main Menu
    -- Removed Save Cancel Button From Presences Screen
    -- Added The ability to Choose the Palm Light or Dark Theme
    -- Removed the Email Button from The History Screen (Check Preferences)
    ---- Added The Default Email Icon to the screen in the command menu.
    -- Removed Radio Buttons for the Type on the Stop Watch Screen
    -- Added Drop down menu's (sub menu's) from the Stop Watch Screen so you can choose the Type of Exercise, Also to Turn The GPS off and on.
    -- Cleaned the stage screen so that it will load faster.
    -- Fixed Demo Display Value
    -- Stop Button Takes you to the Results Screen Immediately
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    This has potential.. but for now I gave it 2 stars. Note: I am only interested in using the weightlifting function. Here are the things that need to improve to get a higher rating:

1) Startup screen is not very clear. Make the more important buttons more prominent with bolding, colors, or bigger size. I didn't know where to start when I saw the first screen as all the buttons are given the same prominence.

2) Interface is clumsy. The dropdown boxes to select sets, reps, weight are extremely inefficient to use. Scrolling down through 2.5 lb increments to change the weight from 185 to 205 is very frustrating. Use a numeric keypad instead.. it's nice and quick.

3) Loading of exercises is slow. Sometimes it freezes when I choose a body part. And then the exercise part is very slow to pull up. Maybe a problem if I have poor signal in the gym (maybe try cacheing, if this is the case)

4) Where's the Autosave function?? This one made me quit using it. I swiped the gesture area to go back accidentally.. and I tried to go back to the workout.. but it wiped out everything I punched in for the last 30 minutes. At that point.. I was done using this app.

5) Screen real estate not effectively utilized. Why have the BODY AREA box so large the whole time? After selecting the BODY AREA.. it should minimize in size somehow.
  20.    #140  
    What Version Did you run?

I have added the Auto Save to the app now. So you will save your progress each time even when you swipe it back. It also will notify you after each save so you know it was saved (Based on prior Feed back)

1 --> Is there a better Phrase I can use instead of (Track Work Out), because I can see how that my not be the best.

2. I thought about doing the numbers but I am not sure it is best. I use an arm band and if I had to use the keypad that would get frustrating as well. I do however wish there was a combo box so that you could either do the numbers or the select. What I could do though is create an option in the preferences screen to either use the select method or use the key pad, that way it would be customized for the person. I think that would be good.

The Exercise names are already cached and it could be the amount of data I have in it, which could be the issue, in that it takes a while for the Webos to build the list each time.
    I will see what I can do to increase the speed on it.

I really appreciate the feed back as I am trying to find out why it is rated so low. Since most of the comments in this are not that bad.... I wish more people would comment on their rating so I could make it better for all.
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast