Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    OK, I tried it in a car and it did work, but there were problems. For example, the average speed was higher than my max speed. I'm guessing there must be a min speed needed to get it to work that kept it from working when I was walking/running?

I agree with the other posts that entering data seems to complex. It doesn't seem to save everytime.

Also, I didn't find any of the prepopulated exercises you mentioned.
  2.    #22  
    The prepopulated Exercises are in the track work out section. If you choose a Body Area it should show you a bunch of different ones. I am seeing sometimes that is an issue on first load. I will look into fixing that.
  3.    #23  
    If you could give me all the P90x Workouts in a spread sheet (post Private Message) I will add them in there and that way you will have them pre-populated.

So if any one is willing to send me a private message with a spread sheet of the P90x Work outs I will add them to the Database.

Also If the database is stored on the Media drive so if you back that up you will not loose any data.

If you remove the app you will loose the data, since it deletes the database.

I added it to the Media Drive so that I could back it up.
    Also with the full version you can send yourself and email with CSV data so that way you can keep it on you own computer.
  4.    #24  
    If any one can give me pointers to make it easier to enter data I would be appreciative of it. I feel it is pretty easy myself but I am the one that wrote it, and that hinders my judgement
    I just loaded the software and it looks good. Unfortunately, I couldn't get the preloaded exercises to load in the Track Workout area. Any exercises I added would show up, but none of the preloaded stuff showed up. I have restarted the app several times.

Some suggestions:
    1. Add the ability to create entire workouts. Then you just enter weight and reps. you could also add total time for workout. you could also take it a step further and have predefined workouts and suggested exercise swaps to your workouts.

2. Show pictures of the exercise in the add/edit exercise screen.

I think the predefined workouts is the big thing. This way you aren't wasting time picking exercises and spend more time working out.

Great job so far.
    I didn't find any exercises. I'll delete and reload. How would I import exercises into it? How do you load the ipk specifically to media?
  7.    #27  
    I put a new version up that should load the exercises.
    Let me know if that helped or not.
    I am considering the program but have one question. In what form does the program email a bike ride, for example? I would like to email myself the data and then enter it automatically on MapMyRides.com so that I can see the elevation information as well. Mapmyrides imports .gpx, .kml, .kmz, and .tcx.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    Wouldn't putting the p90x routine out for public use be some type of copy right infringment (sp?)?

So is putting the data in the media folder going to make the data saved in the instance of a webos update?
  10.    #30  
    It depends on the type of exercise. Most exercises are already out there, but if you put in the instructions word for word or do not give the credit, then yes it would be. I would have to see what I have versus what some of the P90X workouts are. I may have them already in my list of exercises.

Can you provide me of some examples so I can check.

Also yes you would not lose your data via a webos Update, unless it goes horrible wrong.

But you can always back up your data just in case.
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    A minor detail, when you press "next set" the number of the set should automatically increase by 1. Right now you have to manually change the set.
  12.    #32  
    I know of that bug and am trying to fix it.
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by rcuswalk View Post
    I am considering the program but have one question. In what form does the program email a bike ride, for example? I would like to email myself the data and then enter it automatically on MapMyRides.com so that I can see the elevation information as well. Mapmyrides imports .gpx, .kml, .kmz, and .tcx.
    I do not have the GPS info emailed as of yet. That is planed for the next version. It is a lot of data to store on the phone, so I am trying to get my server going so that I can store it on that and then email it in that format.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Will this app overlay my route onto/from google maps? I'd like to know how far the route I walk actually is.

Thanks,

S.
  15.    #35  
    I have not put that in place yet. I have not figured out how to best implement this. Some of the issues that are hindering me on this is that amount of storage it will take for these routes, as well as not being able to create a file to send as an attachment. But I do plan on getting my web server going so I can have more storage, then I will send the email and attachments from the server rather than the phone.

I hope this answers your question.
    This is a pretty impressive looking and useful app, great job!

Can I make a suggestion though?
    The current logo (at least the one used in the homebrew catalog) just sucks. Sorry, didn't find a better way to put it, I honestly think it's very bad.

I'm only saying this because I believe the app itself is really good so it'd be a shame for people to dismiss it or get a negative first impression just from a bad logo.
    Great app. Used it today for my workout. Question: Since the email function is not enabled, is there another way to check your progress to look at the details from a previous workout perhaps on the phone?
    Otherwise, everything worked well for myself. Great start.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by symos View Post
    This is a pretty impressive looking and useful app, great job!

Can I make a suggestion though?
    The current logo (at least the one used in the homebrew catalog) just sucks. Sorry, didn't find a better way to put it, I honestly think it's very bad.

I'm only saying this because I believe the app itself is really good so it'd be a shame for people to dismiss it or get a negative first impression just from a bad logo.
    I totally agree with you. I am paying someone to get me a better logo and icon. This is my second attempt and it is better than my first.

But I agree.
    I don't know what set of exercises this is based on, but I just got done putting the exercises from "Stronger Arms and Upper Body" into a spreadsheet. It's categorized by muscle group, subcategorized ("target") by minor muscle group, has when in the workout to do it, and appropriate substitutions for the exercise.

Code:
    Exercise		Target			When to do		Substitutions
    Barbell bench press	Middle pectorals	Early in workout	Dumbbell press - flat bench	Smith machine bench press	Hammer Strength chest press	Machine press
    The next project is to link each exercise to a video (scoured out of YouTube, for now...) that shows how to do it. I also have the SA&UB "lean" workout in the same spreadsheet, and am going to add the "mass" and "strength" workouts as well.

Here's my dream:

At the gym, you call up the workout you're doing. It shows the overview, then walks you set-by-set through each exercise. As you finish them, you record your weight, then click "time". It starts a rest countdown and lets you know when to start the next set. If the exercise is unfamiliar, click to watch an instructional video. If the exercise isn't possible (for example, my gym doesn't have a setup for decline Smith press), click to choose a substitute, which takes the place of the original (with a note that it's a substitute) with all the same video/sub options. Then, while you're showering, your Pre is making you a protein shake. This may require my USB blender attachment.

Right now, I'm copying parts of the spreadsheet into my calendar and editing it as I go. That works, but this would be an awesome improvement.

BTW, if a copy of the spreadsheet would be useful, let me know.
  20.    #40  
    Yea send me what you have in your spread sheet and I will add them to the exercises.

I will add the work out suggestion thing to my wish list and future projects. As I agree that it will be a good addition to do it.

I think you could go to a web site and edit your routine to what you want to do for the week and then you could sync it with the phone and you could then pick your routine out for the day.

Good Ideas..

Thanks.
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast