Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 377
  1. diddly4's Avatar
    Posts
    158 Posts
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    #81  
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    when you hit the email Results what does it do?

    I added the email results to the history screen so it should email you.

    If you pick a date and then pick Work Outs what does it show?

    If there are some in there it will show the body area it is for.

    Then you select it and you should be able to email it now.

    Let me know, because I will like to see what the error is...

    Thanks for the feed back.
    Ok, when I press the "email" button it says that feature hasn't been enabled. I do have the most updated version. I'm going to delete it and download it again to see if that works, i'll post my results.
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by diddly4 View Post
    Ok, when I press the "email" button it says that feature hasn't been enabled. I do have the most updated version. I'm going to delete it and download it again to see if that works, i'll post my results.
    Let me know if not check tomorrow for a new version.

    I fixed a few bugs and cleaned the email up (added date of exercise)....
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by GrillSgt View Post
    I really don't mean to complain. I know you are working hard on this app and it shows. Keep going, I really want to see this thing work the way it looks like it's going to.

    With the frequent updates and each update deleting all data, I strongly suggest installing backup and restore functionality soon. While I really like the potential of this app and want to use it, I can't when I have to re-enter all of my exercises and data after each update. Please give us backup and restore functionality soon!
    I sent you a pm so that you could give me your email address. What I will do is load your work outs (exercises) to the device so they are always there. This will be the temporary solution, until I finish my web sync that I am working on. The web sync will save everything so that you will not lose the data.

    And you are helping make this a better product by tell me what is wrong. So again thank you.

    Thanks.
  4. #84  
    Today when I ran, Everything looked to be going good. I checked the status of the screen at about 10 minutes and everything was still tracking. I did about 2 miles and stopped to check the status and everything said "off"...argh! I sent the email and, of course it was all zeros. So I started again and just walked...keeping my eyes on what was happening. All was well for a while...then low and behold, I looked and everything said "off" again. One more start over, and I think that I determined that if I carried the phone too low, it must lose GPS signal and set everything to off. I tried to do it on purpose, and yup...

    Some questions for everybody -

    • Does anybody know where on the Pre the GPS antenna is?
    • Do you use an armband with your Pre? I have an iPod one that the phone fits in, but not sure if it will get GPS signal while using it.
    • Has anybody else had similar results or do you think that maybe my GPS is defective?


    Thanks
    --Mark
  5. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #85  
    Mark,

    I've used this app three times with an arm band while running and never had a problem with it. My arm band is a generic (non-ipod) neoprene thing with a plastic window over the screen.

    Jim
  6.    #86  
    Quote Originally Posted by marktaylor View Post
    Today when I ran, Everything looked to be going good. I checked the status of the screen at about 10 minutes and everything was still tracking. I did about 2 miles and stopped to check the status and everything said "off"...argh! I sent the email and, of course it was all zeros. So I started again and just walked...keeping my eyes on what was happening. All was well for a while...then low and behold, I looked and everything said "off" again. One more start over, and I think that I determined that if I carried the phone too low, it must lose GPS signal and set everything to off. I tried to do it on purpose, and yup...

    Some questions for everybody -

    • Does anybody know where on the Pre the GPS antenna is?
    • Do you use an armband with your Pre? I have an iPod one that the phone fits in, but not sure if it will get GPS signal while using it.
    • Has anybody else had similar results or do you think that maybe my GPS is defective?


    Thanks
    --Mark
    Okay I think what happend is that you some how hit the GPS off Button. Which is the only way it will show OFF in every field. So.....

    I might have to take that off if people are having issues with it..

    Also on a note I will have a new version tonight. This version has some additions. Like the date time in the emails for the workouts.
    Also a CSV cut and past for Log Lat that you can convert to GPX.

    The proble with actually creating a GPX file is.....

    1. Right now the API's do not allow for the creation of files.
    2. When I tried to send it through the email, it would never show up. I think it was that the email did not like the XML Format I had to have it in.
    I was really annoyed with it. But we have to deal with some of the limitations of the WebOs API....

    CSV File Format was taken from here.
    http://www.gpsbabel.org/htmldoc-deve...mt_unicsv.html
    Last edited by ohallord; 09/13/2009 at 08:58 PM.
  7. #87  
    That is possible...I was running with it in my hand. I am going to try the armband tomorrow.

    Hey, thanks for all of the work on this...it is getting there. It has a lot of promise! Let me know if there is anything specific that you want me to try with it.

    --Mark
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by marktaylor View Post
    That is possible...I was running with it in my hand. I am going to try the armband tomorrow.

    Hey, thanks for all of the work on this...it is getting there. It has a lot of promise! Let me know if there is anything specific that you want me to try with it.

    --Mark
    Oh I just bought a Ipod 3gs Arm Band from Best buy and it works good enough.

    I wish someone would make one for this, so I can adjust the volume.

    Also make sure you have version 0.0.9991 since it has a better csv format for the GPX data.
  9. ahershey's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #89  
    Tried the app several times. Like the concept, but only seems to work about half the time - especially the GPS distance. This sometimes just shows no distance at all, although the stop watch is working fine. I do run in a round track, and it seems to work better in running mode. In walking mode it wasn't working.

    Also, it hangs up and is slow to load. It takes up to a minute to awaken if I am running and want to check my lap time. I am listening to Music remix at the same time, so it may be a processor call issue.

    I think with some "app dieting", it may work faster and consistently, so keep up the good work.
  10.    #90  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahershey View Post
    Tried the app several times. Like the concept, but only seems to work about half the time - especially the GPS distance. This sometimes just shows no distance at all, although the stop watch is working fine. I do run in a round track, and it seems to work better in running mode. In walking mode it wasn't working.

