Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819 LastLast
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    Okay here is how the results screen calculates the average pace.
    AveragePace = (TotTimeInMinutes / TotalDistance);
    That's how I'd calculate it to. I'm not sure of the correct names for the various screens, so here it goes. When I click 'List of Stopwatch Data', that Ave Speed is correct. If I click on the excercise, that
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ohallord View Post
    Okay here is how the results screen calculates the average pace.
    AveragePace = (TotTimeInMinutes / TotalDistance);
    That's how I'd calculate it to. I'm not sure of the correct names for the various screens, so here it goes. When I click 'List of Stopwatch Data', that Ave Speed is correct. If I click on the exercise, that Ave Speed is different (lower). That's the one I'd like to see fixed. When I finish an exercise, I think it showed this same lower, incorrect ave speed as well.

Let me know if you aren't able to follow what I'm saying.
  3.    #343  
    Okay got, It looks like the average speed and not the average pace. I will see what that does.
  4.    #344  
    Okay that is odd. I found the issue. One of my tables has it correct the other one does not. So I changed where the table got the data and it is now showing the higher speed. which I did some calculations and they worked out.

I am going to put this on the beta site tomorrow or Tuesday.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Glad you found the source. Thanks!
    Hello girls!]
    Love is hurting so keep flurting!
    Exercises
  7.    #347  
    Okay I finally am ready to test some big changes to the app.

This is a Beta version of the application so there may be bugs, and if so please report them to me so that I can fix them.

I am working on more changes and will update the app as it I get to them. I have been having a hard time getting to them with work, and family obligations so please try and be patient.

Here are some of the major updates to this version.

Version 0.6.0
    06/23/2010

I am currently syncing to my server, this will allow for the creation of GPX and CSV files that are emailed directly to you.

You need to make sure you enter a valid email address or you will not get your data, nor will I be-able to find it.

GPS modified a little to help with speed of lock, and accuracy of the data
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Nice to see you back again.

Where can I find the beta? I'd love to test it out.
  9.    #349  
    I have been working on this version for about 2 months off and on, and this is is a pretty big change so I wanted it test by my faithful followers.

You should be able to down load it from here. I am going to try and put it on Palm's Beta app catalog too. But I have to find all my stuff first (images)

http://www.precentral.net/homebrew-a...rk-out-tracker
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Got it, thanks. How/where do you want feedback on it?
  11.    #351  
    Feed back here or through email would be just fine. What ever is easiest.

Again this is not totally finished it is just a beta version so I will be cleaning things up as I get them working the way I want them too.

but let me know of any issues or inconsistencies.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    The first thing I noticed is the backup to the server does not complete.

On the screen, it says Now Syncing Table [Table] to server. I click the 'tap to sync' button and it quickly gets to 'Lap Data Now Syncing' and stays there. I can't cancel to backup but I can go back to the previous screen. I have no idea if some or all of my data was backed up. I did add two exercises (both stop watch) so there was data to back up.

The other thing is on the history screen. The Sync Data button doesn't seem to do anything.

Let me know if you need any more info or clarification.
  13.    #353  
    I saw the lap data issue too.. I will clean that up, (make it more friendly) Right now the sync is working as I made sure I saw your data.

The best way to check to see if it made it into the tables (on the server) is to try and extract the data from the history or the stop watch, if you get a CSV then it hit the server, if you get an email with a bunch of text (old way) it did not hit the server correctly.

The sync button on the history screen does not have any feed back, but what it does is hit the workout tables (exercises) and updates it from the selected date range. I think I am going to remove that since I have a whole different screen to do the sync's.

Thanks for the feed back.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    No problem.

I'm not sure I follow what you mean by extracting the data. If I go to List Stopwatch Data, pick an activity, and click CSV, I get an email full of text. No file. Is that what you're saying?

If I got to History and click the email button (lower left), I'm told No Data Available. On the same screen, it I click Graph It it will graph my data.
  15.    #355  
    I will give you some better instructions here in a bit. I am fixing some of your issues that you mentioned hope to have an update out tonight.
  16.    #356  
    Okay got some the csv to work from the web-service.

Go to the List Stop Watch Data and get the info that way. Then you get a CSV file.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    The csv and gpx both work sending from the server. I like it. This may not be a bug but in the emails the altitude between the two is way off.

The csv says:
    Your Min Altitude was 623.36 Feet Your Max Altitude was 688.98 Feet Your Average Altitude was 655.96 Feet

The gpx says:
    Your Min Altitude was 190 Feet Your Max Altitude was 210 Feet Your Average Altitude was 199.94 Feet
  18.    #358  
    the GPX email is not converting the Altitude to Feet, in the Message body of the email. I thought I had that changed but I forgot it. I will get that fixed. This is a server side fix so there is no need for the app to be updated.
  19.    #359  
    For this version. You must put in a valid email address, in the preferences scene. With out it you will not get your info back from the server, You will not be able to back up/restore your data, or you will not get actual GPX/CSV files. This is very important. I will be adding checks for valid emails in future versions, but right now I do not have them. You can go back and add your email in the preferences screen. You can access it from the settings drop down (top left corner it will say Workout Tracker.... Press that and then choose Preferences.

I got the email fixed for the GPX version. It will now have Altitude in feet instead of Meters.

This week is for you to check for new/updated work out routines. This is a goal.
    After that I will add an email check. This will make sure that your email is not the default email address.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    The new email looks great.

I don't use the work out functions, so someone else will have to test those. Is the data just stored on your server or is it accessible in any way? Meaning can I view it on your site someplace??