Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Too complicated, keep it simple.
    Too complicated, keep it simple.
    If I don't have a plan and a workout, I don't workout. The only way to stay motivated is for me to know what I'm doing. I need to get in, get it done, and get out. Thus, I carry the paper for each weeks routine. Every morning, I'm doing a different routine and every week is different. It works for me.
  3.    #103  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    If I don't have a plan and a workout, I don't workout. The only way to stay motivated is for me to know what I'm doing. I need to get in, get it done, and get out. Thus, I carry the paper for each weeks routine. Every morning, I'm doing a different routine and every week is different. It works for me.
    One Request I will be working on in my next version is to set up a Routine. Once I send you the Spread sheet I will have an example of how to set it up.

I may not have this update out until Monday though since I am trying to clean a few other things up and want to put them all together in one update.

But if all goes well I may be able to get to it sooner.
    Originally posted by ohallord:
    One Request I will be working on in my next version is to set up a Routine. Once I send you the Spread sheet I will have an example of how to set it up.

I may not have this update out until Monday though since I am trying to clean a few other things up and want to put them all together in one update.

But if all goes well I may be able to get to it sooner.
    Not a problem. I'll use paper until I can enter the routine in workout tracker.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    I uploaded 9991 yesterday but will put out a 9992 today after I test it. I have changed the distiance calc based on your comments. This calculation is suppose to be more accurate than the one I was using.

The version you have dose have issues with the display of the distance and other information.

The current limitation is 50, but if I comes close I will put out an update to increase it so I can get more testing and feed back to people.

From the indications I am getting My app is in a que behind a lot of free apps and a few paid apps so this is giving me time to fix the issues you all are finding.

Thanks again for helping me make this a product people will use and want.
    It is working faster. The delay from wake from sleep while exercising now ranges from instant to 8 seconds.

The distance measure is still intermittent. I think it has to do with picking up a GPS signal. Anyway that you can have a pop-up warning that no or weak GPS detected?
  6.    #106  
    I think I will do the Message that the Signal is week. I know I ran this morning and it was dead on. Also yesterday I was in the car with our Garmin and the numbers match perfectly for the whole ride. So if you have issues it could be a signal thing. I will have to constanly check for signal strength and just pop up a warning that it is week.
    I apologize if this question has been asked. I just started working out and I am excited about building and toning my body, but because I'm a beginner gym rat, I don't know how to perform all of the specific exercises. For example, I don't know how to correctly perform an Upright Row. EAS.com currently has a small animated flash version of each exercise so that you can watch your form. How difficult would it be to incorporate a visual aid of the exercise I picked from the list?

Thanks.

.c
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by pre-laidback313 View Post
    I apologize if this question has been asked. I just started working out and I am excited about building and toning my body, but because I'm a beginner gym rat, I don't know how to perform all of the specific exercises. For example, I don't know how to correctly perform an Upright Row. EAS.com currently has a small animated flash version of each exercise so that you can watch your form. How difficult would it be to incorporate a visual aid of the exercise I picked from the list?

Thanks.

.c
    That will be in my next version. I am trying to see the liability of it What I may do is allow you add the link your self. I have the database set up for the instructions so I am just not sure how to best handle it. I may link to other sites or let the users build those links.

But here is a link as well that might help out.
    Forearms Exercises - Forearm Training & Workouts For Huge Arms!
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Ran again this morning. When signal is strong, it does appear to be accurate.

Delay in wake from sleep is better. If the program is minimized (center button pressed) it awakes a lot faster. Can you force it off the active screen when the pre sleeps?

And for those of us with slightly older eyes, can you make the font one (or even two) size(s) bigger?
    Down loaded WOT 0.1.1 today and tested during walk.
    1.Love new logo.
    2.Email results does not work but email route does.
    3. Avg speed and total distance go 15 spaces past decimal point as in 2.324506547856236.

Hope this helps

John Butler
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbintpa View Post
    1.Love new logo.
    3. Avg speed and total distance go 15 spaces past decimal point as in 2.324506547856236.

Hope this helps

John Butler
    I will have an update tonight to fix it, but I am testing in now.

Thanks for the info though.

Have you tested the Route. It is pretty cool, I used it the other morning on the route I run and was pretty close. I was in some peoples yards according to the image but I know I wasn't
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbintpa View Post
    1.Love new logo.

Hope this helps

John Butler
    Both of those items verified on my end, too. GREAT Progress, though! Looking good!
    I did a test run a couple of days ago with version 0.0.9992 and wearing a Garmin Forerunner 305. I keep the GPS alie by listening to music in the background. The Garmin showed a distance of 3.00 miles and Work Out Tracker showed 3.11. Maybe the new version will do better?
  14.    #114  
    With the route information I found some interesting stuff out. I will post some screen shots of Google Earth here in a bit, but it show's why the distance is off. Basically I loose a good signal so then I guess the gps uses the tower to try and get a fix, which is not real accurate at all.

So unlike the Garmin we do not get a great signal all the time so the accuracy can at times. So I what I have done is put a percentage of Accuracy. If the Accuracy is with in 6 meters of where you are it is considered good, if not then it is a poor signal and it will not count, but the distance calculation will still be done.

I hope I made sense. With the New version I will be posting today you will see a Average Signal Quality box in the results screen.

This will be calculated in the following way.
    (totNumOfGoodSig/TotalSignalChecks)*100
    totNumOfGoodSig => Horizontal AccurTotalSignalChecksacy is 6 meters or better.
    TotalSignalChecks => Total Number of Hits with the gps Signal.

Also fixed is the email results and the percision of the Avg Speed and Total Distance
  15.    #115  
    Here are two example Screen Shots from GOOGLE earth. This is from a test I did yesterday.

As you can see I was in an area where there are lots of tree's. It was jumping all over the place even though I was going staight.

Anyway the new version I am posting (0.1.33) will have an accuracy check on the results screen so you can see how if it was doing this or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16.    #116  
    9/18/2009 V 0.1.33
    Added an accuracy check for the GPS Signal.
    Also fixed a few bugs with the Distance and Speed precision.
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I think the app is great (at least the gps stop-watch - that's the only part of the app that I use). I did a run last night. Was disappointed that the email results didn't work. I did email the gps tracks though and this morning uploaded them into GPS Visualizer (which is pretty cool, btw). It had me running through my neighbors living rooms, but I was pretty impressed non the less. Keep up the good work!
  18.    #118  
    Yea I had that happen to me as well. This version will have the other email working.

Also I will be making some required changes to the app this weekend so watch for that update.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I just took my dogs for a walk using the new version. I really like the mapping of the route. Thanks for posting the link, jdraket.

Does the lap option only save the lap time? I was hoping it would save distance and calories too. My 'laps' are not the traditional laps around a circuit. They vary quite a bit.

Also, I had a problem getting it out of sleep mode. It happened yesterday but at the time I thought it was due to running another GPS app at the same time. Today, all I have running with this. I'd press the button and nothing. I tried sliding it open, still nothing. About a full minute later, the screen came on. It happened again when I got home. I ended up putting it on my Touchstone and it finally came on. This closer to a 2 minuted delay. I've never had the problem before yesterday.
  20.    #120  
    So the app was running already and then you could not pull it up?

Hmm never had that problem before I wonder what it was doing. I will see if I can reproduce it and check the logs....

I will add the lap thing to the Wish list for the next version.
    Thanks for the feed back