    Also, it hangs up and is slow to load. It takes up to a minute to awaken if I am running and want to check my lap time. I am listening to Music remix at the same time, so it may be a processor call issue.

    I think with some "app dieting", it may work faster and consistently, so keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the feed back.

    I have never tested it on an oval track so that could be an issue with the distance calc, since I know when I used to mow the lawn it is not accurate but I can understand the lawn thing since it is really close to each other.

    When I have music playing and other things going on my phone is slow so part of may be an processor, I keep trying to tweak it so thanks for the info.

    Also what version are you using.
    I think the latest version is more stable with the distance...
  11. ahershey's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    #91  
    I'm using v 0.0.9972

    It seems like it works sometimes and other times it doesn't on the same track. It was more like that it wasn't picking up the GPS or change in the GPS.

    I've also tried it with Pandora and same issue. The music keeps playing and the Workout keeps running, but it takes a long time to wake up. You may want to add a comment not to put it in sleep mode (although not sure what that would do to the battery).

    Also, are you going to extend the 15 use limit, as it doesn't seem that we can purchase yet and you are still de-bugging?
  12.    #92  
    Quote Originally Posted by ahershey View Post
    I'm using v 0.0.9972

    It seems like it works sometimes and other times it doesn't on the same track. It was more like that it wasn't picking up the GPS or change in the GPS.

    I've also tried it with Pandora and same issue. The music keeps playing and the Workout keeps running, but it takes a long time to wake up. You may want to add a comment not to put it in sleep mode (although not sure what that would do to the battery).

    Also, are you going to extend the 15 use limit, as it doesn't seem that we can purchase yet and you are still de-bugging?

    I uploaded 9991 yesterday but will put out a 9992 today after I test it. I have changed the distiance calc based on your comments. This calculation is suppose to be more accurate than the one I was using.

    The version you have dose have issues with the display of the distance and other information.

    The current limitation is 50, but if I comes close I will put out an update to increase it so I can get more testing and feed back to people.

    From the indications I am getting My app is in a que behind a lot of free apps and a few paid apps so this is giving me time to fix the issues you all are finding.

    Thanks again for helping me make this a product people will use and want.
  13. #93  
    Success with it in the iPod armband. Version.9991. I will continue to use with my daily runs/walks to validate consistency. Now we need a true Pre armband!

    Thanks for the work!
  14. #94  
    I just noticed...the average pace is still 0:00. Other than that the numbers appear accurate.
  15. jeking's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    #95  
    Great app. Keep it up.

    Also, I had posted previously about the new version not being shown as a new version. I tried again when you posted version.9991 and it updated perfectly. I'm sure you weren't worried about it, but thought I'd mention it.
  16.    #96  
    I have changed the layout of the CSV data for the Long/Latitude info to work with the found here. GPSBabel: convert, upload, download data from GPS and Map programs

    Also this data is sent in a separate email as when I tried it the email was rather large so I decided to make it a separate email Let me know if this is good or not.
  17. #97  
    I don't know what I'm doing incorrectly, but when I try to add an exercise, it doesn't allow me to chose from body parts already listed in the data base.

    I want to use the tracker for Cardio and workout routines. I had the idea to name the routines as a body part i.e. CORE 6 and then I'd be able to complete an entire routine my clicking on that body part. I need to get this part down before it's effective for me.

    Is everyone else entering a different way so that you have a drop-down for body parts when you enter exercises? Let me know your secrets. I've just added the new Demo version.9992.
  18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    I don't know what I'm doing incorrectly, but when I try to add an exercise, it doesn't allow me to chose from body parts already listed in the data base.

    I want to use the tracker for Cardio and workout routines. I had the idea to name the routines as a body part i.e. CORE 6 and then I'd be able to complete an entire routine my clicking on that body part. I need to get this part down before it's effective for me.

    Is everyone else entering a different way so that you have a drop-down for body parts when you enter exercises? Let me know your secrets. I've just added the new Demo version.9992.
    The best way to do this is just have your body part as Misc and then Exercise Name as core 6.

    I think that way it will be the best thing for you. Since it really dose not have to be a body part it can be any thing. The Body area is the driver meaning you have one body part to many exercises. So use the "Misc" Body Part and then add your exercises from that. The problem with the API's right now there is not a Combo Box so I can't do the Drop Down for Body Parts if I did you would not be able to add one. As long as it is spelt the same you would be fine.

    If you want I can add them on a permanate basis.

    Just PM me your email address and I will send you a spread sheet with the format that I need, with some examples.

    I hope this helps out.
  19.    #99  
    I have attached a screen shot that might help out on what you may want to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20. #100  
    The best way to do this is just have your body part as Misc and then Exercise Name as core 6.

    I think that way it will be the best thing for you. Since it really dose not have to be a body part it can be any thing. The Body area is the driver meaning you have one body part to many exercises. So use the "Misc" Body Part and then add your exercises from that. The problem with the API's right now there is not a Combo Box so I can't do the Drop Down for Body Parts if I did you would not be able to add one. As long as it is spelt the same you would be fine.

    If you want I can add them on a permanate basis.

    Just PM me your email address and I will send you a spread sheet with the format that I need, with some examples.

    I hope this helps out.
    Actually, CORE is my abdominal. I have 6-8 routines that are 3-4 exercises for that body part. I have upper body, lower body, etc. It's similar to P90X. In fact I also have P90 X, but I wanted to add the individual routines so that I wouldn't have to remember which exercises go to each routine.

    As you mentioned, the ability to not carry paper to remember my routine. I guess, I could use snippets to list the exercise sequences and your program to store the exercises. I'll PM you for csv format.
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions