Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Ok, the doc is attached here. It's in zip format, since .xls isn't acceptable to the forum.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by froggersloth View Post
    Ok, the doc is attached here. It's in zip format, since .xls isn't acceptable to the forum.
    Cool thanks I will see how I can incorporate this in my next release. Once I get this in I will let you know so maybe you can test it out for me.

You will have to give me some time to get there, I need figure out how to best fit it in with my current design and the space limitations to the screen.

Again thanks for the input.
    I just got back from a run...I ran a course that I know is 3.15 miles from my Garmin and iPod Nike+ this app showed 0 miles. When I got done with the run and pushed the "Show Results" button, all I see is the time, max speed, and calories burned. Everything else is zeroed out. The route is a straight line out and back wit hthe start and end point being the same...could that be the problem? I hope you get the bugs worked out before you start charging for this app...it has a lot of promise!
  4.    #44  
    I have put out an updated version I hope this will fix some of the bugs that have been found.
    I will give it a go again tomorrow and post the results. Does the 15 use limit reset with your updae? I'd hate to run out of uses while I am testing this.
  6.    #46  
    The use is 50. So after 50 you can't use it anymore. So this should get people far enough before the app is released.
    If not when then I will up the usage so that people can use it until the App Store version comes out.
    Well I have a question.

I used this at the gym yesterday. I understand that the email function is not working in this version (demo). Where is the workout being tracked then? I can find where I can see an overview of my day. Under "Check Progress" there is only the non-working email function. I can't REALLY see my progress for that day.

You should at least include an overview screen of what has been done per day. Otherwise, this program is basically useless. Please take no offence in that. I really like the concept and I would use it. Yesterday I felt like I was basically entering sets/reps on a paper with invisible ink. I couldn't see it again after I entered and pressed "Next Set".
  8.    #48  
    Good point. I will refine it and allow email in this section so that you can get the info needed.

I will try and get it out by tomorrow.

Thanks.
  9.    #49  
    I added the Email Capability back to the Check Progress Screen.
    Thanks for the reply. Also, how about adding a control to show the progress through the app in a table view or something? To be honest, if I were using this constantly, I would rather be able to view my progress on the fly from the phone rather than email it to myself for later viewing. Sure I would email periodically for archiving, but the mobility option is better im my opinion.

Either way, cool program imo.
    I walked with the app today. This is still very buggy. I went for a total of 5.2 miles and I average about 5mph when I walk. I walked the entire time within good signal range. It did OK for about the first 3 miles. the average speed seemed OK, the speed itself and the distance. then the average speed took a huge jump to like 8 mph, the distance stayed good. the the distance took about a 1 mile jump, and the average speed went to 0. The whole time the stopwatch was working fine. then, i received a phone call and the averages all reset to 0, the distance stayed way high. At the end I had zero average and about 2 miles too much. I think I give up for now, I thought today's update would fix some problems but I'll uninstall and wait for the pretracker to come back to life. This has potential though!
    Honestly, my biggest issues with this is the fact that I need to scroll down to pick the weight for each set every time. I think it would be a lot more effective as an input field where the user types in the weight instead of a drop down box, or even both. I also agree with a previous post that the app needs a way to check your stats on the phone without having to email yourself. My biggest problem at the gym is remembering what weight I started at the previous week, and it would be great to be able to check that and my progress from within the program. But great job so far, I've been waiting for an app like this
  13.    #53  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidral View Post
    Honestly, my biggest issues with this is the fact that I need to scroll down to pick the weight for each set every time. I think it would be a lot more effective as an input field where the user types in the weight instead of a drop down box, or even both. I also agree with a previous post that the app needs a way to check your stats on the phone without having to email yourself. My biggest problem at the gym is remembering what weight I started at the previous week, and it would be great to be able to check that and my progress from within the program. But great job so far, I've been waiting for an app like this
    Yes I agree with you and the weight for the previous week. How about this. What if I put your starting weight in from the previous work out if you have one.

Once you pick your exercise I will find what was the weight for the previous workout and for the corresponding set number.

I will work on putting a result screen in.

Thanks for all the great ideas.
  14.    #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by packpackpack View Post
    I walked with the app today. This is still very buggy. I went for a total of 5.2 miles and I average about 5mph when I walk. I walked the entire time within good signal range. It did OK for about the first 3 miles. the average speed seemed OK, the speed itself and the distance. then the average speed took a huge jump to like 8 mph, the distance stayed good. the the distance took about a 1 mile jump, and the average speed went to 0. The whole time the stopwatch was working fine. then, i received a phone call and the averages all reset to 0, the distance stayed way high. At the end I had zero average and about 2 miles too much. I think I give up for now, I thought today's update would fix some problems but I'll uninstall and wait for the pretracker to come back to life. This has potential though!
    I will work on these issues tonight, and see what I can come up with. I think some of it is the way we get the signal. I noticed my self that when I drove today with it, the miles crept up when I was at a stop sign, and the speed kept changing. I will have to work on those issues.

I hope you would give me a chance to work out these bugs as this information is greatly appreciated and very helpful. I was very hesitant about putting this app out here before it was released, but since I did not have any one to really test it throughly I decided to put it out. All these bugs will have to be worked out before it even gos live on the App Store any way.

Again thanks for your input.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    I will work on these issues tonight, and see what I can come up with. I think some of it is the way we get the signal. I noticed my self that when I drove today with it, the miles crept up when I was at a stop sign, and the speed kept changing. I will have to work on those issues.

I hope you would give me a chance to work out these bugs as this information is greatly appreciated and very helpful. I was very hesitant about putting this app out here before it was released, but since I did not have any one to really test it throughly I decided to put it out. All these bugs will have to be worked out before it even gos live on the App Store any way.

Again thanks for your input.
    Certainly, I will continue to give it a shot and provide feedback. I became frustrated with pretracker as well. You are ahead of that game though, that GPS would go to sleep when the screen turned off ;-) Thanks for all of your work!
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by packpackpack View Post
    Certainly, I will continue to give it a shot and provide feedback. I became frustrated with pretracker as well. You are ahead of that game though, that GPS would go to sleep when the screen turned off ;-) Thanks for all of your work!
    Yea the time out thing took me forever to get working. It is not easy or a very pretty solution but I tested it on a 10k run and it worked good. I compared it the watches that the people I ran with used and it tied out.

I am currently making some changes to the stop watch to hopefully alleviate these issues so I am going to try it out tomorrow morning and it the initial tests go well I will post the updated version.

I think i found my problem. I would keep updating the values while I was still standing still. so I have cleaned these values up to see if that helps.

This has been a whirl wind of help for me I feel I have made some major progress this past week in getting it closer to being ready to be put in the app store.
    This in my mind is beyond any doubt the coolest, best homebrew app so far. I can't wait to see you grow it. Take a look at the Garmin 205 for inspiration. It's a great cycle computer. If this had the ability to store cumulative workouts, it would be a true first rate winner.
    I really like the potential of this app. I too am doing P90X and don't necessarily like having to manually write down everything then transfer everything to a spreadsheet to create charts and monitor progress. Most of the things I was going to mention for improvement have already been mentioned (centering, editing and & deleting exercises, editing & deleting workouts, email function, onscreen results and progress screens, saved workout routines and more) have all been mentioned.

I do have some feature requests though that may not have been mentioned:

1. Ability to export data, either in a spreadsheet or in a comma/tab delimited text file. That way users can use the power of spreadsheets to create custom charts and progress reports. The comma/tab delimited text file would work better for this especially for spreadsheet power users; this is my preference since I can use the file as a data source and simply update the spreadsheet when new data is available; everything updates automagically if the charts and reports are created right. Email is nice, but the ability to export would be nice too.

2. Data back up and restore functionality. If you add the ability to export into a comma/tab delimited text file, you could probably use the same file to import for restoring. This would help people who have to "hard reset" their Pre and not lose all their precious data (don't know if this is something that can be backed up using the Palm back up service).

3. All of the exercises have sets and reps. However, with P90X, not all of the exercises use reps. Some are timed exercises (like 60 seconds per rep). Would like the option to enter reps or time for exercises.

4. Ability to enter starting, interim and ending measurements in addition to weight: things like heart rate, waist, arms, chest, thighs, hips, etc.

Personally, I don't really care about putting my data on a website. I don't really share my workout details with friends and family, let alone strangers. I do update family and friends on my progress occasionally through social websites and my personal blog. So, storing my workout data on a third-party website is not really important to me. Predefined exercises isn't super important to me since I'm doing P90X and I expect to have to input most of my own exercises anyway. The nutrition functionality sounds nice provided it's not simply a calorie tracker. I wouldn't use it if I had to input every item I ate...you'd need a robust database or connect to one that's already available online. A useful item for a nutrition tracker is the ability to track Weight Watcher points daily and weekly (but maybe that's another app, but if it were all in one, that would be fantastic and I bet you'd get a lot of users).
    This mornings walk again ended with all 0's...but I think that I figured out what I did...I hit the stop button, then the start button accidentally. This may be what I did yesterday as well. When I go into the history, though...nothing is there except the email button which is disabled. If you could unlock that while we are testing for you, we might be able to provide better feedback. I want this app or one like it to succeed...but I will not spend money until I know it will meet my needs and function properly. Keep up the good work.
  20.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by marktaylor View Post
    This mornings walk again ended with all 0's...but I think that I figured out what I did...I hit the stop button, then the start button accidentally. This may be what I did yesterday as well. When I go into the history, though...nothing is there except the email button which is disabled. If you could unlock that while we are testing for you, we might be able to provide better feedback. I want this app or one like it to succeed...but I will not spend money until I know it will meet my needs and function properly. Keep up the good work.

I am currently trying to work out some other issues that I have found through this forum on the stop watch and will hopefully have this fixed today or tomorrow.

I will then enable the email so that testing can be preformed. I also found out an issue with the results screen locking up so all this will be fixed in the next release.

Thanks again for all the feed back.
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast